Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mans children removed by Tusla after his video of Gardai went viral

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Is that Justin Barrett?
    Aye he just turned up in his little wrinkly confirmation suit hoping people would give him some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Your man is clearly the worst type of 'nationalist' and on the fringes politically, to put it nicely, but I'd love to know the reasoning behind pulling the kids out of bed to be taken away in the middle of the night by the guards. Were there any social works present? What caused so much immediacy?

Very traumatic for the kids TBF, but absolutely may have been the best course of action in the correct circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

bubblypop wrote: »
    Seems like you know all the details..............

Just watched the update, it's a domestic, going through a marriage break up, he doesn't know where the kids are but I presume his ex does, they're trying to get infront of a judge this afternoon.
    They said the Guards said there was a court sitting on Saturday hence the Guards took the kids but they contacted Tusla and they said there was no court sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

So in fact it's nothing to do with gardai in a church being filmed at all.....

Just watched the update, it's a domestic, going through a marriage break up, he doesn't know where the kids are but I presume his ex does, they're trying to get infront of a judge this afternoon.
    They said the Guards said there was a court sitting on Saturday hence the Guards took the kids but they contacted Tusla and they said there was no court sitting.

Ah, sorry. I was being sarcastic.
    You don't know any details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

I assume they can take them straight away using the mental health act like they did in this circumstance.
    The Guards took the children not Tusla they must have had power to act under that law.

Gardai have the power, under section 12 of the Child Care Act 1991, to remove a child urgently from a situation for his or her safety and welfare. It's not something they do lightly. 100% there's more to this story.

So yeah....there is more to it.

It shows people should maybe wait for the full story to come out before jumping to conclusions... especially if the story is being spread by NP, Dee wall and Andy "Dyson" heasman

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    So in fact it's nothing to do with gardai in a church being filmed at all.....

I'd assume she used one of the kids being in the church to claim he was mental and they needed to be taken from him.

I'd assume she used one of the kids being in the church to claim he was mental and they needed to be taken from him.
    ...come on...dig up....

Don't make up more nonsense it doesn't help

I'd assume .

You know what they say about that! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Notmything

You can be imprisoned for 'hate speech' you can lose your job if don't bow to blm and the lgbt brigade. The next step will be taking your children from you.

There was a policeman in Sweden who pointed out most of the violent crime he was investigating was committed by immigrants and the state went after him. Our freedom is being eroded.

Unless you're living in Sweden this isn't relevant

• Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You'd be sacked for being a 'racist' or a 'transphobe'. You at what happened to JK Rowling. Imagine if she was a new writer? Her career would be over. And what was her crime?

With the government we have these idiotic hate speech laws where your 'victim' can decide you committed a hate crime just because he decides so. In Scotland they want people to eat on their families.

All very Big Brother.

Sure if you’d be sacked for those why not for putting ketchup on eggs?

You'd be sacked for being a 'racist' or a 'transphobe'. You at what happened to JK Rowling. Imagine if she was a new writer? Her career would be over. And what was her crime?

With the government we have these idiotic hate speech laws where your 'victim' can decide you committed a hate crime just because he decides so. In Scotland they want people to eat on their families.

All very Big Brother.

All absolute rubbish.

gmisk wrote: »
    So yeah....there is more to it.

That came from the man himself and Dwyer, there both sitting outside the Garda Station, you can find the video on Dwyer's telegram.

Well you know what they say about assuming.....

You're straying (further) into fantasy land now

The idea that the Gardaí would arrive and take away children just because their father filmed them the week before is preposterous. A decision like that involves many state agencies, lots of social workers, and every I dotted and T crossed.

Those heavily edited videos and one-side-of-the- story narratives are designed to outrage.

I also see little Justin Barrett was conveniently in the area at the time.

Gardai have powers to remove children from a family home for very specific reasons and it's not something done willy-nilly.

Tusla have to go through the courts to have a child placed in care.

If either of these actions were taken then there is a lot more going on than simply videoing a Garda.

Notmything wrote: »
    Gardai have powers to remove children from a family home for very specific reasons and it's not something done willy-nilly.

If either of these actions were taken then there is a lot more going on than simply videoing a Garda.

I think that theory has been put to bed now.

They've moved to a different conspiracy theory.

I think that theory has been put to bed now.

They've moved to a different conspiracy theory.

What happens when you point out the obvious flaws in their narrative.

Well you know what they say about assuming.....

I've mates who went through break ups nothing would shock me at this stage when it comes to crazy accusations, I've seen the guards act on them so it's all perfectly explainable.

Peter Springare. You know in Sweden they censor the crime stats so the Swedes can't find out how much crime is committed by immigrants?

Not censored. Not important.

• Advertisement

athlone573 wrote: »
    Remind us where it was that the Roma kid was taken away for being blonde?

And?

Oh yeah, so gardai fcuked up so clearly this is another case of them taking kids for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Notmything wrote: »

i'd have been inclined to agree with you prior to the Maurice McCabe scandal. That incident changed my opinion of what state agencies will stoop to when they have a mind to.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

DerekC16 wrote: »
    Tusla will probably hand his kids over to a homosexual couple. Seems to be high on their agenda at the moment.

No, they probably won't. And it's not high on their agenda at the moment.

Why did the police go to his house at 3 am?

Why did the police go to his house at 3 am?

Ah sure, probably just bored, hanging around, nothing better to do.......

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

If the man in question murdered his kids and killed himself wouldn't everyone be crying where is the gardai? Wouldn't everyone be quoting the same act as a reason to take the kids that they're now posting as a reason to be afraid of the gardai? Why do people think they own their children, we don't own our children, we cannot do whatever we want to and around our children.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

That came from the man himself and Dwyer, there both sitting outside the Garda Station, you can find the video on Dwyer's telegram.

And of course it's in their interest to be fully truthful about the whole story to their Twitter followers and not to work the story in their favour or leave out derails.......

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Overheal wrote: »
    Yawn.

Turns out he wasn’t “persecuted” and kept the job for the SEVENTEEN MONTHS after he started posting names of criminal suspects to Facebook and started insinuating conclusions about immigrants WHILE he was the head of preliminary investigations for his precinct. Thirteen months after that reassignment - 30 months after the post, he was paid severance and left.

Far from being “persecuted” he now is a member of government and a media columnist. Received television appearances over it too.

“Persecuted” lol

Thanks for posting that.

A clear case, Overheal, of "facts don't care about the poster's feelings".

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

:confused:
    Does anyone know what this means?

“I know how hard it is, to put food on your family.” - George W Bush.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Closing while I look through a large number of reports

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement