Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

namloc1980 wrote: »
    On a different note on the link about Longitude 2021 being cancelled this bit:

"[Longitude 2021] was due to be headlined by Kendrick Lamar, Tyler, The Creator, and Megan Thee Stallion."

I felt so old (and I'm not that old!) as I've never heard of these. :o

Pretty much same here

I think they've made Longitude as the new Oxygen demographic wise

Whereas Longitude used to be aimed moreso at over 30s line up wise

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Pretty much same here :pac:

I think they've made Longitude as the new Oxygen demographic wise

Whereas Longitude used to be aimed moreso at over 30s line up wise

Yeah it became hip hop orientated over the last few years, Kenderick played the Picnic a few years ago, so as Shine says this is aimed at the Oxegen demographic of school leaving age to about 21 years old. Although the old Oxegen crowd would be suitably Picnic aged these days. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭User1998

Although I think its a bit mad waiting until today to hug your grand children, I did think it was very heartwarming seeing all the grandparents reunited with their families and grandkids on RTE. Great to see

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I might have cried watching the clips on the News of grandparents hugging their grandchildren . At last !

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I might have cried watching the clips on the News of grandparents hugging their grandchildren . At last !

I'll breach my own "No RTE. Ever!" rule if I can find that footage online

It sounds very heartwarming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

I'll breach my own "No RTE. Ever!" rule if I can find that footage online

It sounds very heartwarming

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Are you in cohort 7 ? Have you any idea how these chronically ill people are being shunted from billy to jack and still no information ?
    Group 4 is all but done so it is reasonable to assume that Group 7 is imminent. As we've seen with this programme, when vaccines are available groups get vaccinated. The HSE do not give details until they are sure of them, despite what other medical people continually claim about the system.

cefh17 wrote: »

Lovely

Although I was half expecting George Lee to jump out of that hedge with whatever he's dribbling about today :pac:

is_that_so wrote: »
    Group 4 is all but done so it is reasonable to assume that Group 7 is imminent. As we've seen with this programme, when vaccines are available groups get vaccinated. The HSE do not give details until they are sure of them, despite what other medical people continually claim about the system.

The problem is some GPs have opted out of vaccinating cohort 7 . This has left people trying to find another GP which is almost impossible . A poster today phoned the HSE who were of no help whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The problem is some GPs have opted out of vaccinating cohort 7 . This has left people trying to find another GP which is almost impossible . A poster today phoned the HSE who were of no help whatsoever
    It will get sorted and probably soon enough and the HSE will have to pick up whatever mess GPs have left behind and the abuse that goes with it.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    It will get sorted and probably soon enough and the HSE will have to pick up whatever mess GPs have left behind and the abuse that goes with it.

And rightly so . The HSE should have sorted this months ago
    The cohort 7 will get smaller by the day as many will give up and register online

• Registered Users Posts: 38,312 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Selfishly want 3Arena shows Autumn/Winter because i have some tickets but would be great to have outdoor events back by the end of the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Today feels like a turning point in this pandemic. Hopefully we are behind the worst days.

wadacrack wrote: »
    Today feels like a turning point in this pandemic. Hopefully we are behind the worst days.

I was in the Square today and there was a real buzz around ! It felt good

• Registered Users Posts: 38,312 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

wadacrack wrote: »

Here's hoping we never ever have to darken the door of a heavy lockdown

Time to live with this virus and get on with our lives

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

381 cases

No new mortalities

https://www.thejournal.ie/coronavirus-latest-figures-ireland-45-5433139-May2021/?utm_source=shortlink

Edit: That's both Ireland and the UK reporting no one passing from Covid on the same day

Except it isn't .

The UK had 4 deaths today specifally in Wales

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

I’m a bit confused on cohort 7....I thought they were would have being one of the main priorities in terms of people getting vaccinated? It’s like anyone with an underlying issue between 16-69 right?! Surely they are getting sorted, no?

SPDUB wrote: »
    Except it isn't .

The UK had 4 deaths today specifally in Wales

Saw that after I posted. I thought all the UK countries had reported no passings

They seem to be getting very close to a day like that though and the fact that England (population 56 million) reported no passings is amazing in itself

I’m a bit confused on cohort 7....I thought they were would have being one of the main priorities in terms of people getting vaccinated? It’s like anyone with an underlying issue between 16-69 right?! Surely they are getting sorted, no?

No, and it's a mess

From reports in the Vaccination thread: GPs who aren't doing Cohort 7 are asking patients to ring the HSE, who then ask them to ring their GP

There was a total of 8 people vaccinated in this vulnerable Cohort in the last 24 hours
    • Total in group: ~350,000
    • Total vaccines: 2,773 (+8)
    • Total with first vaccine: 2,770 (+8)
    • Total with second vaccine: 3 (+0)
    • 0.8% of total half vaccinated (+0%)
    • 0% of total fully vaccinated (+0%)

You can get an appointment in Pennys though, so it's grand

You would think so wouldn’t you . They are being shunted from clinics to GPs and each saying the other is responsible
    Some are being told their GP has opted out of cohort 7 and told by HSE to look for another GP ( as if GPs were queuing up to take new patients )
    Some have given up trying and have registered online if their age is due .
    Its a mess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

No, and it's a mess

From reports in the Vaccination thread: GPs who aren't doing Cohort 7 are asking patients to ring the HSE, who then ask them to ring their GP

There was a total of 8 people vaccinated in this vulnerable Cohort in the last 24 hours

What the fudge had a private company like Penney's got to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,975 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Just watching Virgin Media News
    A piece about the reopening, and the description voice over it said '' people who have been lucky enough to have kept their job during the pandemic have saved BILLIONS and the retailers are hoping some ends up in the till''

How the hell could someone have save BILLIONS since Xmas Eve, or last March , WTF

Some have given up trying and have registered online if their age is due .
    Its a mess

And the bit I can't work out is:

Is their condition only suitable to Pfizer and they're just taking whatever they're offered on the portal out of frustration with their GP?

Cohort 7 is - as far as I know - using Pfizer only

A complete mess

The online portal needs to be opened up to Cohort 7 if GPs are washing their hands of it

Surely there must be a way of the portal knowing medical information from a patient's PPS number or similar

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Just watching Virgin Media News
    A piece about the reopening, and the description voice over it said '' people who have been lucky enough to have kept their job during the pandemic have saved BILLIONS and the retailers are hoping some ends up in the till''

How the hell could someone have save BILLIONS since Xmas Eve, or last March , WTF
    The pandemic has increased total Irish savings by 10bn+. People have piss all to spend the money on besides the overheads (mortgages, bills, necessities, car payments etc).

Money spent on holidays, excursions, shopping trips, dining, pints has gone into deposit accounts over the last 12 months. Unemployment/PUP reductions on salaries has not offset the net savings total at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,448 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

What the fudge had a private company like Penney's got to do with it?

Thats what the media are interested in reporting on today...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,975 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

marno21 wrote: »
    The pandemic has increased total Irish savings by 10bn+. People have piss all to spend the money on besides the overheads (mortgages, bills, necessities, car payments etc).

Money spent on holidays, excursions, shopping trips, dining, pints has gone into deposit accounts over the last 12 months. Unemployment/PUP reductions on salaries has not offset the net savings total at all.

He said individuals have saved billions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

No, and it's a mess

Are these official figures? Sorry for doubting you but I’ve seen nothing in the news on this - of course I could have missed it...I kind of thought those with underlying illness were kind of like quite close to being after people over 70 ie basically quite the top priority basically....I kind of thought/presumed there were pushing the whole 50-50 thingy as those vunerable shall we say were sorted....Ummmmm...

Are these official figures?

Yes

https://covid-19.geohive.ie/pages/vaccinations

Are these official figures? Sorry for doubting you but I’ve seen nothing in the news on this - of course I could have missed it...I kind of thought those with underlying illness were kind of like quite close to being after people over 70 ie basically quite the top priority basically....I kind of thought/presumed there were pushing the whole 50-50 thingy as those vunerable shall we say were sorted....Ummmmm...

I think you are not alone . Many people think that the vulnerable groups are all vaccinated and this is far from the case
    Cohort 7 had barely started

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

He said individuals have saved billions though.

You're misinterpreting what was said. People have saved billions - as a group. How on earth would an individual save billions in a few months? He never suggested they did.

Advertisement