Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Sorry couldn’t link

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

PopTarts wrote: »
    Just walked past Capel St and it is mobbed!

Hope Tony isn’t about.

Very strange (but great) seeing the street packed and no space to move.

I'm hearing unconfirmed reports that Tony is concerned, or possibly very concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I still can’t get over the fact that Sam McConkey said we can open indoor hospitality and yet our leaders want to take a more cautious approach than him.

I know and he has peddled some level of ****e throughout this.
    His words were, there is no possible scenario where the next wave could be anything remotely like the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I'm hearing unconfirmed reports that Tony is concerned, or possibly very concerned

I hear that the virus is delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Those reports were not true.

He was absolutely shocked. Again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,371 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Fair clear what you said to me.

Yes but it ws taken from the post I quoted.

PopTarts wrote:
    Very strange (but great) seeing the street packed and no space to move.

You are delighted to see people packed together?
    Even before covid I'd hate to be in a place like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

eagle eye wrote: »
    You are delighted to see people packed together?
    Even before covid I'd hate to be in a place like that.

Agoraphobia?

So, 19th and 26th July the new dates being bandied about by the Business Post and Sindo today. Probably be some on here denying that it’ll be pushed back, still.

Doesn’t look good for summer. In 2 weeks, it will inevitably be “cases have risen, delay again”. And NPHET unlikely to agree to a specific date. Happy summer, people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

So, 19th and 26th July the new dates being bandied about by the Business Post and Sindo today. Probably be some on here denying that it’ll be pushed back, still.

Doesn’t look good for summer. In 2 weeks, it will inevitably be “cases have risen, delay again”. And NPHET unlikely to agree to a specific date. Happy summer, people.

So that would possibly be indoor hospitality and international travel back on the same day. Can't see Tony agreeing to date.

Expect travel to be pushed out to August.

• Advertisement

Klonker wrote: »
    So that would possibly be indoor hospitality and international travel back on the same day. Can't see Tony agreeing to date.

August I’d say is optimistic at this stage. Isn’t there a bank holiday in august? And don’t schools go back? Starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but we’ve heard all this before. Resigned to no indoor dining before September tbh.

Cases will rise and we’ll be spooked again and that’ll be indoors off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Klonker wrote: »

Thank god Tony advises and Micheál (cabinet) decides.
    Amazing to see so many people fall for politicians passing the blame so easily.
    All the hate passed onto the CMO and not on the the actual decision makers.

Agoraphobia?
    No, experience of situations with crowds drinking where people spill drinks and are generally messy. I prefer not to be around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

I knew he was concerned but I did not know he was very concerned. That is concerning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

August I’d say is optimistic at this stage. Isn’t there a bank holiday in august? And don’t schools go back? Starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but we’ve heard all this before. Resigned to no indoor dining before September tbh.

Cases will rise and we’ll be spooked again and that’ll be indoors off the list.

Then it's winter and we all know happens then

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Is it not weird, the fortunes of a large cohorts livelihoods, finances and mental health are down to the mood of an unelected medical civil servant who appears to be unilaterally able to decide country's path

Enough is enough. Where is our government or even worse, where is the opposition.

Irish politics has failed terribly in recent months.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Australia has recorded 35 cases in 3 states.

Zero COVID doesn’t work

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

an unelected medical civil servant
    Who would you have voted for?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

With a high rate of vaccinated including the vunerable the case numbers should not stop opening so who are the covid patients in hospital and 13 in ICU? are they unvaccinated, age range and did they come from the quarrantine system ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Is it not weird, the fortunes of a large cohorts livelihoods, finances and mental health are down to the mood of an unelected medical civil servant who appears to be unilaterally able to decide country's path

Enough is enough. Where is our government or even worse, where is the opposition.

Irish politics has failed terribly in recent months.

I often wonder how our spineless politicians can so easily get away passing the buck.

Business as usual on this thread, ruse followed. Ya

• Advertisement

The demand for normality is so high now that I can barely get a spot at my local swimming pool. Some pubs and restaurants are booked out for weeks.

Nobody wants this nonsense to continue anymore. Even previous lockdown supporters I know are now starting to see sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Gael23 wrote: »
    Australia has recorded 35 cases in 3 states.

Zero COVID doesn’t work

Delaying inevitable now with zero community immunity and high vaccine hesitancy , tricky one for Aus and NZ now but it us winter and an outbreak was likely at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Ah sure NPHET don’t give a flying fûck about the hospitality and tourism industry. And sure the plebs will be grand on PUP.

It’s in my mind without doubt that indoor hospitality will not happen until school and college can reopen safely now.
    The absolute bed wetters!
    There’s no sign of the uk closing indoor hospitality and yet delta is dominant! Follow the science they say but yet it’s a bald unelected egotistical prick that’s going to shut many businesses for god and leave thousands on the dole!
    But we’ll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Who would you have voted for instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,452 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Ah sure NPHET don’t give a flying fûck about the hospitality and tourism industry. And sure the plebs will be grand on PUP.

It’s in my mind without doubt that indoor hospitality will not happen until school and college can reopen safely now.
    The absolute bed wetters!
    There’s no sign of the uk closing indoor hospitality and yet delta is dominant! Follow the science they say but yet it’s a bald unelected egotistical prick that’s going to shut many businesses for god and leave thousands on the dole!
    But we’ll be grand

I keep hearing about shut businesses they been closed on 18months and getting plenty of supports so how is 2 more weeks going to break them.

Ah stop, you said it right there they’ve been shut for 18 months,
    It won’t be two weeks and if it is then FairPlay but I can’t see it happening
    It’ll all be about an abundance of caution until we get 1 year old jabbed!!

irishgeo wrote: »
    I keep hearing about shut businesses they been closed on 18months and getting plenty of supports so how is 2 more weeks going to break them.

Errrr… you do realise that every week more and more businesses are announcing they won’t be reopening.

Restaurants and pubs closing down might not make the news but It’s happening.

Don’t even get me started on the 2 weeks. Heard that gem a lot the last 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

eagle eye wrote: »
    Wear a jacket.

This whole thing has made people so weird . Can you not understand sitting outside in the cold with a jacket eating a meal isn't normal , enjoyable or sustainable .

But sure you're grand

Ye should be listening to Ireland AM just now Irish independent journalist on now saying September is what’s in the pipeline for indoor hospitality.
    Theyve already started kite flying even beofre this delay is announced!!
    You can’t make it up!

• Advertisement

It seems as if the media don’t want to do any research on delta but peddle what that prick Lee said on the 6.1 one.
    Your man here keeps mentioning it’ll be like Xmas if we open up!

Advertisement