Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tree sapling ID please

• 02-05-2021 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

Hi

Any idea what tree sapling this is?

It about two feet tall now.

regards

Comments

Keplar240B wrote: »
    Hi

Any idea what tree sapling this is?

It about two feet tall now.

regards

Could be Ash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Comerman

According to plantnet it's a European ash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Interesting, there are no ash trees nearby AFAIK , there is no two other little saplings at least i think they are saplings just below it as well.

There used to be a mountain ash in garden but it died like 10 years ago.

Comerman wrote: »
    According to plantnet it's a European ash

Thats a handy website. it says the other saplins are European chestnut 66% for one and 25% for the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Comerman

Keplar240B wrote: »
    Thats a handy website. it says the other saplins are European chestnut 66% for one and 25% for the other

There's an app in the play store, take a picture and it searches the Web to identify it

• Advertisement

I buried chestnuts in that corner but it was years ago one of them grew but died in that drought we had 2018.
    I think I planted them in like 2016-2017

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yes, I'd also agree and say that the first tree is ash and the second is chestnut.

And Sweet/Spanish Chestnut as opposed to Horse Chestnut (Conker seed).

No surprise re the Ash, absolutely abundant sapling producer on all lowland, non bog soils in Ireland.

Advertisement