Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

eagle eye wrote: »
    Are you telling me you have no proof that he's wrong?
    No proof of actual numbers of the amount of young people who have statistically got long covid?
    How can you know he is wrong then?

Yes my proof is the complete lack of evidence to back up his claim. In this case the lack of evidence for his claim is the evidence his claim is wrong.

As I've been trying to explain however it's impossible for me to link you to something that doesnt exist.

So I think where we are at is I say there's no evidence and you say there is?

In that case since you seem to believe the data exists to prove him right and me wrong would you like to link it?

As I've said several times I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,375 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

VinLieger wrote: »
    Yes my proof is the complete lack of evidence to back up his claim. In this case the lack of evidence for his claim is the evidence his claim is wrong.

As I've been trying to explain however it's impossible for me to link you to something that doesnt exist.

So I think where we are at is I say there's no evidence and you say there is?

In that case since you seem to believe the data exists to prove him right and me wrong would you like to link it?

As I've said several times I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong if you do.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40293950.html%3ftype=amp

TheDoctor wrote: »

The conspiracy theory forum is thataway →

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Went there but found some article about 1 in 10 and long covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭shockframe

marno21 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1407328694734049281?s=21

And so it begins. The current situation, which is not remotely sustainable, needs urgent rethinking. Pissing money down the drain atm.

I'd say this is out there as the counter-argument to further lockdowns now.

The polls might suggest that people are in favour of restrictions but the protests and crowds gathering suggest otherwise.

We could reach a major tipping point if we enter a third/fourth stage of this.

• Advertisement

TheDoctor wrote:
    Went there but found some article about 1 in 10 and long covid.
    How about you do a bit of reading from decent media.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

On ivermectin??

On ivermectin??
    Did you not read the recent posts? We are discussing young people and long covid.

Don’t you worry pet, I’ve already stopped listening to fear mongering “experts” who pop up on our media with unsupported claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

It will be interesting to see how UK follows in coming weeks.

• Advertisement

shockframe wrote: »
    I'd say this is out there as the counter-argument to further lockdowns now.

The polls might suggest that people are in favour of restrictions but the protests and crowds gathering suggest otherwise.

We could reach a major tipping point if we enter a third/fourth stage of this.

There won’t be a third / fourth stage of this. If there is another wave, we will just a have to roll with it and absorb the hospitalisations. That penny is hopefully dropping

TheDoctor wrote:
    Don’t you worry pet, I’ve already stopped listening to fear mongering “experts†who pop up on our media with unsupported claims.
    Well PET, I put up a link there which has stuff from non-Irish experts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Interesting, however considering your previous pedantry please excuse my own, that age range is pretty wide and doesn't mention numbers for younger people. Also if you can find the actual study with the data I'd love to read it.

Well PET, I put up a link there which has stuff from non-Irish experts.

Cute

Did you not read the recent posts? We are discussing young people and long covid.

You are asking people to back up statements with science and facts, yet you announced covid was over months ago because your brother told you and you were every bit as persistent then with your opinions.

You are asking people to back up statements with science and facts, yet you announced covid was over months ago because your brother told you and you were every bit as persistent then with your opinions.

Again we are discussing young people and long covid. Get with it.

Again we are discussing young people and long covid. Get with it.

I am discussing the way you require proof of what everyone else says while only needing to back your own opinions up with "my brother told me" the way you look for extra restrictions while boasting about breaking the existing ones, you have high standards, for everyone except yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Can you provide a link to prove that.
    Would you have a link to prove this?
    Variants will always be a concern. It's not just people, a variant could attack domestic pets eventually and cattle, sheep etc.
    Or was that a case of:

Arghus wrote: »
    They need to chill the fck out here. We're in a wait and see pattern at the moment. Nobody can say right now what the next few weeks will bring

With respect, after 13 months of this horse**** I think "wait and see" is no longer good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ballynally

You dont need the media for that. Any doctor can tell you that. There are specific protocols in place to deal w long Covid, with various treatments depending on symptoms and stage (The FCCC being a particular good one).
    It is actually a disgrace that official health bodies are so focused on vaccines that they leave it up to doctors to treat their patients without back up.
    People claiming that long Covid is all in the head are misinformed and very close to the 'dont trust anybody' side of things. A bottomless pit where argueing becomes futile. So, don't and take pity on them..

• Advertisement

I am discussing the way you require proof of what everyone else says while only needing to back your own opinions up with "my brother told me" the way you look for extra restrictions while boasting about breaking the existing ones, you have high standards, for everyone except yourself.
    I provided links regarding that at the time. I can provide more links, recent ones which are very promising as regards it.
    We are not discussing that right now though.

Would you have a link to prove this?

The important word in there is could. If you don't understand English I can't help you.

The important word in there is could. If you don't understand English I can't help you.

So when you said we should be scared of the variants attacking our livestock you didn't actually have any evidence whatsoever that this could happen? None whatsoever? It was completely made up?

Ok then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

With respect, after 13 months of this horse**** I think "wait and see" is no longer good enough.

Be a rebel, buckety!

So when you said we should be scared of the variants attacking our livestock you didn't actually have any evidence whatsoever that this could happen? None whatsoever? It was completely made up?
    I said could not should.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I’ve seen a few posts on here the last day or two referring to being close to the “finish line”. What is the finish line most people are referring to, or is that a matter of dispute too? A certain % vaccinated for herd immunity? The end of the current adult roll vaccine rollout? When the kids are vaccinated? Or (god forbid) when we have second generation vaccines rolling out for everyone for the variants? Maybe the last year has taken its toll on me but I just can’t believe we’re opening up and won’t go backwards in restrictions again soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Looks like IASG had a coordinated media campaign today. Had scally on news talk this morning, Ryan again on NT at lunch and you had Claire ‘the Covid’ Byrne have favier and the most disingenuous gowl Aoife McLysaght on today!

https://twitter.com/paultreyvaud/status/1407406260379652099?s=21

Well I disagree and here's a link to prove it.
    https://www.math-only-math.com/order-of-numbers.html

Well played.

The underlying point is wrong though. There is no evidence long Covid impacts 1 in 10 young people and the commentator who has stated so has a long record of using misleading facts to back up the zero covid agenda. Doing it more harm than good among the at least partially informed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Looks like IASG had a coordinated media campaign today. Had scally on news talk this morning, Ryan again on NT at lunch and you had Claire ‘the Covid’ Byrne have favier and the most disingenuous gowl Aoife McLysaght on today!

https://twitter.com/paultreyvaud/status/1407406260379652099?s=21

That's an appalling interview. An 80% effective vaccine does not mean that 1 in 5 people are not protected. An unbelievable statement from a medical professional.

Advertisement