Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renting in Limerick

• 04-05-2021 6:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend website (apart from Daft or MyHome) for renting?

Comments

Can anyone recommend website (apart from Daft or MyHome) for renting?

I've used simplyrent.ie in the past,and had a great experience with them.Limerick Residential Lettings is another one I know off hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

TXinLK wrote: »
    I've used simplyrent.ie in the past,and had a great experience with them.Limerick Residential Lettings is another one I know off hand.
    They are both letting agents rather than websites. There really is none other than Daft. Try Facebook. There is a page there (Rent in Limerick) people use to advertise rooms to let.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

You've rent.ie as well

sioda wrote: »
    You've rent.ie as well

rent.ie = daft.ie

rent.ie = daft.ie

Weirdly I've seen property on rent that wasn't on daft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

There is a Limerick Facebook page?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Lads tiz nearly impossible at the moment to get a place that is reasonable. My definition of reasonable would be the 600-700 mark. Probably asking for too much. In the event that we couldn’t find a place what would be the best thing to do. I’ve applied for council housing this week but assume that takes a fair while.

YFlyer wrote: »
    There is a Limerick Facebook page?
    If you are referring to rental property in Limerick, then yes. It's actually a group rather than a page.

Lads tiz nearly impossible at the moment to get a place that is reasonable. My definition of reasonable would be the 600-700 mark. Probably asking for too much. In the event that we couldn’t find a place what would be the best thing to do. I’ve applied for council housing this week but assume that takes a fair while.
    Those with children get prioritised. A single person with no dependants could be waiting for up to fifteen tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

You haven’t a hope of getting anything for that money.

The worst of the worst apartments would make a grand.

The only people paying less (and there’s loads) are people renting years.

• Advertisement

When you see apartments in the courtyard in Mount Kenneth looking for a grand or more you know there is something awfully wrong with the Limerick rental market.

Between poor insulation crappy old storage heaters that have been there since they were built these old apartments are a money sink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

chicorytip wrote: »
    If you are referring to rental property in Limerick, then yes. It's actually a group rather than a page.

Rent in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I use an agent to let my place. Being a landlord isn't the land of milk and honey like some would have you think. It's very very easy rent it but getting good tenants isn't as easy.

I would suggest going to a letting agent and asking them to find you something. If you are professional, appear trustworthy etc they will be able to find you something rather than fighting through the masses.

I use an agent to let my place. Being a landlord isn't the land of milk and honey like some would have you think. It's very very easy rent it but getting good tenants isn't as easy.

I would suggest going to a letting agent and asking them to find you something. If you are professional, appear trustworthy etc they will be able to find you something rather than fighting through the masses.
    Do you give instructions or guidelines to the agent handling the letting for you with regard to the type of tenant you would favour? Many estate agents discriminate, it appears, against welfare recipients and want to avoid dealing with the HAP and the regulations involved. You use the words "if you are professional" in your post. Does that imply your preferred candidate would be somebody in full time employment with work and previous landlord references or not?

chicorytip wrote: »
    Do you give instructions or guidelines to the agent handling the letting for you with regard to the type of tenant you would favour? Many estate agents discriminate, it appears, against welfare recipients and want to avoid dealing with the HAP and the regulations involved. You use the words "if you are professional" in your post. Does that imply your preferred candidate would be somebody in full time employment with work and previous landlord references or not?

I have no idea. That's why I have an agent do it all. I'm handing over an asset worth hundred of thousands of euro to a stranger. I want someone who will respect it as their own and will pay the rent and I pay an agent a handsome fee every month to give me that piece of mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Thanks for the tip. Its been 5 years since we’ve had to go looking but I have references from previous landlords. Ive always tried my best to leave the house in better condition than I got it. Id usually take photos of a before/after which I always found helped a lot, especially if there was a garden. Id always have cleaned it up and set flowers or given a lick of paint before moving out.

As a landlord, what would your priorities be when getting a house back from a tenant? Even though ots not our choice to move this time (landlord is selling) I still want to hand back the place in tip-top condition. I have set a lot of plants like strawberries, raspberries and other berries and made a little wooden steps and flower area out the back so it is in much better condition than when we moved in (from a landscaping perspective at least).

Funny story - I remember one landlord we had when living in Dublin. We got a house for a year that was dirt cheap but fairly run down. We didnt mind as we were going abroad the following year and the landlord was aware of this. There was a bit of a run-down glass house out the back so i asked him if he would mind if we got a few hens. He said he didnt give a **** if we put an elephant in there as long as we paid our rent. We got 3 hems anyway and when letting them off Out the back into their new pasture (a small back yard in Finglas) one of the hens flew out into the neighbours garden. Good memories.

Finished up watching the James Bomd Junior series recently with my son. They never did get Scum Lord. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The place I used to live in are still raising rents and the last one went in apparently two days before Christmas last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dag12

I am a medical doctor trying to find accommodation close to University Hospital, but it seems impossible. All I am tryng to find is a clean 3 bedroom apartment/house in Raheen/Dooradoyle. There is barely 30 properties in the whole of Limerick city.

Dag12 wrote: »
    I am a medical doctor trying to find accommodation close to University Hospital, but it seems impossible. All I am tryng to find is a clean 3 bedroom apartment/house in Raheen/Dooradoyle. There is barely 30 properties in the whole of Limerick city.

PM sent.

Advertisement