Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

eskimohunt wrote: »
    Well, that's a relief. Nobody could possibly have known this.

Thank you, Professor Nolan.

In other, related matters -- did any "journalist" attending the briefing cross-examine Nolan on the antigen question?

are you mad? it's like questioning the politburo now at this stage. If you ask an ad hoc question you better watch your salads for a few weeks. Nolan will be tweeting you in the dead of night. "hey buddy, can I get thallium with that"

and your man staines is now like a real life doctor evil parody....1 BILLIOOOOOOOOOOOOON dollars.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Both are completely on a wind up. Very easy to spot their trolling

Staines is the one I think is genuinely not all there in the head

And O' Neil has a bizarre fascination with publicity, despite being a very wealthy man

I'll be happy to never see them ever again after this is over

This one is possibly the worst of the lot.

https://twitter.com/aoifemcl

Their are some good people I personally respect though. Devi Sridhar, Ronan Glynn. They show a more human side to this time rather it proving their scientific expertise which seems to be happening to many in the ZeroCovid camp

• Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

eskimohunt wrote: »
    Well, that's a relief. Nobody could possibly have known this.

Thank you, Professor Nolan.

In other, related matters -- did any "journalist" attending the briefing cross-examine Nolan on the antigen question?

Believe it or not, many people move on and concentrate on the important things in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Who's this lady grilling them on antigen test?

She's made some very good points.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Believe it or not, many people move on and concentrate on the important things in life.

the classic..nothing to see here folks routine.

I see and when someone that you don't agree with has a similar brain fart which is against your belief and agenda, then you will focus on the more important things in life so yes? horse****e, you'll be banging on about antivax this, basement dwellers that and moon landing deniers the other... c'mon Jim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Sarah Carey I think, I turned off but seems to be getting interesting

Lucas Hood wrote: »

I see yes, missed it just have it on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭techdiver

Messi19 wrote: »
    Doesn't sound right. I'd be keeping an eye to see if your booking pops back up for double the price

I genuinely don't think this is the case. The have bent over backwards to accommodate me on another date. They haven't even sold out and you can still book it online.

The NI health minister has being making noise about this for some time. Seems he's followed through on it. He can't realistically stop all travel but he can instruct business to not allow bookings.

rusty cole wrote: »

I see and when someone that you don't agree with has a similar brain fart which is against your belief and agenda, then you will focus on the more important things in life so yes? horse****e, you'll be banging on about antivax this, basement dwellers that and moon landing deniers the other... c'mon Jim.

Pay no heed to disingenuous drivel, there is little intention of moving on when lauding the continued influence of NPHET on government policy and want to concentrate on being busybodies incapable of tending to their own affairs.

wadacrack wrote: »
    This one is possibly the worst of the lot.

https://twitter.com/aoifemcl

Their are some good people I personally respect though. Devi Sridhar, Ronan Glynn. They show a more human side to this time rather it proving their scientific expertise which seems to be happening to many in the ZeroCovid camp

Zero covid is great when your wages are paid by a grant and you can speak about science from your cabbage patch in the sun somewhere. she's trying to be the greta Thunberg of the Irish zero covid movement.. and it is a movement, bizarre woman to be fair. she want a good round of speed dating to take the edge off and balance her antennae.

• Advertisement

I have no idea what you're on about,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Probably been answered already, but why do some people drive around in their cars wearing a mask?

I'm talking about single occupant cars, like what's that about :confused: maybe they think Covid will get in via the airvents?

I have no idea what you're on about,

and yet it's so easy for me to keep you that way. the pandemic is nearly over, what will you do with your Sunday world free Luke O'Neil posters!!

clever comeback though.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Probably been answered already, but why do some people drive around in their cars wearing a mask?

I'm talking about single occupant cars, like what's that about :confused: maybe they think Covid will get in via the airvents?
    Well , i do occasionally . I go into a shop and get my mask just right . Sitting right , not fogging my glasses etc
    I know I have to stop at the chemist on the way home so leave it on until I am out of the chemist . I like to have my mask in place and often put it on then drive to the shop

Fear that's what it's about. terrible really but as many psychologists have said, when you remind people constantly of their own mortality, they are open to anything, even authoritarianism. Murals and paintings of dictators have been proven to dumb down independent thought and exchange of ideas.
    those are the views of a Nobel prize winner by the way, not a keypard warrior before some get ready to pounce.

Instead of huge Kim Jong murals, we have front page media photos, TV interviews even on our light entertainment shows, constantly reminding of us of our own mortality..if this all died in the morning, some will still wear masks and that's not muscle memory, that's conditioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,316 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd leave my mask on from shop to shop if there within distance of each other

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HereinBray

Zero covid is great when your wages are paid by a grant and you can speak about science from your cabbage patch in the sun somewhere. she's trying to be the greta Thunberg of the Irish zero covid movement.. and it is a movement, bizarre woman to be fair. she want a good round of speed dating to take the edge off and balance her antennae.

Wow - Misogynistic much? Or just plain rude?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    All data via user NoobGaming on Reddit Ireland

Vaccine types
    Pfizer: 1,278,103 (+18,190) (84% of supply used)
    AZ: 553,304 (+20,893) (42% of supply used)
    Moderna: 90,956 (+1,040) (98% of supply used)
    Janssen: 550 (+155) (2% of supply used)
    Total: 1,922,913 (+40,278) (82% of supply used)

I don't understand that bit - suggests 42% of AZ used, but it's 92% according to the link provided. And Pfizer says 75% but above says 84% used - is there a timing gap?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭zebastein

I can see plenty of reasons why people would not bother to put it and take it back every two minutes. For example I don't remove it if I go to a shop, then have a 5minutes drive to go to another shop.

There may be people who go shopping, then don't want to manipulate/remove the mask with their hands dirty. Did they just drop someone and did not remove their mask while driving?

We can't really make an assumption when we don't know where people come from and where they go. It is like seeing people with a coat under their arm on a sunny day. Are they scared that a cold wave hits all a sudden, did they leave early this morning and it was cold so the coat was useful, or do they just bring their coat back from the office?

and yet it's so easy for me to keep you that way. the pandemic is nearly over, what will you do with your Sunday world free Luke O'Neil posters!!

clever comeback though.:rolleyes:

Again, I have no idea what you're on about. Genuinely, it makes no sense to me. I neither read the Sunday World nor have any interest in Luke O'Neil.

• Advertisement

Again, I have no idea what you're on about. Genuinely, it makes no sense to me. I neither read the Sunday World nor have any interest in Luke O'Neil.

it's a stereotype that's lost on you or gone above your head, don't worry about it, you're playing a blinder otherwise jimmy, a blinder I tells ya!:D

HereinBray wrote: »
    [/B]

Wow - Misogynistic much? Or just plain rude?

wow, looking to take offence and start a hashtag much?

multiple choice was never my strong point anyway but I'll say neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,251 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I don't understand that bit - suggests 42% of AZ used, but it's 92% according to the link provided. And Pfizer says 75% but above says 84% used - is there a timing gap?

Looks like the poster has just mixed up vaccines is all

The one on site is accurate

I have to be honest, but I could never be friends with someone with a name like Aoife McLysaght.

Same with people who happen to have names such as Magda, Maurice, Olga, or Helga. Maurice is particularly horrific.

Aside from that, I think your point is spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HereinBray

Nope - not trying to do either. It's just so sad that once again women are debased.

Guess I'm just beyond the teenage musings of a Boards poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

The delivery data was updated in between the reddit post being made and today. The figures are right as of yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

zebastein wrote: »
    I can see plenty of reasons why people would not bother to put it and take it back every two minutes. For example I don't remove it if I go to a shop, then have a 5minutes drive to go to another shop.

There may be people who go shopping, then don't want to manipulate/remove the mask with their hands dirty. Did they just drop someone and did not remove their mask while driving?

We can't really make an assumption when we don't know where people come from and where they go. It is like seeing people with a coat under their arm on a sunny day. Are they scared that a cold wave hits all a sudden, did they leave early this morning and it was cold so the coat was useful, or do they just bring their coat back from the office?

It's a wise man who brings an umbrella on a sunny day.

it's a stereotype that's lost on you or gone above your head, don't worry about it, you're playing a blinder otherwise jimmy, a blinder I tells ya!:D

And again where is the relevance? Are you trying a coy insult or are you trying to be humorous?

You obviously disagree with something but have an aversion to stating it.

Your sarcasm appears to fit the stereotyped lowest form of wit.

#Ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

It’s not really a stereotype if it exists solely in your head though is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

zebastein wrote: »

Every two minutes!

Well I think most people would agree with about that, I mean if you're shop hopping, then why bother taking it off? but what I'm really talking about is people who drive to work or other journeys and automatically put on a mask in the car, even though they have no passengers.

This is the head scratcher for me, specially on a hot day when a face mask becomes uncomfortable very quickly in a car, so why do they wear them?

Advertisement