Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E MTB availability

Options
  • 04-05-2021 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭

After recently trying out a friend's e mtb, I am completely smitten.

But, I can't find anything available online. Im not too u to speed on brands etc but ideally I'd like a vittus esommet as I have a sommet already.

Anyone know or anything comparable that you can actually buy? Would consider second hand also, but ideally wouldn't like to spend more than 4k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

https://vitusbikes.com/pages/2021-vitus-bikes-stock-availability

This is being kept up to date, but nothing for the next 4 weeks.
    Just so your aware if your in the republic of Ireland, chainreaction would not ship ebikes in January this year. They would however accept ordering one into the store in belfast for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

canyon have a good range as well, I have the e grand canyon and love it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

ec18 wrote: »
    canyon have a good range as well, I have the e grand canyon and love it

Cheers, should have added I want a full sus. How are you finding it in terms of reliability? I've been reading lots of cases of warranty work being needed on motors etc (across all brands)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

I think the Propain one is available. 5+K. Savage bike though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

mad turnip wrote: »
    https://vitusbikes.com/pages/2021-vitus-bikes-stock-availability

This is being kept up to date, but nothing for the next 4 weeks.
    Just so your aware if your in the republic of Ireland, chainreaction would not ship ebikes in January this year. They would however accept ordering one into the store in belfast for collection.

Yeah this is not still the case I got a Vitus E-sommet last month no issues. What I would say OP is click on the notification on the CRC website so you are notified when they are back in stock - and you need to be ready to pounce pretty quick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

Alkers wrote: »
    Cheers, should have added I want a full sus. How are you finding it in terms of reliability? I've been reading lots of cases of warranty work being needed on motors etc (across all brands)

Well the neuron:on looks a great bike as well if you wanted a full sus. I love it I've had no problems with the motor or battery. I get 4 loops around the coillte loop at ticknock out of a charge.

Hardtails are the best btw :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Finally took delivery of a E-Sommet VR this week am on leave for the next two weeks so won't get to use it but I'm almost afraid to, it's so perfect!

Have always bought second hand prior to this so a new bike is a new experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Some of the issues people have had are due to jet washing their bikes without thinking about the impact it may have on the motor etc.

Got an e-bike earlier this year and have had no issues. Really enjoying it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement