Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

Normal One wrote: »
    Verona telling it as it is.

Miriam calling her a conspiracy theorist.

Sake

yes 100% the old discredit them and attack their views.
    Verona was well able for her and correct in calling peer review as
    the only way. It's very easy to predict high deaths of any respiratory virus
    going into winter when all deaths are deaths with Covid!!!

I like Verona when she called out the insurance cartels' who ran her business into the ground, she's a tough cookie and has no fear, she wont be silenced by the old "as an elected representative do you dare question the great and powerful OZ"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I don't think vaccine rollout is going to be enough to end this....does any one see Nphet being disbanded when the last vaccine is injected?

I think a mass movement of Irish people is the only thing that is going to end this lunacy.

The vaccines are the best hope now. Need to be rolled out to have effect. The masses are not of your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

rusty cole wrote: »
    yes 100% the old discredit them and attack their views.
    Verona was well able for her and correct in calling peer review as
    the only way. It's very easy to predict high deaths of any respiratory virus
    going into winter when all deaths are deaths with Covid!!!

I like Verona when she called out the insurance cartels' who ran her business into the ground, she's a tough cookie and has no fear, she wont be silenced by the old "as an elected representative do you dare question the great and powerful OZ"

It is not even slick any more...

I watched 2 mins of that interview.

O'Callaghan asks a question, Verona answers and makes her point clear, then without a second to breath, O'Callaghan fires a different question "are you against vaccine passports?"

This is how RTE hatchet jobs work...it's tired and transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

Swaine wrote: »
    I'm well aware of the various differences hence why I said "freedom day".

You missed my point completely. :rolleyes:

Read your last sentence. You missed your own point

saabsaab wrote: »
    The vaccines are the best hope now. Need to be rolled out to have effect. The masses are not of your opinion.

proof the jabs are less effective the older you get and also that the virus is transmissible with our without them..

https://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/andrew-marr-had-nasty-bit-of-covid-despite-double-vaccination-1148067.html

• Advertisement

And we won't know how well the vaccines work until? Before or after our annual winter surge?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭purplefields

I don't think vaccine rollout is going to be enough to end this....does any one see Nphet being disbanded when the last vaccine is injected?

I think a mass movement of Irish people is the only thing that is going to end this lunacy.

It will take years to vaccinate the whole world. Unfortunately, the whole world needs to be vaccinated very quickly for it to work.

Otherwise we are going to spend the next few years fighting variants.

It is a dangerous place when a larger proportion of people are vaccinated and then the virus mutates.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The vaccines are the best hope now. Need to be rolled out to have effect.

I can't wait until the vaccines get approved and we start using them in Ireland. Hopefully when we get a few million vaccines into the arms of vulnerable people the NPHET government will start to think about letting us live our lives again.

proof the jabs are less effective the older you get and also that the virus is transmissible with our without them..

https://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/andrew-marr-had-nasty-bit-of-covid-despite-double-vaccination-1148067.html

You'd wonder how many would have died if we had vaccines from the start....

Given our lack of much excess death in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

By the time the last vaccine is given winter will be looming and it’ll all be about the boosters. There is no end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Could have more to do with him having recovered from cancer. Immunocompromised people have been show to produce a substantial reduced antibody response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Separating vaccinated and non-vaccinated in hospitality, where does it leave other businesses with vaccinated and non-vaccinated staff? Surely they can't do this with just hospitality?

Separating vaccinated and non-vaccinated in hospitality, where does it leave other businesses with vaccinated and non-vaccinated staff? Surely they can't do this with just hospitality?

It is yet another glimpse into the warped mindset of our highly paid Health Bureaucrats.

They live in a world where your talent is to avoid responsibility at all costs...it produces the likes of Tony Houlihan.

The care not for how these farcical laws are implemented for that is not their worry.....let them eat cake (outdoors)!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I can't wait until the vaccines get approved and we start using them in Ireland. Hopefully when we get a few million vaccines into the arms of vulnerable people the NPHET government will start to think about letting us live our lives again.

Once the vaccine is approved in Ireland and we vaccinate the most vulnerable and healthcare workers we can reopen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

I read your post as ‘in hospital’.
    Now that would probably be a good idea, I wonder will they use different corridors for the vaccinated on trolleys this winter.

Guess it could be down to face masks. Obviously you can't eat or drink with a mask on, but you can shop with one etc...
    Just thinking apart from hospitality, dentist, barbers trimming beards, what other occupation or service can't be done with a mask?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

They can't do any of it. It was just another example of how inept M Martin is, throwing in a stupid last minute idea out of nowhere that hadn't actually been thought out or discussed. Pure Trump style waffle from the so called leader of the Irish government.

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Could have more to do with him having recovered from cancer. Immunocompromised people have been show to produce a substantial reduced antibody response.

I tip my hat to your expertise but I'll say this to you..that's a real world outcome, one of thousands a day I'd say, some get clots, some die, some have ADR's due to medications etc or underlying conditions and thus and such!!

hence the vaccines are hyped but that's ok because they have conditional approval and most countries have given the manufacturers full indemnity..

I guess that's what slick suits say to sell slick suits..hey, they're not 30% worthless, they're 70%% effective!!

Multipass wrote: »
    I read your post as ‘in hospital’.
    Now that would probably be a good idea, I wonder will they use different corridors for the vaccinated on trolleys this winter.

Or indeed, will treatment be decided between the Vaxxed and Unvaxxed?

Nothing would surprise me anymore

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Guess it could be down to face masks. Obviously you can't eat or drink with a mask on, but you can shop with one etc...
    Just thinking apart from hospitality, dentist, barbers trimming beards, what other occupation or service can't be done with a mask?

TV presenter seems to be one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭saabsaab

One case and he wasn't in hospital. Of course it isn't 100% but a double jab should stop it in the population if enough are vaccinated. Your chances of transmission and catching it are far less if you are fully vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Bsharp wrote: »
    I'd like to see the growth/spread associated with NPHET's 700,000 cases mapped across Ireland, whilst taking full vaccinations and people who previously had covid into account, over the same period. It's hard to imagine how the hosts would interconnect to spread it given the above, our population density and normal daily movements. Based on the above, I don't believe it's any way near plausible.

350,000 per month is about as plausible as aliens landing tomorrow and a team of them winning the Euros.

It’s completely out of touch with reality, everyone involved with NPHET and those numbers should be immediately sacked, but they won’t, and current restrictions will continue until after the august-bank holiday or worse.

One case and he wasn't in hospital. Of course it isn't 100% but a double jab should stop it in the population if enough are vaccinated. Your chances of transmission and catching it are far less if you are fully vaccinated.

Reading through the HSE vaccine booklet and they don't know about transmission.

So is there a march on the Dail on Saturday or wha?

I tip my hat to your expertise but I'll say this to you..that's a real world outcome, one of thousands a day I'd say, some get clots, some die, some have ADR's due to medications etc or underlying conditions and thus and such!!

hence the vaccines are hyped but that's ok because they have conditional approval and most countries have given the manufacturers full indemnity..

I guess that's what slick suits say to sell slick suits..hey, they're not 30% worthless, they're 70%% effective!!
    You can easily find 20 year old people, double vaccinated but recovered from cancer or HIV positive, as such their immune response to vaccines would be extremely low. The chances of them contracting covid, being hospitalised and dying would be higher, despite being vaccinated. It would be incorrect to use that as proof vaccine efficency is lower in younger people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,001 ✭✭✭✭titan18

350,000 per month is about as plausible as aliens landing tomorrow and a team of them winning the Euros.

It’s completely out of touch with reality, everyone involved with NPHET and those numbers should be immediately sacked, but they won’t, and current restrictions will continue until after the august-bank holiday or worse.

At least we have a blueprint on how to beat Aliens good at sport. There was a documentary over 20 years ago on it Just need to get Ronaldo and some friends to do it for football.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Multipass wrote: »
    By the time the last vaccine is given winter will be looming and it’ll all be about the boosters. There is no end.

A no exit roundabout of fcukin endless covid related sh1te.
    Fcukin fed up to fcuk with the whole lot

• Registered Users Posts: 12,001 ✭✭✭✭titan18

That looks legit (unless someone created this as a spoof months ago) but no idea is it the current model they're using or just an old one as hasn't been updated on months.

• Advertisement

Barry Cowen wheeled out by the government on virgin media tonight. His heart was not in defending them or NPHET at all. Was probably one question away from losing it completely and turning.

And Roisin shortall giving out opposition weren’t given briefings. Again, another one who got sucked in by the ISAG zealots. Opposition have finally started to notice what’s going on 12 months later.

Paul Moynagh was very well balanced and realistic at least.

Advertisement