Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Options

Comments

EddieN75 wrote: »
    You can give more information if you like. You won't get in trouble. We won't tell the young lads

In case its not him, I'd hate to be the one handing out the pitch forks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Those Howth station scumbags should be sent to Rockall for a year.
    I see them named on Twitter so it's just a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 11112

Infini wrote: »
    They're mouthy gobshìtes but they're just smart enough to not throw a punch because if they do they no longer have an untouchable defence. There is still the right to self defence and if they hit first then the adults CAN take them down on that.

I have to agree with this . I mentioned it already on post #97 this thread. I battered one of them last year in Windy Arbour playground and got away with it.

It was looking like I would get a caution , but as the kid refused to make a statement and run down the 6 month clock the guard was able to use this as a way of letting me off completely.

In fairness I nearly lost an eye, and I could still.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

In case its not him, I'd hate to be the one handing out the pitch forks

Not really a fan of the social media driven pitchforks either tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Gardai can't be seen to give these scrotes a kicking. All they can do is bring them in and a judge throws another mark against their name. Pointless

Groups of members of the public on the other hand can. Especially now since everyone has a mask in their pocket so can do so without being identified. If there are groups coming into your area form a WhatsApp group, make sure you outnumber them and organise yourselves so it looks like a retaliation. Ie let the scrotes start it.

Then kick the living bejaysus out of them. So badly that they don't dream of congregating in the same area ever again. Then disperse in different directions and close the group.

This is how they solved problems in the days before people started to run to the Gardai with every single problem.
    Of course. These little ****e know that the Gardai won't harm them and they will be back out on the street in no time.

A large group of adult males in their faces is the solution. Any lip or resistance to move on and stay gone should met with violence.

Mod

Threadban. There is no place in this thread for advocating violence against kids - no matter what they have done. Morally, ethically and legally, its wrong.

Any issues with that, please PM me. Not to be discussed on thread.

• Advertisement

Did your parents monitor your every move as a teenager? Most are allowed out on their own.

Mine didn’t no. That being said they also raised me to have respect for my fellow citizens and instilled a sense of common decency in how to behave towards others. They could trust me to be unsupervised in public.

Of course my friends and I got up to mischief as most teenagers do - but it was never going around assaulting and intimidating random people, being an odious prick in general. Getting off on frightening other people for the craic. These scrotes are just ****ing arseholes plain and simple.

I don’t understand why you’re so submissive to this kind of behaviour
    The “it’s grand” approach hasn’t worked and you’re living under a rock if you don’t think it’s getting worse.

It shouldn’t be okay to act like a piece of scum in public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

xzanti wrote: »
    The lack of regard for life among certain teenage groups is beyond frightening.

The video of the woman being tripped and subsequently falling onto the train tracks in Howth will haunt me for a long time.

Thank God she was pulled out without injury or death.

They knew exactly what they were doing. Pure, unbridled evil imho.

It's almost a competition among them to see how far they'll go to prove how scummy they are.

It was shocking but she wasn’t tripped. The guy did step towards her aggressively and she lost her footing but he clearly didn’t trip her. I just wanted to point that out in the interests of accuracy. You can see him running back over to her afterwards but that might just have been nosiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Mine didn’t no. That being said they also raised me to have respect for my fellow citizens and instilled a sense of common decency in how to behave towards others. They could trust me to be unsupervised in public.

Of course my friends and I got up to mischief as most teenagers do - but it was never going around assaulting and intimidating random people, being an odious prick in general. Getting off on frightening other people for the craic. These scrotes are just ****ing arseholes plain and simple.

I don’t understand why you’re so submissive to this kind of behaviour
    The “it’s grand” approach hasn’t worked and you’re living under a rock if you don’t think it’s getting worse.

It shouldn’t be okay to act like a piece of scum in public.

My friends and I were the same as teenagers, all we wanted to do is hang around and smoke sh*tty hash and mind our own business.
    I will say that we used to get constantly stopped and searched by Garda, which was annoying because we never bothered anyone, but I don't think the Garda do this any more.
    I don't agree that it's getting worse, I think kids were even rougher in the 80s and 90s, they have far more distractions and luxuries nowadays than they used to have and it seems to sedate most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

It was shocking but she wasn’t tripped. The guy did step towards her aggressively and she lost her footing but he clearly didn’t trip her. I just wanted to point that out in the interests of accuracy. You can see him running back over to her afterwards but that might just have been nosiness.

Tripped by the wheel of one of the bikes if you watch it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

By a bike that deliberately went for her and another woman previously. Not to mention a girl getting kicked in the back.

Not a bother on them either after she falls, doesn't seem to have any impact on them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭U.P.O.

At 0.28 you can see the guy with the blue bike try, unsuccessfully, to hit the blonde girl with his bike.

Two seconnds later he hits the legs of the girl who falls under the train with his front wheel. Clearly on purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

You need to watch that video carefully on a larger screen. The scrote with the blue bike tried to trip the girl before her with the wheel of his bike, she stumbled slightly but kept going.
    He tried it again with the next girl but it was both him and the scummer with the white bike that tripped her up causing her to fall under the train and neither of them went back to assist.
    People need to stop trying to find some good out of what any of them did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Seanachai

The reaction of the meat robot in the red sleeveless jacket is chilling, it looks more like awe than genuine shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

It was the guy with the bike behind the fella in red. He hit her with his wheel and she fell. He didn't go back to help her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Seanachai wrote: »
    The reaction of the meat robot in the red sleeveless jacket is chilling, it looks more like awe than genuine shock.

From the video the scummer in the red jacket looks to the spitting or shouting at the women as the run by.

Also if you look at the video the first set of girls were trying to get on the train a carriage away from the scummers and you can see the doors won't open, the driver should have opened them to let those people on the train rather than having to run past the gang of scummers.

Also Ianroid Eireann have a lot of questions to answer on the job that they did on upgrading Howth Junction train station. The station was always bad but it is even worse since the upgrade and the upgrade facilitates this sort of behaviour. Why is it also unmanned? There use to be staff at that station till 8 or 9 when I was growing up but never anyone there anymore.

So they repeatedly try to do something where if they're successful, a person falls on the tracks and could die.

Hopefully with their details out there, something actually happens to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

With regards to under age crime. The parents should be made pay. Monies deducted from their wages or welfare with court order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

K.Flyer wrote: »
    You need to watch that video carefully on a larger screen. The scrote with the blue bike tried to trip the girl before her with the wheel of his bike, she stumbled slightly but kept going.
    He tried it again with the next girl but it was both him and the scummer with the white bike that tripped her up causing her to fall under the train and neither of them went back to assist.
    People need to stop trying to find some good out of what any of them did.
    Wheety wrote: »
    It was the guy with the bike behind the fella in red. He hit her with his wheel and she fell. He didn't go back to help her.

Indeed. I stand corrected. It's horrific. I am so glad that there was so many people around to help her. The train could be halted easily first and foremost. Imagine if that was the last DART of the evening?

I'm not trying to find good. I even said that I wasn't sure the guy in red went back for anything other than rubbernecking.

Seems to be everywhere. Seen the video on Twitter of the teenagers fighting in Dalkey. The problem is if nothing is done and it keeps going people will start taking things into their own hands. The authorities need to step up here and do something whether that's taking action against the teen's parents or putting the teens into stocks so that they can humiliated or whatever the teens need to see some punishment for their actions and speaking to them is not the answer they will just laugh at that.

They're in Dalkey now? Ha, no one is safe!

• Advertisement

They're in Dalkey now? Ha, no one is safe!

When it spreads to those areas something may get done.

https://twitter.com/dalkeygirl2/status/1391465981353070598

I know they're horrible little f*ckers but kids were always like this in Dublin. I remember being on Killiney beach in 96 or 97 and a full scale riot broke out between gangs of teenagers, one lot were from Crumlin, me and my mate had to leg it before they got on the dart.
    This sort of carry on seems to be a culture in Ireland, always has been.

Floppybits wrote: »
    When it spreads to those areas something may get done.

https://twitter.com/dalkeygirl2/status/1391465981353070598

Surprised at the standard of grammar on that Dalkey thread.
    Horrific.

Fair play to the kids though for going to Dalkey and Malahide to have their battles, places most of us could never afford to live in anyway. Nice and quiet where I am these days and some people wear pajamas 24/7 in these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

This is a feature of liberal Ireland not a bug. A bad tree produces bad fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Keplar240B wrote: »
    This is a feature of liberal Ireland not a bug. A bad tree produces bad fruit.

Ireland has been run by Center Right lead coalitions for decades now......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Floppybits wrote: »
    Seems to be everywhere. Seen the video on Twitter of the teenagers fighting in Dalkey. The problem is if nothing is done and it keeps going people will start taking things into their own hands. The authorities need to step up here and do something whether that's taking action against the teen's parents or putting the teens into stocks so that they can humiliated or whatever the teens need to see some punishment for their actions and speaking to them is not the answer they will just laugh at that.

It's in regional towns too, myself and a few mates ran into trouble with a pack of feral teenagers in Enniscorthy a few years ago. We didn't have a cross word with them but they were hellbent on attacking us. A full bottle of beer smashed on the wall behind my head and about twenty of them were on top of us in a second.

I don't know if the malice they have comes from pain in the home or if there are just more sociopaths these days but it has to be addressed before it escalates.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭KeepItLight

wes wrote: »
    Ireland has been run by Center Right lead coalitions for decades now......

He said liberal. not leftist. And FF/FG are only right in the sense of ****ing over the taxpayer in favour of big business, and not in any social sense.

Seanachai wrote: »
    It's in regional towns too, myself and a few mates ran into trouble with a pack of feral teenagers in Enniscorthy a few years ago. We didn't have a cross word with them but they were hellbent on attacking us. A full bottle of beer smashed on the wall behind my head and about twenty of them were on top of us in a second.

I don't know if the malice they have comes from pain in the home or if there are just more sociopaths these days but it has to be addressed before it escalates.

There was always trouble with Teenagers but maybe it is the lockdown and them being out of school for long periods that has led to this but it does seem to be more violent and happening more often.

I grew up not too far from that train station and yes it has never been the best but since the station refurb it has got worse. One good thing about the refurb though it that it stopped the number of suicides at the station. In the late 80's early 90's it was awful for suicides at that station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

He said liberal. not leftist. And FF/FG are only right in the sense of ****ing over the taxpayer in favour of big business, and not in any social sense.

I said center right, they are more populist than liberal (even if they accuse others of being populist all the time.

Advertisement