Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€950~ build advice

Options
  • 03-05-2021 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭

Hello! I've managed to piece together a build despite the GPU shortage occuring at the moment, and I'd appreciate any and all advice on it:

PC Parts List.png

Most of my PC will be bought from caseking.de and https://direkt.jacob.de/. If anybody has had much experience with them I'd love to hear it. Luckily I managed to source a GTX1080 from a friend, so on that front I'm ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

It seems fine bar the PSU, I'm trusting you've measured out the cpu cooler, ram, GPU etc. to make sure they all fit together inside the case you've chosen.

I realise you're limited to small form factor PSU's and what you've chosen should work with the 1080, but you might be limiting your future upgrade potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Swap CPU for Intel Core i5-10400F (€152).

CPU cooler is probably overkill - might as well get something cheaper like be quiet! Pure Rock Slim (€22.50).

ADATA are being a big scummy with their SSDs with regards to the controllers.
    I'd get something with known speeds, e.g. Corsair MP510 or Crucial P5.

If you're willing to have a slightly larger case, check out the Phanteks P200A - it can fit full-size ATX PSUs albeit by being a 29L case compared to 20L.

Advertisement