Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Today's swabs

https://twitter.com/COVID19DataIE/status/1390306115401908227?s=20

Compared to last week:

485 positive swabs, 2.44% positivity on 19,880 tests.

That's good going thankfully

High rate of testing going on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Amirani wrote: »
    More false negatives, their sensitivity is much lower.
    So not a good thing then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Littleredcar

How long are people waiting at the moment for test results

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Oh good old Gerry I’ve experience of stopping a pandemic Killeen.what happened to his predictions of every school child being wiped out after Easter that he confidently predicted on rte radio 1 on Easter Saturday

I really do wonder what these crackpots want. What's their endgame?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Two new walk-in Covid 19 test centres have been announced for County Donegal - Carndonagh and Convoy. Milford one is finishing tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

How long are people waiting at the moment for test results

24hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭niamh247

Any idea which vaccine are they giving now? The registration website doesn't tell anything about type of vaccine. Hope they let us choose the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

niamh247 wrote: »
    Any idea which vaccine are they giving now? The registration website doesn't tell anything about type of vaccine. Hope they let us choose the vaccine.

No one gets to chose their vaccine . It will be in your text when you get it . Venue , date , time and vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

Sanjuro wrote: »
    I really do wonder what these crackpots want. What's their endgame?

Academics fight for funding, public profile helps with funding. They are also as a rule incredibly egotistical and being in the limelight suits them. I wonder how Axa will view Gerry's profile when this is all over?

ISAG members feel more relevant and important during this than at any other time in their careers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

The Indo, pushing scares again:

Eilish O’Regan and Stephen Maguire

May 06 2021 02:30 AM

Outbreaks of Covid-19 linked to international travel have made a comeback – highlighting the risk posed from people coming in from abroad.

Figures show two flight-related outbreaks last week involving five to seven people.

In the period from April 20 to last Monday travel-related cases of the virus rose to 214, mainly due to tests on people coming here who have to enter mandatory quarantine.

The figures are expected to have an influence on the decision on how soon people will be able to take a holiday abroad and on incoming tourism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

What are the swap numbers today, I can't see the tweet that was posted earlier

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    No one gets to chose their vaccine . It will be in your text when you get it . Venue , date , time and vaccine

So, we go ahead, register and then get the text which has name of the vaccine. And then we can cancel the registration if we don't prefer the vaccine type being offered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

niamh247 wrote:
    So, we go ahead, register and then get the text which has name of the vaccine. And then we can cancel the registration if we don't prefer the vaccine type being offered?

Are you being serious? If you don't take the vaccine offered. Back of the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Different ones. If you're over 60, AZ.
    If you're under 60, moderna or Pfizer mainly.

My gp is only giving Pfizer, my local hospital is only giving moderna.

Cancel if you like . Its means you go to the back of the queue then

Are you being serious? If you don't take the vaccine offered. Back of the line.
    Sorry, what you mean back of the line? Can't we register again when they are giving a different vaccine type?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

If you cancel, you'll be put to the back of the vaccination list basically, and there are no guarantees that you'll be offered a different brand when your turn comes again

https://www.breakingnews.ie/amp/ireland/those-who-refuse-astrazeneca-will-go-to-back-of-vaccine-queue-varadkar-says-1111757.html

Sorry, what you mean back of the line? Can't we register again when they are giving a different vaccine type?

Are you series . Keep registering until you get one that suits you ? What a waste of people efford trying to get this rollout sorted . Thankfully most people are not as fussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,251 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

No, you register once and a vaccine is assigned to you. If you cancel because you can't make it that's fine but there's no choice here to pick what you want. It's quite simple, vaccine or no vaccine. They won't wait for you to decide what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    If you cancel, you'll be put to the back of the vaccination list basically, and there are no guarantees that you'll be offered a different brand when your turn comes again

https://www.breakingnews.ie/amp/ireland/those-who-refuse-astrazeneca-will-go-to-back-of-vaccine-queue-varadkar-says-1111757.html

I think I would still refuse, having had Covid & had some very strange skin issues with it, I'd rather have no vaccine than risk blood clots.

Does anyone know if we still only need one vaccine if we recently had Covid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

Its not like a shop that is out of the Heinz beans that you want and they tell you to come back in a few days when there is stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i assume once they go through everyone you will pay your doctor and get charged for the vaccines like you do for all the other ones when you go on holiday.

you can pick what you like then

as far as i know the vaccination centres are AZ and J&J mainly doctors and hospitals seem to be giving out pfizer and moderna.

and az and J&J is over 50's now isnt it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

If having Covid within last 6 months and under 50 then yes just one dose of vaccine needed

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    If having Covid within last 6 months and under 50 then yes just one dose of vaccine needed

And not immuno compromised

Are you series . Keep registering until you get one that suits you ? What a waste of people efford trying to get this rollout sorted . Thankfully most people are not as fussy.
    Sorry, I don't understand why it is so wrong to prefer a vaccine brand. Also, I wont be causing wastage of anybody's effort if they can be transparent about the vaccine type.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

And not immuno compromised

Ok thanks, one of us though not immune compromised ended up very sick in hospital, age under 50. I'm wondering if they would only need one too?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

You'd most likely have to wait until after the 18-30s which would be about August.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Knine wrote: »
    I think I would still refuse, having had Covid & had some very strange skin issues with it, I'd rather have no vaccine than risk blood clots.

Does anyone know if we still only need one vaccine if we recently had Covid?

Well getting Covid also carries a risk of getting blood clots so....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sorry, I don't understand why it is so wrong to prefer a vaccine brand. Also, I wont be causing wastage of anybody's effort if they can be transparent about the vaccine type.

What age bracket are you? If you're over 50 it's AZ or J&J

If under 50 it's Pfizer or Moderna

That's it as per NIAC advise presently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

Which one do you prefer and why?

Advertisement