Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze Deals (NIRL Edition)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭Sono

Was going to head up this weekend but I am after missing their bank holiday last weekend so no major deals on, raging.

I see Tesco have an even better deal on the Heineken 15 pack of cans, £10 with the clubcard which is excellent.

I don't have an NI clubcard but have photo of one with a QR code sent by a friend, has anyone ever tried this and will it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Thanks Seve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

wouldn’t accept the screen shot of card number manually in enniskillen there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

I used the clubcard that was posted on page 2 of this thread in Tesco Banbridge today. Worked with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,776 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Having a 'legit' Clubcard on the app is problematic too, if you have not used it in a few weeks it sometimes asks you to enter 4 digits of the card for security reasons. There's also regular updates to the app which after about 4-5 it kills off the old versions. Always best to double check the app before making the journey, have been nearly stung a few times. I manually download the latest apk file and instal from that.

Tesco currently selling 18x440ml of Carling for £12 with Clubcard until 15th July, all the cans have the deposit return logo on them so qualify for a €2.70 'rebate' for every pack when you put the cans in a reverse vending machine down south.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

it was till worker wouldn’t allow it,

M

Heineken 15x440ml back at 2 for £22 in Sainsburys until 14th July. Also includes 15x440ml Budweiser. No Nectar card needed to avail of the offer.

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/heinekenbeer/heineken-lager-15x440ml

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

same for me in Enniskillen . Would not accept screen shots, even tho the till recognised the card. I asked the person behind me to use their card. The one on the till was raging. I told her it was my wife’s card!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I have my UK card loaded into my Google wallet. Worked grand the time I used it in Newry but had loads of problems in Banbridge. Might redownload for next trip up. 25% off 6+ wine is on again at the moment according to hot UK deals app

M

Heineken 15x440ml £12 in Tesco from today, slightly more than Sainsburys 2 for £22 at the moment.

25% off 6 bottles back in Tesco and Sainsbury's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭JVince

Unlikely to be accepted by the machines. The re-turn logo is built into the design of the can, but the barcode is printed during the filling process. Literally a click on a button to change it.

They most likely have a different barcode for NI / UK.

M

They have the Re-Turn logo on them and the same barcode as used down here, I've put them through the machines without any issue. Dual IRL/UK alcohol units on the cans too, I guess they did some deal with Re-Turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭bassy

Asda doing 18x440 for 12.00 cash price

• Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭bassy

Carling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

if you've a screenshot of a card, just use the self scanners..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭championc

Or add the card into the Stocard app

Or Google wallet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,268 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Silly price on Guinness 12 x 440ml £6.43

https://groceries.asda.com/product/stout/guinness-draught-in-can/1000383183470

Edit: next morning now £17

Post edited by zell12 on

Advertisement