Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

The time is drawing close to take to the streets and demand our lives back. Sick to the teeth of NPHET and ISAG being given free reign by our media and Government.

You should form your own political party, recruit members, select candidates, win the election, form a government and then you can put your opinions into action.

But first learn the difference between reign and rein.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

The time is drawing close to take to the streets and demand our lives back. Sick to the teeth of NPHET and ISAG being given free reign by our media and Government.
    RTÉ and others need the broadcasting authority of Ireland to do their job. The airwaves, online papers and other platforms are full of mis-information this week re the actual threat posed by the Delta variant.
    It’s also conveniently ignoring the fact all vulnerable are now vaccinated bar some 60+ who are awaiting their 2nd Astra Zeneca.

The ‘data’ is spurious to date. U.K. were delaying their Pfizer and Moderna dose gaps to 12 weeks which was against company guidelines, Ireland never did this. Also their AstraZeneca is spaced to 12 weeks at least. Not to mention of the 40 or so fully vaccinated hospitalised in the U.K. with the Delta variant - what were their other co-morbidities. This is 40 people out of a population of nearly 60 million.

ISAG are full of lies - they tried to infiltrate teacher groups and prevent schools from reopening as late as March, and put masks on the faces of 5 year olds.
    They also tried to stop shops and hairdressers reopening & claimed the Irish public would not support our local businesses reopening. I am now demanding an investigation as to why this particular group are given airtime on our airwaves? Why are presenters like Claire Byrne and others who are openly not impartial not pulled up on their spreading of misinformation.

Why are people claiming Philip Nolan’s modelling is accurate? This all stinks of agenda driven propaganda and at this stage with hardly any covid patients in hospital, I’m beginning to wonder when the Irish people are going to stand up and stop NPHET, ISAG and our Government from destroying our businesses, society and future.
    NPHET were pathetic in their opposition to antigen testing. I just think this is too coordinated between themselves and ISAG re the media onslaught. Just like with Cathal Nolan of NPHET openly shared Julien Merceiles of ISAG anti travel article calling people who travel ‘barbarians’ (Geography teacher, no qualification to dictate covid public health policy).

When are people going to say enough?
    Why are the Government selling Bank of Ireland shares? They’re running out of cash fast and still keep hitting the self destruct button. We the voters have to stop to this farce.

Get it going sure, if not you then who?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

The airwaves, online papers and other platforms are full of mis-information this week re the actual threat posed by the Delta variant.
    This sounds like you have the correct info re the threat posted by the Delta variant - please do share?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

First Up wrote: »
    You should form your own political party, recruit members, select candidates, win the election, form a government and then you can put your opinions into action.

But first learn the difference between reign and rein.

The fact that you’re happy with the state of affairs leads me to believe you’re unaffected by current restrictions? Has your salary been affected? Are you happy for Ireland to keep mounting billions in debt to pay for a common cold among the unvaccinated young people?
    Tell me - who will pay to keep our overcrowded a&e’s functional - most people are reporting 9 hours average wait time to even see an ED doctor. Despite this overcrowding there’s no Covid in many of these hospitals.
    Know anyone diagnosed with late stage cancer recently? I do, all with young children. NPHET and the Government approach will kill thousands in the long term. We all know healthy people are unaffected by Covid - so let’s close the gyms, team sports and other healthy activities for at least 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Wolf359f wrote: »
    If you're going by Belgium vaccine delivery schedules and compare it to our confirmed ones (last updated in may) you will see pro rata, our AZ figures lined up, but Pfizer and moderna haven't. I assume that's where you are getting the 5.3mil doses received by the end of June? Taking Belgium's figures at taking ~45% of it?

I'm taking the 5.3 million from this Irish Times article. It looks about right based on published data in outer EU countries (Belgium, Sweden for example)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ministers-fear-rise-in-covid-19-cases-due-to-delta-variant-over-next-week-1.4600741%3fmode=amp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

The fact that you’re happy with the state of affairs leads me to believe you’re unaffected by current restrictions?

The fact that you interpreted my post as me being happy with the state of affairs leads me to suspect that you haven't a clue - a suspicion confirmed by the rest of your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I'm taking the 5.3 million from this Irish Times article. It looks about right based on published data in outer EU countries (Belgium, Sweden for example)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ministers-fear-rise-in-covid-19-cases-due-to-delta-variant-over-next-week-1.4600741%3fmode=amp

I'd be curious where they got the total due from. It's very similar to the chart FG posted back in February with estimated delivery schedule, obviously J&J fell far behind that schedule.
    As I said before, our delivery of Pfizer and Moderna have not matched Belgium's pro rata, and Sweden, I dunno, last forecast I saw from them, they still included CureVac (this was after the poor trial results)

First Up wrote: »
    The fact that you interpreted my post as me being happy with the state of affairs leads me to suspect that you haven't a clue - a suspicion confirmed by the rest of your post.

You’re condescending replies while dealing with none of the valid points in either post leads me to believe you don’t want to debate and want to attack a poster making valid points. I await your detailed responses to the points made in both posts with interest.

Don’t forget, I take the time to post here. Many others out there are done with Covid & don’t follow any of this nonsense for many weeks now. The Government & even some of the Opposition are toast if they keep pursuing this Covid being the only concern approach. It ceased being a concern when all vulnerable were vaccinated. Many people took the vaccine in the belief it would restore normality. We were subjected to some of the harshest lockdowns in the Western world for most of the last year. We were promised ‘brighter days ahead’, reopening when hospitalisations and ICU falls, all of which are now being rowed back on. Coupled with gaslighting and ISAG lies daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Relax brah

It’s really annoying that the vaccine figures haven’t been updated on the covid app since 11th of May

Anyone know of any other sources to get more upto date numbers?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

You’re condescending replies while dealing with none of the valid points in either post leads me to believe you don’t want to debate and want to attack a poster making valid points. I await your detailed responses to the points made in both posts with interest.

What points? You wrote a swathe paragraphs with very little basis in reality. If they were "valid" in your opinion, there's little point in challenging them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭prunudo

Relax brah wrote: »
    It’s really annoying that the vaccine figures haven’t been updated on the covid app since 11th of May

Anyone know of any other sources to get more upto date numbers?

Cheers

Its almost like they don't want us to know how well we're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Wolf359f wrote: »
    I'd be curious where they got the total due from. It's very similar to the chart FG posted back in February with estimated delivery schedule, obviously J&J fell far behind that schedule.
    As I said before, our delivery of Pfizer and Moderna have not matched Belgium's pro rata, and Sweden, I dunno, last forecast I saw from them, they still included CureVac (this was after the poor trial results)

I’m referring to Sweden’s current forecast, it doesn’t include Curevac. Our Pfizer deliveries were higher than Belgium (per capita). overall, there wasn’t much difference. That Irish times article was written yesterday, and the number looks reasonable. I’d be shocked if our deliveries are less than 5 million to end of June. There is literally no good reason for not publishing this data (they don’t need a big IT system to know what each vaccine company is delivering). The only reason I can think of for not publishing the data is that they don’t want people to know how far they behind we are.

prunudo wrote: »
    Its almost like they don't want us to know how well we're doing.

It’s almost like there was a major cyber attack in the hse servers requiring everything to be rebuilt from the bottom up, with systems just for compiling data not prioritised over vital systems

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

and want to attack a poster making valid points
    Your post comes across as more of a rant, tbf.

What points? You wrote a swathe paragraphs with very little basis in reality. If they were "valid" in your opinion, there's little point in challenging them.

I made a number of points but again you want to derail and attack. Let me make this really simple for posters such as yourself. Answer some of the following questions:
    - Are you happy to continue in a State of permanent restrictions despite the vulnerable being vaccinated and tiny numbers of Covid patients in hospital?
    - Do you accept that there will always be variants and they should not be used as a metric to close or keep viable businesses closed when there’s no concrete data to back up these hugely consequential measures?
    - After 6 months in current extremely harsh restrictions, and NPHET’s performance re antigen testing during the week. Do you have confidence in our CMO? Do you think Philip Nolan’s modelling has been accurate? Do you agree the Irish public are stupid similar to NPHET at their committee hearing?
    - Why are we watching our European counterparts in stadiums at the Euros,
    Meanwhile Ireland only lets in a few hundred?
    - When Ireland & HSE run out of money - who pays for this? Who pays for our Covid tests, vaccinations, cancer screening, eduction, etc. We’re currently living on borrowed money - at what point do you think we stop this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

There's more people in NPHET than there's people in hospital suffering from Covid19 in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Cork2021 wrote: »

Who has Fergud o'Dowd been talking to?

"However, Louth TD Fergus O’Dowd said it would be “cautious and prudent” to wait until more people are vaccinated before reopening further, and said people he had been talking to were happy to wait another two or three weeks if necessary."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,396 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Swaine wrote: »
    There's more people in NPHET than there's people in hospital suffering from Covid19 in Ireland.

Wow

A statistic that sums up the Irish health service, response to covid and overall diabolical work ethic that’s rife within those insulated jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Wow

A statistic that sums up the Irish health service, response to covid and overall diabolical work ethic that’s rife within those insulated jobs

Right, now imagine if it was true.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Wow

Says it all..

https://twitter.com/JRD0000/status/1407619767985479684

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

They are the experts!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,394 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Swaine wrote: »

It says absolutely nothing, that one didn't know her arse from her elbow.

Medical dictatorship.. jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Right, now imagine if it was true.......

It'll be true by tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Cork2021 wrote: »

Sure that's the plan, the government are saying they are reconsidering so enough people will complain about not opening that they will have to, it's a win /win for them, if things get a bit worse they can point the blame elsewhere, if it works out well they get the credit. Indoor will be going ahead as planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Who has Fergud o'Dowd been talking to?

"However, Louth TD Fergus O’Dowd said it would be “cautious and prudent” to wait until more people are vaccinated before reopening further, and said people he had been talking to were happy to wait another two or three weeks if necessary."

Pensioner's?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭Cork2021

I’m referring to Sweden’s current forecast, it doesn’t include Curevac. Our Pfizer deliveries were higher than Belgium (per capita). overall, there wasn’t much difference. That Irish times article was written yesterday, and the number looks reasonable. I’d be shocked if our deliveries are less than 5 million to end of June. There is literally no good reason for not publishing this data (they don’t need a big IT system to know what each vaccine company is delivering). The only reason I can think of for not publishing the data is that they don’t want people to know how far they behind we are.

I don’t think we are far behind, my GP here in Kanturk is running a clinic next week using Pfizer. I’d assume my wife and I wouldn’t be getting it tomorrow week unless he was going through age groups after completing his cohort 4/7 patients?? We’re both 32

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Sure that's the plan, the government are saying they are reconsidering so enough people will complain about not opening that they will have to, it's a win /win for them, if things get a bit worse they can point the blame elsewhere, if it works out well they get the credit. Indoor will be going ahead as planned.

I’m leaning towards it going ahead, you just can’t plan for it as publicans and restaurateurs will only have a few days to get ready… surely the start of next week not the end of next week would be the right time to announce whether or which they open or suspend for a few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

She's brutal.

Difficult to comprehend the mentality of those that will actually vote for a person like this.
    We definitely get what we deserve in this country. :o

Advertisement