Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

He needs to be taken off air

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭aziz

Cork2021 wrote: »
    What? George Lee said that?

Never!!!!

What a tool

Well I hope he is barred from every pub in the country for that

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

They have completely lost the people today .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

What is George Lee's obsession with pubs....it's bizarre, he was blaming them back in March as well...when they were shut!! the man is an imbecile!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Oh i agree . I dont think any Government should tolerate being blindsided by a committee who is there to advise only
    I'm not saying they shouldn't "tolerate" nphet's suggestions - I'm saying it's complete bs to pretend the notion hadn't occurred or been mentioned to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gral6

Paul Murphy was calling for curcuit breaker hard lockdown today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

gral6 wrote: »

Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Soul destroying seeing the crowds at Wembly while we should be grateful we can eat out huddled in the rain for the forseeable future

It really says it all doesn't it....that is swivel eyed lunacy from a known National Politician...no wonder we are f**ked!

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

MM being questioned on RTE is interesting. Called out on why hospitality workers can spend the day in the pub working, unvaccinated, but can't be a patron of their own workplace. No answer, started saying they're entitled to work and always have been.

• Advertisement

Soul destroying seeing the crowds at Wembly while we should be grateful we can eat out huddled in the rain for the forseeable future

In this country, if you can find a pub that has a tv outdoors, you have to watch this match with the volume turned off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Yes it is but unfortunately too many people have swallowed the snake oil from Tony houlihan,nphet and the rte/Pravda .look at the joy in peoples faces.I know it England but fair ****s to them enjoying themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Absolutely, plus they’ll have bigger crowds again for the semis and final

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Just heard daughters job is gone because of the delay in opening, 18 staff in total. She's very upset and had been really looking forward to getting back and earning money. Best years of her life been destroyed because of these pricks in power.

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Absolutely, plus they’ll have bigger crowds again for the semis and final

In a little over 2 weeks they'll have had packed Wembley and packed Wimbledon and all restrictions dropped.

WE may have a plan for when we might let people eat in a pub indoors.

Talk of risk to younger people should be met with everyone around just booing loudly. 544 people under 50 have died in the UK within 28 days of a positive test. I would love to know how many people under 50 die in the UK in a typical year and the positivity rate to see if that's more or less than would be expected at random because it's pretty damn low.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

This made me laugh out loud. Would he ever **** off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

In a little over 2 weeks they'll have had packed Wembley and packed Wimbledon and all restrictions dropped.

WE may have a plan for when we might let people eat in a pub indoors.

Not to mention a 140,000 at the grand priz

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Leinster90

I dont doubt this, but could you post a link so I can wave it in his supporters’ faces in the future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭NoLuckLarry

Leinster90 wrote: »
    I dont doubt this, but could you post a link so I can wave it in his supporters’ faces in the future?

Can his supporters actually knock on doors or use doorbells?? I would have thought that behaviour was a few evolutions above them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Madness

This is mass hysteria at this point. People are going completely off the rails.

https://twitter.com/McConnellDaniel/status/1409877490781364224

Interesting tweet

I wonder why the government didn't think about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭NoLuckLarry

Interesting tweet

Because we have someone leading the country who has the back strength of a wet **** in kitchen towel

I had to laugh at Alan Kelly on the radio, he finally sees that young people are being ridden here.

If only you didn’t go off at the zero Covid ISAG zealots deep end, Alan. Maybe you could have helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭Cork2021

• Registered Users Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Interesting tweet

They didn't want to run the risk of letting get to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭dodzy

Every pub should open on the 5th. The lot of them. Tafuk with the latest directive.

saabsaab wrote: »
    They didn't want to run the risk of letting get to that point.

It's the year 2055

NPHET and Government still keeping indoor hospitality closed just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭cheezums

I too would like to see in depth where the HSE have gotten these models from. glad to hear the government are getting a third party to verify.

the bottom line is that covid is heavily age specific in terms of the chances of fatality. At our level of vaccination, the effective IFR in this country is almost negligible. that is not conspiracy or wild theorizing, that is a fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I had to laugh at Alan Kelly on the radio, he finally sees that young people are being ridden here.

If only you didn’t go off at the zero Covid ISAG zealots deep end, Alan. Maybe you could have helped.

Absolutely

We needed this reaction long long before now, when Ireland began its path of becoming Europe’s outlier

It’s great to see the reactions today, but it’s too late now. This summer will be pass by and drive further nails into the coffin of the hospitality and aviation industries among others

I’ve said it before, there is no way out using the current metrics(imaginary numbers nPHEt make up).

Advertisement