Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭techdiver

Any news as to when the vaccine registration system will open to the 40 - 44 group? 45's are registering today but there seems to be no info for tomorrow onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Hospital number disappointing. Was below 100 at one point Im sure.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1396862599766159364

• Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭corkie

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1396862467943305219

As of midnight, Sunday 23 May, the @hpscireland
    has been notified of 345* confirmed cases of #COVID19.

44 in ICU. 127 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data validation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Cork2021

The hospital numbers have been creeping up since the hack! There was 99 in hospitals on the 13th of May. The lack of physical data since...... I don’t know why they’ve stagnated. I was expecting a slow down In discharges but not this slow or stagnant

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Cork2021 wrote: »
    The hospital numbers have been creeping up since the hack! There was 99 in hospitals on the 13th of May. The lack of physical data since...... I don’t know why they’ve stagnated. I was expecting a slow down In discharges but not this slow or stagnant

There'll be a decent drop at the 8pm tonight you'd think, but would've hoped they'd be lower at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Not sure of the wisdom of this at all!
    An Indian couple reportedly chartered a plane and held a mid-air wedding with more than 160 guests in an effort to escape coronavirus restrictions.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-57227244

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

Could someone tell me what is the main says in reporting number of deaths now , is this to make it look ok

• Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

is_that_so wrote: »
    Not sure of the wisdom of this at all!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-57227244

WTF!! :eek:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,254 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Still below NPHETs best case scenario.

It's Monday you'd expect a decent drop tonight but those numbers are unavailable nightly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The HSE IT systems are still down, we can’t even report confirmed cases atm, only positive swabs. It’s not a conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

wadacrack wrote: »
    Hospital number disappointing. Was below 100 at one point Im sure.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1396862599766159364

They always increase over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

When do people think that mass testing for covid will stop? Will it go on for years? Heading into next winter will any person that presents with a sore throat or sniffle be automatically sent for a covid test?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

The data may well not be accurate. It is probably based on ringing up the various hospitals and asking them, rather than being based on what's on a system.

Anyway, our case numbers have been at the same level for a good few weeks now, so you'd expect hospital numbers to level off.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Just checking RTE website it has daily case numbers and hospital numbers . Doesn't mention anything about deaths though which is strange

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Source?

According to this the number for 13 May was 111

https://hub.arcgis.com/datasets/fe9bb23592ec4142a4f4c2c9bd32f749_0/data?orderBy=Date&orderByAsc=false

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Just checking RTE website it has daily case numbers and hospital numbers . Doesn't mention anything about deaths though which is strange

That's been the case since the ransomware attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Míchéal Martin was so weak in his interview with Claire Byrne this morning, who suggested in her line of questioning that we should reintroduce mandatory quarantine from the U.K., forget about indoor dining for the summer, stop reopening society basically. Pathetic yet again from Byrne. Even Pat Kenny is better than her at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    That's been the case since the ransomware attack.

Ah ok .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭prunudo

Míchéal Martin was so weak in his interview with Claire Byrne this morning, who suggested in her line of questioning that we should reintroduce mandatory quarantine from the U.K., forget about indoor dining for the summer, stop reopening society basically. Pathetic yet again from Byrne. Even Pat Kenny is better than her at this stage.

The lack of assertiveness from government when it comes to dealing with questions from the likes of Byrne is part of the reason for mixed messaging and general vagueness over the last 15 months imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Thought it was a shocking interview alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

techdiver wrote: »
    Any news as to when the vaccine registration system will open to the 40 - 44 group? 45's are registering today but there seems to be no info for tomorrow onwards.

There tends to be a 7-10 day gap between each group. Also, it was done in 10-year-groupings i.e. 50-59, 60-69, so not sure if they'll now do 40-44, then the same gap, then 35-39, etc..

We were told a couple of weeks ago that every age group would know when we would be able to register but it seems the ransomware attack has them moving slower/more cautiously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

I can understand it from Pat. He's in an at risk age group so would be feeling the fear of covid (similar to Eamon Dunphy). But Claire Byrne I just don't get at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

Yes you really have to wonder why :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Dickie10

are NYPHET still doing daily news tv slots each evening at 6:30?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Dickie10 wrote: »
    are NYPHET still doing daily news tv slots each evening at 6:30?

No, once a week on a Friday afternoon, around 2-3pm.

Thankfully they have disappeared to almost irrelevance. They should never have been given that platform. My Dad was in a big panic last week after Holohan's comments about "dark clouds" re: Indian variant etc. Said it will all be bad here again and that the vaccines don't work etc.

At this stage they (NPHET) should just send official letters to the Dept. of Health and let the government make their own (probably useless) decisions.

Advertisement