Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walrus in SPAAAAAAACE Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

LeVar :pac:

Tbh I very nearly went with this

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

fixXxer wrote: »

Cee_Jay/Air/Cosmic Trip

I usually find Air very boring to listen to so I wasn’t opening this with high hopes. It’s not bad though. A simple start that builds as it goes along. Very pleasant to listen to and I can absolutely get the space vibes from it. Hopeful 80’s Sci-Fi kinda vibe going on here. The problem I have with it is it doesn’t really build enough or to any kind of crescendo and maybe takes a little long to get going. It’s nice though but more background music while I’m doing something.

Ooh I like this.

Reberetta/The Pixies/Bird Dreams of Olympus Mons
    This was one I had thought of, and wondered to myself afterwards if I should have submitted it? "No" would appear to be the answer to that question (unless fixXxer is bluffing and there is a bottom three to be revealed at the end!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Trigger/Pearl Jam/Lightyears

I like Pearl Jam a lot, but like the Pixies on this list this wouldn’t be my first pick from their back catalogue. Its a great song, hits all the Pearl Jam highlights but I’ve heard it many many times at this stage. Might have to enact a Pearl Jam ban for you next Walrus triggs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Submitted it for the novelty alone, and fully expected last, so delighted with 15th and quite pleased to be clear of the bottom.

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    LeVar :pac:

Tbh I very nearly went with this

Oh god I've not heard that in years!

Speckle/Two Skinne Js/Pluto

Fun little song. Rap isn't really my thing but this was fun to listen to. I just never found myself thinking about it during the day like I did with other songs on the list.

Homer J Fong/Nicolas Jaar/Space Is Only Noise

I think I hated this song the first time I listened to it. It's grown on me slowly over time. There’s a nice muddy, dirty Gorillaz vibe to it that I can appreciate. The bleepy bloopy bits were a bit jarring. Something about the vocals reminds me too much of Teacher Steve Small from Gunmball. Also, drug use does not equals SPAAAAAAAACE guys!

tumblr_phlk50EJDL1v672p3_1280.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I would like to point out that even though its MAY THE FOURTH DAY, no one sent in a Star Wars themed song.

Just after catching up on the reveal so far.

I cannot believe it, I actually said in my PM that I was tempted to submit the Star Wars theme but expected a load of people to do so.

769646480.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Trigger/Pearl Jam/Lightyears

I like Pearl Jam a lot, but like the Pixies on this list this wouldn’t be my first pick from their back catalogue. Its a great song, hits all the Pearl Jam highlights but I’ve heard it many many times at this stage. Might have to enact a Pearl Jam ban for you next Walrus triggs :pac:

Neverrrrrrrrrr!!

Just for you :D

• Advertisement

It's Beautiful!

Like ME.

giphy.gif

ShaneU/ELO/Twilight

Left field pick from ShaneU. Upbeat high tempo. Has those synthesiser sounds that make you think of Flash Gordon. I like this, but I dont LOVE it. Perfect mid-table track.

WE ARE NOW ENTERING THE TOP 10

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I don't believe it fixXxer

giphy.gif

Still waiting to see the special 22nd place reserved for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Hands off my spoon! :p

HillyBilly4/M83/Starwaves

It’s hard to explain why I like songs sometimes. Tracks like this just move something inside you and you either love them or hate them. I think this is fantastic. I could almost feel myself skimming through the rings of Saturn while listening to this, witnessing the wonders of the universe.

ari101 wrote: »
    Hands off my spoon! :p

15683032_833762546763444_1860599181_n.gif

giphy.gif

Um

Um

tenor.gif

Also, drug use does not equals SPAAAAAAAACE guys!

Maybe you just haven't tried the right drugs. :pac:

But yeah, the word "space" in the title was about the extent of the connection.

The other option was this:

• Advertisement

FFS Homer I love that song. I sing it with the kids all the time.

FFS Homer I love that song. I sing it with the kids all the time.

Wouldn't be fair to win two FixXxrus's in a row, I had to give someone else a chance. :cool:

Necro/The Prodigy/Outer Space

Another user who seems to see the word space and think of recreational drug use :D It’s a great tune. Old school Prodigy has a lot to offer. High speed electronic beats get the blood pumping and the sudden tempo change keeps it interesting. Having said that, it suffers a bit from familiarity, but not as much as I thought it would. Choon!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Necro/The Prodigy/Outer Space

...Choon!
    Choon indeed :D

Kolido/Megadeth/Hanger 18

Now this is a song that speaks to my soul. You know what you’re getting with Megadeth. Lovely metal riffs, noodly guitar solos and that trademark Mustaine sneer. There’s not much else I can put here. If you like guitars then you probably already know this song. I know it well but it's too good to have mid table.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

ShaneU/ELO/Twilight

Left field pick from ShaneU. Upbeat high tempo. Has those synthesiser sounds that make you think of Flash Gordon. I like this, but I dont LOVE it. Perfect mid-table track.

Love ELO and this track - thanks for the reminder!

JP_Liz V1/Kate Bush/Hello Earth

This is a wonderful song. Listen to it with headphones on with no one to disturb you and you can get carried away on its ethereal sounds. It’s the kind of song that gives you chills when you listen to it. I wouldn’t put it on as background noise while I’m working, it deserves my full attention. Excellent pick JP_Liz V1 who is named after a rocket.

aaronjennings/Murray Gold/The Shepards Boy

I’ve never watched Dr. Who. I’ve never seen the appeal from the snippets that I’ve caught over the years, so I have no attachment to it or its music. Having said that, this was a very enjoyable instrumental piece. It has a lovely flow to it, moving along with a purpose. It kinda made me think of a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western in places with the beat. The different layers move together and build to a rousing finish. A very enjoyable listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,242 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Woo Hoo in the top 10, I'm glad you liked Kate Bush

• Advertisement

TOP FIVE

Advertisement