Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoreline MVC

Options
  • 04-05-2021 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody in Wicklow has had an appointment for their Covid-19 vaccination at the Shoreline Leisure Centre MVC in Greystones?

I'm in Bray and have just got an appointment for 2 days time in the Aviva. I thought the Greystones centre was all up and running, so it would make more sense to send people from Bray there I'd have thought?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Alun wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody in Wicklow has had an appointment for their Covid-19 vaccination at the Shoreline Leisure Centre MVC in Greystones?

I'm in Bray and have just got an appointment for 2 days time in the Aviva. I thought the Greystones centre was all up and running, so it would make more sense to send people from Bray there I'd have thought?

big thread on the Greystones Open Forum about the same thing - people from Greystones being given appointments at the Aviva (and over the weekend too, when the Darts weren't running).
    No idea why, what's the point of the Shoreline vax centre so?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, it's pretty annoying alright. I've an appointment just after 9am too which means negotiating the, albeit lessened due to Covid, morning traffic in an area I'm completely unfamiliar with, so very difficult to time my departure to arrive on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

It is up and running okay. No signs of any queues there though.
    Car park is busy but it seems some of that is school traffic together with people parking there while exercising in the area.
    Seems to be only a few clients going in for vaccination any time I passed.
    Maybe there are only a couple of bays operating.
    I have heard of a few from Greystones getting appointments in Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

some people on the GOF saying now it's only being used for south Wicklow and North Wexford folks, due to the centre in Arklow not being up and running. But it also sounds like they don't have Shoreline fully staffed up either.

Advertisement