Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I don't see any mention of the single dose Janssen vaccine that's available from today. Is anyone going to register today for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I don't see any mention of the single dose Janssen vaccine that's available from today. Is anyone going to register today for it?

I registered on Friday and my appointment wasnt cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

JRant wrote: »
    Those are levels of restrictions we can only dream about here.

Yeah, not allowed out of your house between 11 pm and 5 am. The dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Vicxas wrote: »
    I registered on Friday and my appointment wasnt cancelled

Did you do it through a phone call? The pharmacy lists on the vaccine portal only give an option to call.

What would you be doing in Ireland between those hours with every form of entertainment closed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Did you do it through a phone call? The pharmacy lists on the vaccine portal only give an option to call.

Did it online when they still had it up. They've taken it down since then

• Registered Users Posts: 12,946 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Nothing is open after 11am here anyway. At least people can sit in cafes and restaurants during the day and enjoy a level of normality that we are a long way from here.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 82,242 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Some people are actually not going to recover at all from this! Look at the replies to this tweet.
    ‘We’re not setting people free, we’re setting covid free’

https://twitter.com/dminghella/status/1411960653477261316?s=21

On a positive note Covid hospital numbers in England are one tenth they were in December when new case numbers were the same, clearly vaccines working and working well.
    Professor Powis said there are "far fewer" patients in hospital compared to the winter and spring of last year.

He said there were about 23,000 COVID cases a day in mid-December – which is "pretty similar" to now in England – and about 15,000 people in hospital.

But today there are about 1,700 people in hospital, which is "almost 10 times less", he added.
    https://news.sky.com/story/covid-news-live-latest-boris-johnson-press-conference-lockdown-restrictions-july-19-12349015

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Three weeks and critical ICU level will be hit. Algarve worse than Lisbon / population. They will be in lockdown in a month.

You wish.

I know it's hard to take but there will be another virus along in a few years to keep you happy. :) This one is beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Some people are actually not going to recover at all from this! Look at the replies to this tweet.
    ‘We’re not setting people free, we’re setting covid free’

https://twitter.com/dminghella/status/1411960653477261316?s=21

When this is said and done Covid will have done more damage to people's mental health than anyone could imagine. People are still walking around others on footpaths ffs like it's Ebola on steroids.

Make no mistake Covid was a windfall for doom mongers and the media and they are finding it almost impossible to let go. It's beyond sad really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭brickster69

TefalBrain wrote: »
    You wish.

I know it's hard to take but there will be another virus along in a few years to keep you happy. :) This one is beat.

I'm not happy but ICU in Portugal is at 55% of the critical level now. If it increases as it is for 3 weeks ICU capacity will be breached. Once again hopefully not.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

People are still walking around others on footpaths ffs like it's Ebola on steroids.

Probably just trying to have some courtesy + it has become automatic at this stage.
    But then they run into Tefal Brain who ruins their day by fake coughing or roaring at them! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Pubs and restaurants may support the vaccine pass in return for distancing being abolished for the vaccinated. Makes sense.

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/pubs-and-restaurants-demand-end-to-social-distancing-for-vaccinated-customers-40613037.html

The pubs/restaurants really need to get new representatives.

The arrogant disregard for public health displayed is crigny and downright dangerous.

I do not trust them one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭kieran26

The pubs/restaurants really need to get new representatives.

The arrogant disregard for public health displayed is crigny and downright dangerous.

I do not trust them one bit.

If everyone granted entry is fully vaciinated or has a recent negative test, where is the danger? It will have to be done sometime. A lot of these business will not be viable without a certain number of people allowed on the premesis.

Seems like a resonable request to me. As long as it is monitored. although i suspect by the time anything is put in place vaccinaation levels will be such that it is not necessary. due to heel dragging form the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

kieran26 wrote: »
    If everyone granted entry is fully vaciinated or has a recent negative test, where is the danger? It will have to be done sometime. A lot of these business will not be viable without a certain number of people allowed on the premesis.

Seems like a resonable request to me. As long as it is monitored. although i suspect by the time anything is put in place vaccinaation levels will be such that it is not necessary. due to heel dragging form the government.

I can see where they are coming from and totally understand that they need to get people back in but it will be a free for all and they will let everyone in. There are pubs at it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,257 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Pubs and restaurants may support the vaccine pass in return for distancing being abolished for the vaccinated. Makes sense.

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/pubs-and-restaurants-demand-end-to-social-distancing-for-vaccinated-customers-40613037.html

All well and good but what about people who simply are unable to access a vaccine or only have 1 dose ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,127 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Swaine wrote:
    But yeah, lets all blame the youth.

I know this is from last night but it quoted me.
    I never said anything about the youth. I talked about idiots and cowboys.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    All well and good but what about people who simply are unable to access a vaccine or only have 1 dose ?

Vaccine passes will be available for the partially-vaccinated, as far as I am aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,762 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »

So stay closed until everyone is vaccinated?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭giveitholly

hynesie08 wrote: »
    So stay closed until everyone is vaccinated?

He didn't say that and you know that,he was asking a genuine question but here you are again obsessing with said poster,its really sad at this stage. You were fairly quite when he was first to call it that indoor hospitality would not open today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,762 ✭✭✭hynesie08

He didn't say that and you know that,he was asking a genuine question but here you are again obsessing with said poster,its really sad at this stage. You were fairly quite when he was first to call it that indoor hospitality would not open today

You really have an issue with people having opposing viewpoints don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

When this is said and done Covid will have done more damage to people's mental health than anyone could imagine. People are still walking around others on footpaths ffs like it's Ebola on steroids.

Make no mistake Covid was a windfall for doom mongers and the media and they are finding it almost impossible to let go. It's beyond sad really.
    Is that the level of begrudgery you have to get to, that you mock even someone taking minimal precautions for their own reasons and business? Are you equating social distancing with mental illness?

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

anyone know when the 35-39 group will start getting vaccinated? Next couple of weeks?

anyone know when the 35-39 group will start getting vaccinated? Next couple of weeks?

Today I assume, since I’m scheduled in an hour from now. 35

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

It's already started

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Is that the level of begrudgery you have to get to, that you mock even someone taking minimal precautions for their own reasons and business? Are you equating social distancing with mental illness?
    There is reasonable and there's extreme. It's not untrue to say that some may not recover mentally from this and it's also not surprising that others with lower perceptions of risk to get quite annoyed at their stance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭giveitholly

hynesie08 wrote: »
    You really have an issue with people having opposing viewpoints don't you?

There is opposing views and your obsession with PTH2009,anyway I have said my bit and will leave it at that

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭SheepsClothing

is_that_so wrote: »
    There is reasonable and there's extreme. It's not untrue to say that some may not recover mentally from this and it's also not surprising that others with lower perceptions of risk to get quite annoyed at their stance.

Its complete idle speculation to say people won't recover mentally. Reminds me of all the doom mongers in this thread claiming there was a suicide epidemic with zero evidence to back up their rubbish. The people getting annoyed at how others choose to behave during the pandemic need to get a grip and mind their own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Its complete idle speculation to say people won't recover mentally. Reminds me of all the doom mongers in this thread claiming there was a suicide epidemic with zero evidence to back up their rubbish. The people getting annoyed at how others choose to behave during the pandemic need to get a grip and mind their own business.
    Having witnessed it first hand in the family I'd disagree and some of the older members will take a very long time to recover if at all. Yes the business minding goes both ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

kieran26 wrote: »

Well for one it is endangering their staff if they aren't fully vaccinated by the time they can do this. Something people seem to keep ignoring as an issue. Pints don't pour themselves.

Advertisement