Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Earlier, Germany's vaccine advisory committee recommended booster shots for all people aged over 18.

Be interesting to see what NIAC will do

Probably come up with advice some time in 2025

• Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

It makes no difference

I see zero in Dublin and 612 in Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Still doing the 6 month gap so won’t make a huge difference here

we’ll have a booster programme to well into next year

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

And they closed the testing centre in Drogheda.

Fed up with the whole thing.Just hoping no child here gets sick because we can't access tests,and we can't access a GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Apologies..totally Took you up wrong. Thanks for the suggestion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Ah no bother.

Its a joke to be honest. Testing system collapsed.

Yet they expect people to stay at home and miss work waiting to be tested.

But yet there are no slots.

Ughhhhh, laurel and Hardy music.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

If they make the snake oil antigen tests free, then that's free PCR and free antigen.

A nation already hooked on testing will become even more addicted to it.

And it does nothing anyway to limit case numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

It's well documented that there are testing appointments reserved for GP referrals. Ring your GP and you'll get a test appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Its so funny to see the lads whinging about the victimisation of the unvaxxed and then turning around and trying to blame the fatties, without a hint of self awareness.

The facts don't lie. The unvaccinated are placing an exceptional and avoidable level of pressure on health systems. Every single hospital in the western world is reporting the same. It is not an opinion, it is a fact.

Healthy, unvaccinated people are landing in hospitals and ICUs at up to 20 times the rate of vaccinated people.

If everyone was vaccinated, there would be minimal concern about pressure on the hospitals. There would be talk of basic hygiene precautions only. There would be no Covid passes, no capacity restrictions, no talk of potential lockdowns. This is a fact.

I will absolutely support someone's right to choose, but that doesn't include the right to have the choice defended. Having the right to make a choice doesn't mean that whatever you pick is a good choice.

Smoking is a bad choice. Sitting on your hole all day chugging fast food is a bad choice. Refusing to get vaccinated is a bad choice.

There is nothing wrong with criticising bad choices and pointing out the effect they have on the individual and others.

You can't make a bad choice and then play the victim when someone tells you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

All I can see I testing gone through the roof and no benefit of this madness.

Well I dunno what you mean there. Was just replying to the, it doesn't effect case numbers thing.

I've seen it in action with my own two eyes haha

I expect it won't be a case of revoking passes as much as expiring them.

It will be done smoothly and insidiously as these things always are.

Funny how they can do some things so well but not others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Apologies if it’s been mentioned already in this forum but I see Tony H said that 1 in 6 people have shown signs of Covid this week. Can anyone say where he got this figure or is he just pulling figures out of the sky this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Healthy, unvaccinated people are landing in hospitals and ICUs at up to 20 times the rate of vaccinated people.

That's utter tosh Seamus. Healthy people are not at that risk level, vaccine or not

If everyone was vaccinated, there would be minimal concern about pressure on the hospitals. There would be talk of basic hygiene precautions only. There would be no Covid passes, no capacity restrictions, no talk of potential lockdowns. This is a fact.

Did you not learn over the past few months posting "facts" that turned out to be complete rubbish???

If we had 100% vaccinated right now we would have half the numbers in hospital, if we then actually opened the country you have no idea how many more would be in hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭Xander10

Heard it earlier and thought he has to be talking BS and it just makes people mistrust everything been said

I presumed it was from the check in poll on the app where you say if you've symptoms or not each day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Ah here... Who the hell is still using that?

And if that's what he's basing his estimates off then God help us..

100,000 did today. Not a bad number for a daily poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Even young healthy people are many times more at risk of serious disease if they are not vaccinated

Its such a diminished risk its irrelevant, young healthy unvaccinated people are not putting hospitals under pressure now.

Unhealthy, un-vaccinated are putting hospitals under 50% of the pressure we hear about on the news

Unhealthy, VACCINATED are accounting for the other 50% of the pressure we hear about on the news

BTW you do know we've seen the HSE operations report. The underlying conditions are clearly listed

Not many young fit folk have those conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

So now you’re informing people as to what a good or bad choice is for them individually re vaccination? This process is supposed to be about informed consent between a medical professional and their patient based on a range of factors & medical history.

To sum up this evening, you’re suggestions have been:

• lock down the unvaccinated
    • exclude the children of unvaccinated from education
    • pretend you’re pro choice re vaccine but just state there should be ‘consequences’ to anyone who doesn’t make the ‘right’ choice

Maybe tomorrow you’ll take it a step further again, or leave it a few days to do so? After all each day is a little push further along with your posts. Perhaps ostracising children from schooling is enough for this week and next week you’ll go a bit further all the while pretending to be ‘pro choice’ / living in a democracy, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,052 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Ah thank you ! Was so relieved when I saw that notification was from you , seamus , as I was dreading another attack about this .

I am not one to back down but it feels like if you say what is happening and it doesn't fit the current narrative , posters start pounding you and jumping on to attack even if they have no alternative point or fact , just want to express their dissatisfaction that you dared to say something that " the lads " don't agree with.

It is exactly the same as you say blaming the obese , as was blaming old people and the vulnerable before that for not keeping themselves locked away at home , or even dying fast enough , so " the rest of society " can go back to " living their lives " .

No self awareness , but also no empathy or feeling for others only what they are missing or what they are feeling .

We all know what has been lost during this pandemic and how tough it has been , but it has been for everybody not just one sector of society .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

That's 2% of the population

I only use the app for the covid pass now as do the majority of my friends

If that's what Tony is basing his figure on then he's using that to extrapolate to the entire population

So he's saying that 1/6 of 5,000,000 or 833,000 people had Covid-like symptoms in the last week

Dr Tony Holohan also reiterated that the "single most important action" people can take if experiencing any Covid-like symptoms is to self-isolate and to "arrange a PCR test, not an antigen test".

On the other hand Paul Reid told the HSE's weekly briefing that testing levels at the moment are "beyond anybody's expectations", adding that in the last seven days over 200,000 tests have been carried out.

How in hell does Tony think 833,000 people should get a test?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Láidir agus Dílis

Ethically I feel you can't force people to be vaccinated. You made some bizarre remarks earlier about forcing the children of the unvacinated to learn from home.

I'm double jabbed, but people are humans, with human rights, not cattle for rounding up and injecting. This pandemic is bringing out fascist tendencies in people, and I'm far from a leftie. They are hastily prepared vaccines and people are within their rights to refuse them if they feel it is the correct decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,086 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Good to see you provide evidence that vaccines are working so well. Unvaccinated people are making up 50% of admissions taking up hospital space even though they account for 7% of the population.

Thanks for providing such clear statistics to demonstrate.

I presumed it was a poll. Like 2 in 3 people prefer x to y. They never ask us all haha.

And I just know that 100000 people gave that data today so maybe that was where he gets it. Don't wanna speak for the man though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Danye

Hi all,

Probably going to take the plunge and get vaccinated.

I’m looking at the walk in clinics.

How does it work? Is it you just arrive within the time frame and you’ll definitely get a vaccine? The walk in clinic is outside my county but easily accessible due to work. Would it being outside my county be an issue?

Advertisement