Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub3k) of the week/day Part 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Alfa is an absolute stunner.... Gorgeous cars, I'm pissed at myself for not buying 2 166 V6 I came across years ago been sold for buttons, I was young and stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Alfa is an absolute stunner.... Gorgeous cars, I'm pissed at myself for not buying 2 166 V6 I came across years ago been sold for buttons, I was young and stupid.

Seller obviously likes his cars also, Is that a merc cosworth on the drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Seller obviously likes his cars also, Is that a merc cosworth on the drive?

Looks like his neighbor has a 190e alright but don't think it's a cosworth

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

You'd regret the 1.8 though, so gutless

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2008 Toyota prius auto

1850 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/23978662

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

bear1 wrote: »
    You'd regret the 1.8 though, so gutless

According to this page, 1.8l MPi is the most reliable of all the engines and combinations of 159s. It looks like this owner knows his cars and this looks like a great buy.

I am not in the market for a saloon car otherwise I could have been tempted. Althought, a friend had a diesel 159 back towards the end of 2000s and he had so many issues with it, it was a disaster! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-prius-hybrid-1-6-automatic/28308089

ZmI5ZTRjNDk0ODc3M2ZlYTAzNjZlNTg1ZjE2NDI0OTeNwAEMrCHmFK3IWT5v9zBUaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xODI0NTI4MDJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

08 Prius, same owner since 2013, NCT til February next year and tax til the end of the year (€190 tax), €1900

This is an absolute bargain, and vastly underpriced by the current seller. €4k worth all day long IMO

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-prius-hybrid-1-6-automatic/28308089

ZmI5ZTRjNDk0ODc3M2ZlYTAzNjZlNTg1ZjE2NDI0OTeNwAEMrCHmFK3IWT5v9zBUaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xODI0NTI4MDJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

08 Prius, same owner since 2013, NCT til February next year and tax til the end of the year (€190 tax), €1900

This is an absolute bargain, and vastly underpriced by the current seller. €4k worth all day long IMO

The same before on adverts ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

If that car drives fine that is a bargain.

I think the seller lowered the price due to those little blemishes on the body, but that's not an issue if otherwise drives fine.

Not to mention full wack of nct and tax.

Will be gone soon. Unless there is a problem with it, but looks like honest ad. Too honest.

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    The same before on adverts ðŸ˜

And of course there is an offer on adverts.

Generous 1000 offer lol. Some people have no dignity, especially on adverts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

wonski wrote: »
    And of course there is an offer on adverts.

Generous 1000 offer lol. Some people have no dignity, especially on adverts.

I'd nearly go in and offer 1800 for the craic just to annoy that clown with his 1000 offer but dont wanna waste sellers time. Cant ever see myself using adverts. Every time I see an offer it's a ridiculous lowball one

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SummerK

2008 Toyota prius auto

1850 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/23978662

Good find kalkat. Looks like a good car and I am thinking whether to go for it for my wife who is learning driving. At 4.4m, I think it's going to a bit bigger for her. But its a great car at that price point if there's no issue.

SummerK wrote: »
    Good find kalkat. Looks like a good car and I am thinking whether to go for it for my wife who is learning driving. At 4.4m, I think it's going to a bit bigger for her. But its a great car at that price point if there's no issue.

And duke..
    Being so near I would check it without hesitation
    If later is too big you will get back all your cash

With the lads saying it's well under priced, you could do worse than buy it and if she doesn't warm to it, sell it on again and make your money back with interest.

Obviously I'm not in your position but its something to be considered imo.

Hah, I just noticed kalkat posted the Prius two posts above mind :o Apologies

They are superb cars but probably not great for a learned, rear visibility is very poor..it might pick up a few more bumps and scrapes!

Very very reliable though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Learning to drive in an automatic means she can only drive automatics. Taking the test in a manual makes car choice easier in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

dobman88 wrote: »
    With the lads saying it's well under priced, you could do worse than buy it and if she doesn't warm to it, sell it on again and make your money back with interest.

Obviously I'm not in your position but its something to be considered imo.

Ah here..... You'll have all the detectives on here saying "that changed hands only a few months ago, must be something wrong with it" :)

Hah, I just noticed kalkat posted the Prius two posts above mind :o Apologies

Come on we need you ;)

And duke..
    Being so near I would check it without hesitation
    If later is too big you will get back all your cash
    I live in Cork, so it would be click and collect for me :p
    If i plan to go-ahead, will deal it over phone as honestly I won't be able to travel 250+km to check it.
    Hybrid battery would only be the cause of concern as their life is around 12-15 years and cost a couple of grand to replace is what I heard.

• Advertisement

Learning to drive in an automatic means she can only drive automatics. Taking the test in a manual makes car choice easier in the future.

Feck. I missed that it was auto. Definitely better to learn in a manual alright.

They are superb cars but probably not great for a learned, rear visibility is very poor..it might pick up a few more bumps and scrapes!

Very very reliable though

Perhaps the reason you cited duke is why I am in two minds about Prius. I am of the opinion that a Fiesta or a Polo Automatic (she wants automatic) would be a better first car for her but finding a good one at 3-4k price point is turning to be difficult. Later she can drive my 530e is what I've told her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I live in Cork, so it would be click and collect for me :p
    If i plan to go-ahead, will deal it over phone as honestly I won't be able to travel 250+km to check it.
    Hybrid battery would only be the cause of concern as their life is around 12-15 years and cost a couple of grand to replace is what I heard.
    The Honda Civic hybrid, though uglier to many, is a far better hybrid (in that the dreaded battery replacement won't be met) for smaller money (So says Scotty).
    https://youtu.be/AubzD4HN6V0

Clonmel
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-hybrid/27891719

What's the value of 1.6 Prius with dead batteries?

It's probably still worth close to asking, no?

Prius is sold now! Was it you SummerK?

Perhaps the reason you cited duke is why I am in two minds about Prius. I am of the opinion that a Fiesta or a Polo Automatic (she wants automatic) would be a better first car for her but finding a good one at 3-4k price point is turning to be difficult. Later she can drive my 530e is what I've told her :D

I offered asking price but I was told it was sold few minutes before I called.

Prius is sold now! Was it you SummerK?
    No Duke. Probably I was few minutes late to call. Bad timing I suppose.

Nissan Micra automatic with nct done last month, but backdated to October 21. 7 previous owners. What not to like?

€2100

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/micra-automatic-fresh-nct-full-service/28310407

2003 Vw golf petrol 1.6
    Low miles
    Maybe overpriced but I like it
    1995 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/23980751

• Advertisement

2007 honda civic 1.8 vtec
    Short nct to be considered
    1250 eur.

http://www.adverts.ie/23979029