Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭zackory

hmmm wrote: »
    Saw something similar myself today, but an "outdoor" portakabin thing beside a pub that was clearly an indoor location - packed with people.

Great to hear. The workarounds are being rolled out at great pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭brickster69

is_that_so wrote: »
    We have but this is to wait for data from the UK. The government are starting to diverge a little bit from NPHET. In the meantime keep an eye on UK numbers.

Ireland has the data now from the UK to see how it has gone, does not mean it will follow though.

15 minutes rough calculation gives Ireland 5 weeks behind the UK based on 70% Delta

UK Figures

May 25th

972,000 Tests
    2,493 Positive cases ( 1 case in 390 tests )
    131 Hospital admissions
    18 ICU admissions
    Deaths 6

Vaccinations

1st dose 57.3%
    2nd dose 35.8%

1st July

1,030,000 Tests
    Cases 22,5000 Cases ( 1 in 46 tests )
    232 Hospital admissions
    40 ICU admissions
    Deaths 16

Vaccinations

1st dose 67.4%
    2nd dose 50.0%

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭bloopy

zackory wrote: »
    Are all the 196 in hospital being treated from having covid, or what % of those 196 are in hospital for something else and just happen to have a positive covid test at the time?

Nobody knows.
    And asking that question over the last year gets you branded a conspiracy theorist. Maybe with some 5G comment thrown in for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

bloopy wrote: »
    Nobody knows.
    And asking that question over the last year gets you branded a conspiracy theorist. Maybe with some 5G comment thrown in for good measure.

And being a fan of Gemma

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I was in a place the other day and they asked for tracing name and number and I was like "weird", so 2020.

No other place I have been in yet has wasted their time with that particular rubbish.
    What kind of place was it? I'd like to know more before seeing it dismissed as "rubbish".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Theanswers

I’ve no doubt this has been answered but things changing so quickly so I am unsure and all the looking up I do is so grey, we’ve had a sudden family bereavement in london, my dads brother and my dad passed away some years ago. The death was non Covid related and I am the only nephew in Ireland so feel I should travel for a few days to pay condolences. I have had my first dose of vaccine. Could anyone please advise what I need to do to enter and exit london, it is only going to be for 3 or 4 days when they have verified the funeral. Many thanks.

Travel via Northern Ireland. No restrictions and no costly PCR. It's what the majority are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,370 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

hmmm wrote:
    No enforcement as ever in this country, so those businesses who follow the rules lose out - they can't open because the government are worried about the hundreds of cases we have currently, and meanwhile the cowboys carry on regardless.
    And those idiots are the reason we have restrictions in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭giveitholly

eagle eye wrote: »

And how many times since this pandemic began has this line been trotted out?

And how many times since this pandemic began has this line been trotted out?
    The truth will be told a lot.
    If everybody was sensible, cop on and following advice, we'd be all fine and covid would never have been a big issue here.
    It's the idiots who don't listen or take chances that are responsible for the spread.

And what about the sheebeens, house parties, traveller funerals, schools being open, meat factories, dame Lane, South William Street, direct provision centres, people flying in and out etc., etc., etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭gral6

Idiots are in government now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I was in a place the other day and they asked for tracing name and number and I was like "weird", so 2020.

No other place I have been in yet has wasted their time with that particular rubbish.
    That's your view, but if they are that casual about Covid I'd be willing to bet that casualness probably extends into other areas of their business, including hygiene and food preparation.

There's a reason good businesses take their responsibilities seriously.

If everybody was sensible, cop on and following advice, we'd be all fine and covid would never have been a big issue here.
    It's the idiots who don't listen or take chances that are responsible for the spread.

And if NHPET and Tony Holohan weren't on a power trip and trying to keep us in lockdown forever then maybe people wouldn't be as fed up and exhausted from all the restrictions

Maybe the sensible ones are getting on with their lives for the last 17 months as best they can, and the idiots are the ones lapping up everything Tony Holohan says.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,476 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

That sure is a nice thing to say about all those older people who died in the nursing homes, I guess if they had just listened there wouldn't have been a big issue.

Of course, they would have been listening to Tony telling people it was fine to visit and not to wear PPE, but still, we need to listen to the experts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

That sure is a nice thing to say about all those older people who died in the nursing homes, I guess if they had just listened there wouldn't have been a big issue.

Of course, they would have been listening to Tony telling people it was fine to visit and not to wear PPE, but still, we need to listen to the experts.

That's been debunked. Covid entered nursing homes weeks after they restricted visitors. It was not visitors that brought Covid into the nursing homes, it was the staff. I'm placing no blame on the staff at all.

And sent people from hospitals back into the nursing homes without testing them for Covid but sure NHPET knows best,sure what would us mere plebs know?

zackory wrote:
    And what about the sheebeens, house parties, traveller funerals, schools being open, meat factories, dame Lane, South William Street, direct provision centres, people flying in and out etc., etc., etc.
    Plenty of idiots and Cowboys to go around in those groups.
    gral6 wrote:
    Idiots are in government now.
    And in the opposition lest you forget that Mary Lou is every bit as bug an idiot as Martin, Varadkar and our last two health ministers.
    hmmm wrote:
    That's your view, but if they are that casual about Covid I'd be willing to bet that casualness probably extends into other areas of their business, including hygiene and food preparation.
    Scary when you think about it.
    hmmm wrote:
    There's a reason good businesses take their responsibilities seriously.
    For sure and it's terrible how much they've suffered over the last 16 or so months.
    And if NHPET and Tony Holohan weren't on a power trip and trying to keep us in lockdown forever then maybe people wouldn't be as fed up and exhausted from all the restrictions
    NPHET don't have any power, they are an advisory body.
    zackory wrote:
    Maybe the sensible ones are getting on with their lives for the last 17 months as best they can, and the idiots are the ones lapping up everything Tony Holohan says.
    No the idiots are the ones that don't listen, that take chances and are responsible for the spread of the virus and ultimately deaths over the last 16 or so months.
    It's possible to get on with your life while following good advice and having a bit of cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,476 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Wolf359f wrote: »
    That's been debunked. Covid entered nursing homes weeks after they restricted visitors. It was not visitors that brought Covid into the nursing homes, it was the staff. I'm placing no blame on the staff at all.

Perhaps. Either way, it seems unfair to blame the elderly for dying just because they apparently didn't listen hard enough to NPHET.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,621 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Lads if everyone kept to the restrictions and didn't dine indoors we wouldn't have restrictions and would be able to dine indoors.

Wait, what?

• Advertisement

Perhaps. Either way, it seems unfair to blame the elderly for dying just because they apparently didn't listen hard enough to NPHET.
    Whose blaming the elderly?
    Most of them listen to the news and follow advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I'm not blaming the elderly, you are saying Tony was telling people to visit nursing homes and alluding to the fact Tony caused the nursing home deaths.
    I'm just pointing out the timelines don't line up and visitors couldn't have infected any nursing home residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

No the idiots are the ones that don't listen, that take chances and are responsible for the spread of the virus and ultimately deaths over the last 16 or so months.
    It's possible to get on with your life while following good advice and having a bit of cop on.

There's nobody that should be blamed, the virus is what it is and just spreads like it does when we're open as we are. Are the cases even linked back to these "idiots" you're on about? Easy to pick someone to blame, but we shouldn't go down that road.

Murderers the lot of them. Should be hung for treason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭bloopy

GooglePlus wrote: »
    There's nobody that should be blamed, the virus is what it is and just spreads like it does when we're open as we are. Are the cases even linked back to these "idiots" you're on about? Easy to pick someone to blame, but we shouldn't go down that road.

Catching Covid was turned into a sin months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Humans gonna human. It's a waste of time and effort to expect people to change their innate social behaviors. Can't believe people are still trotting out the "if only we'd followed all the rules" mantra. Didn't happen anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Ah I see we're back to blaming people for picking up a virus again, rinse and repeat every few months. Because everyone that contracted covid must have been irresponsible and its all their fault.... christ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Ah I see we're back to blaming people for picking up a virus again, rinse and repeat every few months. Because everyone that contracted covid must have been irresponsible and its all their fault.... christ

Only in Ireland do we misbehave supposedly. I am sure in every country people didn’t follow guidelines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Whose blaming the elderly?
    Most of them listen to the news and follow advice.

It's easy to follow advice and rules when there's no college to attend, no service jobs to do to make ends meat. no friends to see, relationships to maintain and garner. All part of growing up which has and continues to be stolen from many lives for not very much gain.

All very simplistic when the restrictions don't affect every facet of ones life.

The elderly have been very well looked after by the public at large, it's the nursing homes fcuk up that counted for a large amount of deaths linked to this virus. That's on the Government.

But yeah, lets all blame the youth.

• Advertisement

And constantly trotting out the blame other people line amounts to not much more than trolling at this point.

Advertisement