Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub3k) of the week/day Part 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

If you can see past the mileage, and live with a few scrapes on that wing, this could be a reasonably decent (albeit slightly risky) buy

I can smell the mart from here :D and the dog had a good chew on the gear knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Ex taxi would be my bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Yeah, tough one, i think the price is maybe a shade too high still. In reality the body is in flitters all down the drivers side and once the newness wears off that NCT cert and the car changes hands it would become very close to worthless very very quickly.

Wouldn't be afraid of it though by any means. If it was €1500 ish, i'd say it'd drive on no bothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,068 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-renault-scenic-1-5-dci-tom-tom/28254609

51225014856_dbecb90d6e_z.jpg

Tidy looking Mk3 Scenic TomTom with NCT til May 2022 for €1750

We don't get too many decent family cars/MPVs in this thread, this looks alright for the money

A former FIL had one of those of that vintage. Had the pleasure of tootling up and down to Kerry on numerous occasions in it. Definitely a fan of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-508-estate-top-spec-nctd/28134116

51226089835_9c59f432be_z.jpg

51225020711_d95e1f13b3_z.jpg

2011 508 estate with NCT all the way til May 2023, €1950

If you can see past the mileage, and live with a few scrapes on that wing, this could be a reasonably decent (albeit slightly risky) buy

400k km is fairly impressive going for one of those 1.6 HDI engines all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2004 honda civic 1.4 petrol low mileage

800eur

http://www.adverts.ie/24008775

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/alfa-romeo-156/28342331

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJrZXkiOiJwaG90b18xODI4NTExNzIiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsid2lkdGgiOjYwMCwiaGVpZ2h0Ijo2MDAsImZpdCI6Imluc2lkZSJ9fX0=?signature=8eafd878d4233735e23ad0303df66675eb63c54e2d0029f3230fc5ba649cbd97

Normally wouldn't bother with one of these, but this colour is class

NCT til May 2022, tax til July, no mention of history etc, €1350

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    and the dog had a good chew on the gear knob.

I can confirm i am *still* extremely immature

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Not even 100k miles on that Alfa!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/alfa-romeo-156/28342331

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJrZXkiOiJwaG90b18xODI4NTExNzIiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsid2lkdGgiOjYwMCwiaGVpZ2h0Ijo2MDAsImZpdCI6Imluc2lkZSJ9fX0=?signature=8eafd878d4233735e23ad0303df66675eb63c54e2d0029f3230fc5ba649cbd97

Normally wouldn't bother with one of these, but this colour is class

NCT til May 2022, tax til July, no mention of history etc, €1350

Nice find, if it was sportwagon with 1.8ts I would be definitely going to check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Nice find, if it was sportwagon with 1.8ts I would be definitely going to check it out.

1.6 feels quick too. I did big miles in one. Loves being revved

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

bazz26 wrote: »
    400k km is fairly impressive going for one of those 1.6 HDI engines all the same.

400k KM is impressive on any engine.
    In reality I am with you on "irish" 1.6 non cared for pug diesels. Oil pick up filter is too fine and usually ends up in a turbo failure due to oil starvation and lack of oil changes - or as we Irish people like to put it "yea, has history up to about 100k miles or so!"
    The oil type is also quite important also (low ash content oil) - whatever is the recommended oil.
    If that engine was well oiled and cared for and serviced up on the spot - they are well capable of that mileage. They are riddled throughout Europe in everything from ford focus, volvo s40's, to vans and a host of Citroen cars also, not to mention the peugeot fleet. They are in fact a very popular and reliable engine (when cared for)

I personally am a huge fan of the pug diesel - on my 3rd one (albeit a 2.0)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Never drove one, had 2 with 1.8ts and loved it. Loves being revved is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

KevRossi wrote: »
    This A2 1.4 TDi has a lot going for it, but the big mileage (450 tkm) would put many off. It has a longish NCT to Feb 2022 and it's €1,000.
    I get the feeling for some reason that it's been well looked after during its life.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a2-1-4-tdi-nct-02-22/28134161

NDRjYjlhZWMwYTk2YzgwNWIxMmMxN2MwMjUxZTNiNDBVFPZJ3Ujt9JKpXLona3fFaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xODA0ODExMjJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

A very cool car and a car that was way ahead of it's time. I think the only wrong thing Audi done with it back then was the bonnet with the engine not been easy to access and I get what they were at but I think it put many buyers and owners off ever buying one. If it was now I think people would not care less as it would probably have an electric powerunit anyway but back then most people wanted to see the engine in there car.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭User1998

I would have thought the fact it was considered hideous until very recently would have put most buyers off, not the lack of access to the engine

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

User1998 wrote: »
    I would have thought the fact it was considered hideous until very recently would have put most buyers off, not the lack of access to the engine

Ah they always had a following, they looked fugly of course, hell still do but something about the design s futuristic and been made of aluminium no danger of most of it rusting....

Definitely a future classic if one can get one with low mileage and keep.

I wouldn't mind that one but it needs alloys.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

There’s no lack of access to the engine in the A2. There’s arguably GREATER access to the engine, given that there’s no bonnet in the way once you open it up. Two handy latches to undo, and it slides off with little effort. It’s a light aluminium affair - the only hassle is where to set it down.

Always fancied them - since they appeared on billboards when new. Never considered it fugly, but I do like an individual looking car. I’ve had one for six years - great little tardis of a car, and the TDI is pokey with a remap.

Edit: Black isn’t the best colour for them. The high waist design works better with more contrast with the glass. Dolphin grey ftw.

alastair wrote: »
    There’s no lack of access to the engine in the A2. There’s arguably GREATER access to the engine, given that there’s no bonnet in the way once you open it up. Two handy latches to undo, and it slides off with little effort. It’s a light aluminium affair - the only hassle is where to set it down.

Always fancied them - since they appeared on billboards when new. Never considered it fugly, but I do like an individual looking car. I’ve had one for six years - great little tardis of a car, and the TDI is pokey with a remap.

Edit: Black isn’t the best colour for them. The high waist design works better with more contrast with the glass. Dolphin grey ftw.

I meant that in a good way by the way, there was something about them, remember seeing them on the road 1st and was like that's definitely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

agreed i had one in T.i spec lovely car drove it up and down the country, wasnt without its quirks though, fuel gauge worked when it felt like it but never ran out in it and the fog light used switch itself on whenever it felt like it and the drivers electric seat failed but luckily in a comfortable position but id glady have it back anyday of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭rn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

rn wrote: »

Or 'here's pictures of my car.... You can't really see it because it's dark'!!,

FFS, there is about 18 hours daylight at the moment every day, and you're taking pictures in the dark!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Or 'here's pictures of my car.... You can't really see it because it's dark'!!,

FFS, there is about 18 hours daylight at the moment every day, and you're taking pictures in the dark!

At least you know the lights are working :)

Gents, a family member is looking for something along the lines of a Fluence, S40 etc for about €2-2500 in Dublin.

What else is worth looking at with that sort of budget, I’m kind of at a loss. Pretty much every Golf or Focus seems to be dirt. Petrol or diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭rn

Gents, a family member is looking for something along the lines of a Fluence, S40 etc for about €2-2500 in Dublin.

What else is worth looking at with that sort of budget, I’m kind of at a loss. Pretty much every Golf or Focus seems to be dirt. Petrol or diesel
    What about the 1.8 petrol saloon civic?

Avensis or corolla or Prius
    Megane or fluence good bet I'd say.
    Octavia or superb but probably have huge miles.
    Something Suzuki sx4
    Mistsi lancer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭elperello

These have quite a following and this looks like a good one.

Could be a bit of lacquer peel but NCT'd to March €600.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-corolla/28375226

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

elperello wrote: »
    These have quite a following and this looks like a good one.

Could be a bit of lacquer peel but NCT'd to March €600.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-corolla/28375226

284000+ miles! Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Post 2008 Lancer are a decent motor.
    I have a '08 1.5 petrol with 240k kms at the moment.
    Can't fault it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Should the Opel Astra be mentioned or have they gone so bad as to be unmentionable

Advertisement