Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My 6 months old girl may be away from me for one month. Is this a concern ?

Options
  • 04-05-2021 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys,

Long story short : my wife is about to travel with our 6 months old daughter with the purpose of visiting family in Spain (her home country).

The plan is that she goes alone first and then I meet her there after two weeks (I cant travel with her before due to my work).

With all the uncertainty caused by COVID, I am concerned that due to some reasons, I may not be able to travel and hence I won't see my daughter for one month.

Is there a risk in my relationship / bonding with her ? I feel like our bonding has really improved recently as she likes to be around me and play. Will not seeing her 2 weeks or one month damage that ? Has anyone here lived a similar thing ?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

It won't damage your relationship in the longterm because you will pick up where you left off. She may make strange with you after not seeing you for a while but that will settle once she realises you aren't leaving her again. Try video calling her and get your partner to continue mentioning dada to her. Six months is very young so you may not notice any difference in your relationship but you will notice how much she developed/ grew in two weeks/ a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lmkrnr

Wait till they are older a month break will be welcomed lol. You will miss them but stop worrying its normal for lots of families due to work ect and they are all fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

My mom was hospitalised for a month when my sister was a baby (I was a toddler). We stayed with my grandparents and my sister was calling my grandmother mama by the end and was very strange with mom when she saw her again but didn’t impact their relationship Longterm. This was the 80’s so pre-mobile and video calling obviously. Plenty of ways to keep in touch with her now which will help her “remember” you. It will be harder on you than on her.

Advertisement