Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone TV - Yay or Nay?

• 04-05-2021 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

Have been offered a really good deal on this.

Just wondering if its any good / reliable?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

Might have improved in the few years since I had it but it was unusable for me. The service was so bad that they came and uninstalled it for me after 4/5 months and cancelled the contract free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Butson

A ringing endorsement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I’ve had it for a good few years and it’s grand. Never have any issues with dodgy signals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭galtee boy

I had it for about 2 years and it never gave me an ounce of trouble. Only reason I got rid of it, was that they downgraded the BBC channels from HD to SD and that was a deal breaker for me. They've since reinstated them in HD, but I think you must buy the bonus HD pack to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I had it before moving to Virgin for faster broadband and it's grand, worked and never game me any trouble. In my experience better than VMs old Horizon TV. Multiroom boxes work completely over wifi, box while cheaper looking than a Horizon box was quicker to respond. It's not VM360 or SkyQ experience, but it's fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Round Cable

galtee boy wrote: »
    I had it for about 2 years and it never gave me an ounce of trouble. Only reason I got rid of it, was that they downgraded the BBC channels from HD to SD and that was a deal breaker for me. They've since reinstated them in HD, but I think you must buy the bonus HD pack to get them.

Vodafone have recently added the BBC HD channels back to the basic TV package.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭cloudhopper19

I just switched over to Voafone SIRO broadband with TV 2 weeks ago after 20+ years with Sky. I was slightly apprehensive at first jumping into the unknown but I can't fault it. You might not get all the filler channels sky give or some of the sky channels but the value for money is amazing. The box is fast and responsive, all the channels I watch in general on it, you can set up profiles for different people in the house with personalised EPG's. BBC's are now in HD and free to all. Menu's and guided clear and easy to navigate and use. If you want to the sky channels you can get them through the entertainment pack on NOW for 7.50 a month. Massive saving over paying SKY for them.

I use the multiroom product also and am very happy with it, haven't had any drop outs unlike my sky multiroom which was forever loosing signal and became unusable. Vodafone rep did say they will launch a 4k box later in the year which will be available to existing customers also.

Would recommend.

I just switched over to Voafone SIRO broadband with TV 2 weeks ago after 20+ years with Sky. I was slightly apprehensive at first jumping into the unknown but I can't fault it. You might not get all the filler channels sky give or some of the sky channels but the value for money is amazing. The box is fast and responsive, all the channels I watch in general on it, you can set up profiles for different people in the house with personalised EPG's. BBC's are now in HD and free to all. Menu's and guided clear and easy to navigate and use. If you want to the sky channels you can get them through the entertainment pack on NOW for 7.50 a month. Massive saving over paying SKY for them.

I use the multiroom product also and am very happy with it, haven't had any drop outs unlike my sky multiroom which was forever loosing signal and became unusable. Vodafone rep did say they will launch a 4k box later in the year which will be available to existing customers also.

Would recommend.

Thanks for this. Got it in last week and impressed so far. Sure, its not as slick as Sky Q but has everything you need, is easy to navigate and not as pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

I'm with vodafone TV...Is their movie pack any use or are there any better options out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I'm with vodafone TV...Is their movie pack any use or are there any better options out there?

Well they just have sky movies. I use nowtv for the movies but only get them in occasionally, handy as the movies can be played on demand. It’s better than having a rolling sub I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Just got the install today for TV and Internet. Signed up about a a month ago.

Before I explode, just checking am I missing something.... The rep told me (after I asked him) does it still have the Netflix, Disney and prime apps. A resounding "oh yeah it has all that".

Seems I just have Netflix and no way to install other apps. Can somebody tell me I have it wrong and missing something obvious??

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

FFS.

I've 2 toddlers here who watch a lot on YouTube or Disney+

Firestick time maybe??

A nice combination.

Vodafone for all the live stuff and record, Firestick for ......other.

Advertisement