Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gral6

beaz2018 wrote: »
    are hotels actually letting walks ins in? hilarious

Hotels need to survive too, these are not charity shops and their incomes are not guaranteed like incomes for imbeciles in government.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭hynesie08

beaz2018 wrote: »
    are hotels actually letting walks ins in? hilarious

What's the difference between a walk in and a booking?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

hynesie08 wrote: »
    What's the difference between a walk in and a booking?

Contact tracing for a start I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Take down name and number plus log the time. There's your contact tracing sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

It's covid theatre and nothing else. Nothing will be gained from it.

Agreed.

“We had 8,000 in Croke park today, it went great, let’s extrapolate that and have 80,000 next”

“Eh no”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭beaz2018

gral6 wrote: »
    Hotels need to survive too, these are not charity shops and their incomes are not guaranteed like incomes for imbeciles in government.

I agree 100%. Im glad to hear its happening tbh, I thought they have been ass raped so much at this stage that they wudnt dare break a rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Take down name and number plus log the time. There's your contact tracing sorted!

I was only answering a question asked !! I dont make the silly rules !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Cork2021

This has to be a joke! Where’s the parade ring? Looks like a cattle mart!! https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1411374790481428487?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭aziz

Cork2021 wrote: »
    This has to be a joke! Where’s the parade ring? Looks like a cattle mart!! https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1411374790481428487?s=21

Where do they keep the free range punters

aziz wrote: »
    Where do they keep the free range punters

No fear I’d say a good few of those at the festival like organic and free range goods!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭hynesie08

iamwhoiam wrote: »

But the details they give are the same, whether over booking.com a month before or rocking up on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 WertdeerSC

"On December 14, 2020 Singapore’s Ministry of Health communicated a summary of the steps it took to contain a raging Covid-19 breakout in its migrant worker living facilities. The report itself claimed that the city-state had over 320,000 migrant workers living in cramped dormitories and around 47% (or a little over 152,000) contracted Covid-19. There were only two deaths and 25 admissions to ICU. That gives us an infection fatality rate of .0013% and a hospitalisation rate of .016%.

The short answer to what this means is that it confirms earlier data that people under 65 are largely safe from Covid.
    In this case it seems like the death rate was especially low, which seems to align with a recent study published by Dr. John Ioannidis with the WHO. According to the study,
    “In people < 70 years, infection fatality rates ranged from 0.00% to 0.31% with crude and corrected medians of 0.05%.” (99.95% chance it won't kill you)

Article source, https://www.aier.org/article/singapores-covid-experience-and-overestimated-death-rates/

• Registered Users Posts: 31,068 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

AIER, LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Tell that to those under 65 who have died or were seriously ill.

This old chestnut has been done to death.

Now, you discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

A few under 50s I work with have long covid and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

There’s a wide range of outcomes between 100% recovered and death.

I know it's only a small sample size, but I know of one person who died and another who had a blood clot on the brain and stroke within 2 and 6 days resepctively of their second vaccine. I don't know of anyone who had any serious or even moderate complications from a C-19 infection. I know one who had a cold for a week, and two others with zero symptoms. All I can speak about here is personal experience. I am not a C-19 denier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭karlitob

WertdeerSC wrote: »
    The short answer to what this means is that it confirms earlier data that people under 65 are largely safe from Covid.

Notwithstanding whatever you mean be ‘largely safe’. The death rate across all ages been known from very early on. It’s not a secret that you found on the internet. It’s on the HPSC website every day/week.

What’s your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭karlitob

I know it's only a small sample size, but I know of one person who died and another who had a blood clot on the brain and stroke within 2 and 6 days resepctively of their second vaccine. I don't know of anyone who had any serious or even moderate complications from a C-19 infection. I know one who had a cold for a week, and two others with zero symptoms. All I can speak about here is personal experience. I am not a C-19 denier.

About 30,000 die every year.
    About 10,000 people have a stroke every year.

What’s your point?

karlitob wrote: »
    About 30,000 die every year.
    About 10,000 people have a stroke every year.

What’s your point?

That more people that I know of, have negatively impacted by the vaccine/s than the virus. Yet societally, it's somehow wrong of me to have concerns about the vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Complete opposite here. Know a few that got covid, some recovered and some with long covid and I know loads that got the vaccine and no issue with them.

• Advertisement

Yet societally, it's somehow wrong of me to have concerns about the vaccines.

Ah, there we go. That didn't hurt a bit, did it?

It’s scary to think we’ll be sat outside whilst they can sit at a bar and not have think about putting a mask on to go for a piss!
    Masks to be made voluntary, personal responsibility and no more social distancing in just over 2 weeks for England!

https://news.sky.com/story/sundays-national-newspaper-front-pages-12348265

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Don't worry this thread will be shut down soon as we can't be discussing the reality that median age of death is 83 and that 99.97% of those under 45 will survive getting covid. There's not enough fear and doom and gloom in that sentence so the discussion will be shut down shortly or merged with another thread so it will disappear forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭celt262

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Agreed.

“We had 8,000 in Croke park today, it went great, let’s extrapolate that and have 80,000 next”

“Eh no”

Source that it went great?

Only kidding!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭celt262

Some test that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

It’s scary to think we’ll be sat outside whilst they can sit at a bar and not have think about putting a mask on to go for a piss!
    Masks to be made voluntary, personal responsibility and no more social distancing in just over 2 weeks for England!

https://news.sky.com/story/sundays-national-newspaper-front-pages-12348265

They don't have a clue what they're doing. Look at Israel, they had to bring back mask wearing after about a week. So I wouldn't be too concerned with what our neighbours are doing.

To answer the supposed original post, the reason the CFR was so low amongst Singapore migrant workers living in dormitories is because they were almost all under 50 (the age limit for a new work permit) and healthy enough to work. Hence "workers".

But this isn't really a thread about Singapore migrant workers or even libertarian clowns at the AIER.

It's another thinly disguised pre-text for antivax.

Yawn.

They don't have a clue what they're doing. Look at Israel, they had to bring back mask wearing after about a week. So I wouldn't be too concerned with what our neighbours are doing.

They have a clue and it’s called living with covid a la like we do with influenza. If we keep going the way we are going we’ll never return to normal and will forever be the outliers of Europe

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Advertisement

karlitob wrote: »
    Notwithstanding whatever you mean be ‘largely safe’. The death rate across all ages been known from very early on. It’s not a secret that you found on the internet. It’s on the HPSC website every day/week.

What’s your point?

What I wrote was taken from the source that I quoted. Not my words.

My point, if the death rates are so low, why does it feel to me like I am being railroaded into taking a vaccine. If not by the Government and media, but by individuals.

I'm in no great hurry to take something to prevent a virus that has a 0.05% chance of killing me. A vaccine that I have no real understanding of what it is doing to my body, god knows it's effects on me which may not be seen for 5,10,20 years.Yes, I might get long Covid, but I will weigh up the pros and cons and decide myself.

I'm surprised there isn't more scepticism, or are people just that desperate to go to the pub, etcetera? It's not like these big pharma's haven't got previous form. Anyone can Google and see the billions they've had to pay out in the States.

No I am not anti vax, I have had everything else over the years including not so common jabs for when I went travelling around the whole like rabies and dengue fever.

Advertisement