Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

• Registered Users Posts: 18,428 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Wolf359f wrote: »
    I'm not blaming the elderly

The person I was responding to was, that is why I responded.

Of course he also thinks we are at risk from cows and sheep spreading new variants of covid so I guess I shouldn't have bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

zackory wrote: »
    And constantly trotting out the blame other people line amounts to not much more than trolling at this point.

I still see Donnelly being asked who is to blame if cases and deaths rise.... his response... blame Covid. Cringe worthy!

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Why?

Because we have established what the national response should be every time our health service is under pressure.

• Advertisement

Because we have established what the national response should be every time our health service is under pressure.

But the flu is not novel. The issue with Covid was it was a novel virus and at the time, no vaccines etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

I still see Donnelly being asked who is to blame if cases and deaths rise.... his response... blame Covid. Cringe worthy!

It’s akin to the captain of the titanic being asked why the ship sank.
    Captain ….. “the iceberg”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

We've established a method of stopping our system blowing a lid during a pandemic, there's nothing to suggest that we'll now be locking down for the seasonal flu.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,130 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Murderers the lot of them. Should be hung for treason.
    And constantly trotting out the blame other people line amounts to not much more than trolling at this point.

Do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Interesting to see new English Health Secretary, Sajid Javid's attitude to these restrictions. All restrictions gone in England in two weeks time. Masks, SD, the lot. They are going to actually live with this virus now.

Expect a travel ban to and from England soon.

• Advertisement

But the flu is not novel. The issue with Covid was it was a novel virus and at the time, no vaccines etc...

The flu? Covid?

Doesn't matter if the cause is the flu or a national outbreak of dysentery, if the health service is close to collapse then we have a moral imperative to take action and lockdown to flatten the curve. How can anybody say otherwise, don't they care about the vulnerable?

The flu? Covid?

Doesn't matter if the cause is the flu or a national outbreak of dysentery, if the health service is close to collapse then we have a moral imperative to take action and lockdown to flatten the curve. How can anybody say otherwise, don't they care about the vulnerable?

So who has said the health service is close to collapsing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Not scaremongering, not denying Covid but will be interesting to guess when Covid doesn’t have its own forum on Boards. A post-mortem will go on for some time IMO…. my personal guess would be in about 3 years it won’t get a mention on here.

So who has said the health service is close to collapsing?

Nobody has, including me, that you choose to ask that question shows me your intention here.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭niamh247

Just 40 intensive care beds available ahead of Delta Covid wave

https://www.breakingnews.ie/amp/ireland/spike-in-hospital-admissions-from-delta-covid-wave-would-be-extreme-concern-1151823.html

Why don't someone get fired for this lack of prep? Why is this tolerated or seen as normal in this country? How can he have a face to declare this and proudly say "we are busy"?

Also only 300 general beds our of 11K seem to be available. This country is only more concerned about teaching their men about how to collect and carry dog poop than doing any sort of real planning and administration. Rediculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭niamh247

niamh247 wrote: »

https://www.breakingnews.ie/amp/ireland/spike-in-hospital-admissions-from-delta-covid-wave-would-be-extreme-concern-1151823.html

Why don't someone get fired for this lack of prep? Why is this tolerated or seen as normal in this country? How can he have a face to declare this and proudly say "we are busy"?

Also only 300 general beds our of 11K seem to be available. This country is only more concerned about teaching their men about how to collect and carry dog poop than doing any sort of real planning and administration. Rediculous.

Incompetence, utter lack of any foresight everywhere. Refined talk, nice appearance, cool slide decks, well-managed calls, careful statements, media-oriented focus .... The country is devoid of real men.

The problem is also due to lack of any inspection in general. One could say any nonsense with a deep voice and a fine confident face, and there is nobody to inspect the sensibilities beyond the shiny shell of glib talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

The truth is probably even worse - never forget how the main hospital in Galway hid patients on trolleys when Varadkar visited. All the HSE brass have one aim in life, to cover up their incompetence and get the pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

One major incident in this country building collapse train crash etc and we have instantly none

It’s pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭brickster69

One major incident in this country building collapse train crash etc and we have instantly none

It’s pathetic

It is like watching a train crash but in slow motion. No one has a fu##king clue what is going on. Just sack NPHET, open the pubs indoors, i'm just trying to book my holiday to Portugal.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

Pubs and restaurants may support the vaccine pass in return for distancing being abolished for the vaccinated. Makes sense.

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/pubs-and-restaurants-demand-end-to-social-distancing-for-vaccinated-customers-40613037.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

It is like watching a train crash but in slow motion. No one has a fu##king clue what is going on. Just sack NPHET, open the pubs indoors, i'm just trying to book my holiday to Portugal.

One of the more sensible things you have posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭beaz2018

Pubs and restaurants may support the vaccine pass in return for distancing being abolished for the vaccinated. Makes sense.

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/pubs-and-restaurants-demand-end-to-social-distancing-for-vaccinated-customers-40613037.html

Coppers has to be included in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

I’ve no doubt this has been answered but things changing so quickly so I am unsure and all the looking up I do is so grey, we’ve had a sudden family bereavement in london, my dads brother and my dad passed away some years ago. The death was non Covid related and I am the only nephew in Ireland so feel I should travel for a few days to pay condolences. I have had my first dose of vaccine. Could anyone please advise what I need to do to enter and exit london, it is only going to be for 3 or 4 days when they have verified the funeral. Many thanks.

Sorry for the loss.

Just get a flight back to Belfast and avoid the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

It’s pathetic

Remember some are championing cervical Tony for a presidential run and it's not a small minority either. That's the mentality you are dealing with here.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Skygord

I’ve no doubt this has been answered but things changing so quickly so I am unsure and all the looking up I do is so grey, we’ve had a sudden family bereavement in london, my dads brother and my dad passed away some years ago. The death was non Covid related and I am the only nephew in Ireland so feel I should travel for a few days to pay condolences. I have had my first dose of vaccine. Could anyone please advise what I need to do to enter and exit london, it is only going to be for 3 or 4 days when they have verified the funeral. Many thanks.

Sorry for your loss. Try the Travel thread for more up to date comments re travel. Basically you check UK rules for your travel into UK, and check Ireland rules for your travel back home. AFAIK your travel into London will be like normal, returning home you'll have to get a private PCR test in London within 72 hrs of your return travel home, fill in Ireland's passenger locator form, and then self quarantine once home for 10 days.

FWIW this was my experience in May... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=117170107

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-portugal-announces-new-restrictions-including-curfew-in-45-areas-amid-rising-coronavirus-cases-12347196.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,362 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

there has been chronic mismanagement in the delivery of services, the public sector funnily seems to hire more managers than anyone else, but they dont seem to be able to deliver improvements in the front line. despite the mountain of cash thrown at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭brickster69

Three weeks and critical ICU level will be hit. Algarve worse than Lisbon / population. They will be in lockdown in a month.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 12,946 ✭✭✭✭JRant

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Some people are actually not going to recover at all from this! Look at the replies to this tweet.
    ‘We’re not setting people free, we’re setting covid free’

https://twitter.com/dminghella/status/1411960653477261316?s=21

Advertisement