Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deer hunting licence question

• 04-05-2021 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Anyone know of i could get folio numbers or a farmers land if iv got his name or is it even legal for me to go lucking for them as iv got the permission but they have misled them,

Any information is welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Use landdirect.ie - follow the link below and log in as a guest.
    It takes a bit of messing around but you'll get the just of it.

https://www.landdirect.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

Farmers don’t mislay their folio numbers. I don’t know any farmer that doesn’t know their folio number off memory. They have their folio number on various paper work linked to their farming business readily available to them.

"Farmers don’t mislay their folio numbers"

Sharpyshoot not nessacerraly true.

I've come across alot of land owners who won't have thier folio numbers to hand but are very eager to give you permission or have a section 42 exercised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,088 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

They'll have their herd /flock number off by memory quicker than the folio and in some cases land registery number from my experiance.:pac:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Sharpyshoot not nessacerraly true.

I've come across alot of land owners who won't have thier folio numbers to hand but are very eager to give you permission or have a section 42 exercised.

Did folio numbers change or were farmers using the "wrong ones".

A few years back the NPWS contacted me during a renewal and said the folio i'd been using for over a decade was now not linked to the lands. They suggested using landdirect above to check. When i did the folio number was indeed different to the one i'd been using.

What made me scratch my head was how did the previous one work before and what happened that made it change or no longer be correct?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,088 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Possibly an old land registry number updated to a folio number?:confused:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Possibly an old land registry number updated to a folio number?:confused:

More likely a department official being more attentive than the previous person who did the task.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

I did a bit of reading and theres definitely something there when ownership changes hands- whether or not the actual folio number changes I don't know. But I would assume that over the years land is bought sold, subdivided etc, etc and retained info changes.
    Plenty of my permission were on rented or shared lands and I've had sec42 in the name Farmer A who's actually not the titles owner of the land. This has never caused an issue with the NPWS, they just want to identify the land. Similarly I've been on sections were only a part of the over all property is covered on the section detailing something like -
    ' on the lands of Farmer Gyles but not including the area known as 'Soggy Bottom Bog' ' or words to that effect.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

That makes sense. A couple are the same but a few changed and they are the ones i use as they're the largest. Two i know changed hands but stayed within the family (Father to son) so that may account for it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dean83

Thanks for the information everyone ��

• Advertisement
Advertisement