Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPC Connect Issue

• 03-05-2021 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

I recently changed ISP and router and noted SPC Connect went offline.

I have the eng code, so from keypad, I updated the IP Address (from *.*.1.100 to one matching router *.*.178.100) and IP gateway (*.*.1.1 to one matching router *.*.178.1). Panel is running V3.6.6. firmware, DHCP disabled.

Now phone app restored, also web interface system summary per link below
    https://www.spcconnect.com/SiteOperations/SystemSummary

However when I chose button on web interface summary page to "Connect to SPC Panel", so that I can see full configuration like I could before, it does not load, instead gets an error message per below.

Page not working
    www.spcconnect.com didn’t send any data.
    ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

So comms not fully working, I am guessing it is something to do with need to set-up a static IP address on router to match the *.*.178.100 one I updated on keypad, however confused as web summary and phone app working without this.

Question 1 - is it the static IP address that remains the problem here for connection to SPC Panel?

Question 2 - If so, on the Fritzbox router, to set up a static IP address, it asks for MAC address of the device - any idea where I can get this from to assign that MAC address to the given IP address?

Would appreciate guidance on how to restore the full functionality.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Jnealon

That's not an error I've come across before, a quick google suggests it's an error with chrome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

Jnealon wrote: »
    That's not an error I've come across before, a quick google suggests it's an error with chrome.

Thanks for reply, however I just tried MS Edge web browser, but same issue there.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭pauliemc

Having an issue with SPC aswell. Connected direct to my modem but app says offline?

Advertisement