Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭jmreire

Fair play to the kids though for going to Dalkey and Malahide to have their battles, places most of us could never afford to live in anyway. Nice and quiet where I am these days and some people wear pajamas 24/7 in these parts.

:o

It was shocking but she wasn’t tripped. The guy did step towards her aggressively and she lost her footing but he clearly didn’t trip her. I just wanted to point that out in the interests of accuracy. You can see him running back over to her afterwards but that might just have been nosiness.

Obvious desperate attempt to play down a shocking incident. Couple of attempted manslaughter charges in this incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Obvious desperate attempt to play down a shocking incident. Couple of attempted manslaughter charges in this incident.

It is very obvious that she was hit by the guy with the blue bike (camera blocked by the guy in the red sleeveless ) He caught her with his wheel as he did to the girl before her too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

You didn’t read any of the posts subsequent to the one you quoted there. This has all been clarified. Try not to jerk your knee. I don’t see how I’m downplaying either since I didn’t even say that I thought the guy in red went back to help. I said it was likely that he was just being nosy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,478 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Tripped by the wheel of one of the bikes if you watch it again.

He hit her with the bike wheel.

Seriously, this is nuts, and people want to make excuses for people like that and their behaviors...

If that dart was moving she’s as good as dead, could have been anyway regardless...

What sort of vile wánkers are being brought up... lads attacking and assaulting girls trying to get a dart... imagine in 5 years what that urchin will be like...

What the fûck motivates people to do something like that ? Parents need to start getting the finger out... you can imagine his parents.. “ aghhh yeah, but der is no facilities, what’s he meant to do ? “

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Gardai in Tramore issued this letter to all parents last week!

Happening everywhere now it seems.

MESSAGE FROM AN GARDA SÍOCHÁNA TRAMORE

Dear Parent/Guardian,

Tramore Gardaí are extremely concerned about the prevalence of “organised fights”, which are generally being organised via various social media platforms.

Persons attending these “organised fights” can put their own lives at risk as well as others. Criminal and anti-social behaviour has an impact on communities as a whole. It can have a serious impact on the quality of life of individuals and can destroy the spirit and pride of communities. The likelihood of more criminal / anti-social behaviour can create an environment where more serious crime can take hold.

In the main, “organised fights” are attended by large numbers of children, ranging from 13 years old and up.

It has to be acknowledged that the vast majority of children in Tramore are extremely courteous and law-abiding. This behaviour is being caused by a minority of young persons.

An Garda Síochána Tramore are intervening where possible. If you wish to report any instances of suspected criminal / anti-social behaviour, please don’t hesitate to contact Tramore Garda Station at (051) 391620. Your call will be treated with the strictest of confidence.

We would implore all parents to know where your children are and what they are getting up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

Seanachai wrote: »
    It's in regional towns too, myself and a few mates ran into trouble with a pack of feral teenagers in Enniscorthy a few years ago. We didn't have a cross word with them but they were hellbent on attacking us. A full bottle of beer smashed on the wall behind my head and about twenty of them were on top of us in a second.

I don't know if the malice they have comes from pain in the home or if there are just more sociopaths these days but it has to be addressed before it escalates.

'Escalates' ? It's absolutely endemic. Irish society is riddled with this specimen of vermin. Ne'er do well, useless waste of sperm and egg malevolents who should be the target of the most stringent form of punishment known to man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Just one other thing to note, these teenagers are likely bullying other teenagers and kids younger than them as well. I know this from experience, when I was a kid, they would try an pick on other kids, and if they didn't fight back, they would go after them again and again.

These "feral" teenagers are just as much a danger to other children as they are to the general public. Schools need to clamp down on bullying imo in a major way. The trouble makers are well known, and imo the law needs to change so that parents can press charges against bully's in schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭kapisko1PL

So we have Gardai having to WRITE a letter to remind parents of these feral little dirt bags to get off their fûcking holes and actually...PARENT..

• Advertisement

malevolents who should be the target of the most stringent form of punishment known to man.

This will not work, so it is just hot air. We have to do what is feasible and civilised.

So there should be zero tolerance of any public disorder. For every offence a period of detention in some kind of juvenile facility with no perks provided eg no computers, phones, etc.
    1 week, 1 month, 3 months etc and removal of that child's welfare entitlements/ allowances for juveniles families while they are detained. Automatic appearance at a legal sitting and detention meted out quickly for public disorder, along an ascending scale according to gravity.
    Even if it takes huge investment make it happen. I would prefer my taxes going to ensure the streets are safer than them going to fund extravagant wages for politicians or other grandiose projects that will not contribute to the root issues in society. A friend of mine was left with severe special needs after being beaten by a street gang. It is intolerable to have these kinds of behaviours in our civil society.

Obviously cases like this one are more than mere public disorder as there was the potential for killing someone. Hopefully that will be addressed. But zero tolerance generally to root out the atmosphere that enables it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭gw80

scout353 wrote: »
    Gardai in Tramore issued this letter to all parents last week!

Happening everywhere now it seems.

MESSAGE FROM AN GARDA SÍOCHÁNA TRAMORE

Dear Parent/Guardian,

Tramore Gardaí are extremely concerned about the prevalence of “organised fights”, which are generally being organised via various social media platforms.

Persons attending these “organised fights” can put their own lives at risk as well as others. Criminal and anti-social behaviour has an impact on communities as a whole. It can have a serious impact on the quality of life of individuals and can destroy the spirit and pride of communities. The likelihood of more criminal / anti-social behaviour can create an environment where more serious crime can take hold.

In the main, “organised fights” are attended by large numbers of children, ranging from 13 years old and up.

It has to be acknowledged that the vast majority of children in Tramore are extremely courteous and law-abiding. This behaviour is being caused by a minority of young persons.

An Garda Síochána Tramore are intervening where possible. If you wish to report any instances of suspected criminal / anti-social behaviour, please don’t hesitate to contact Tramore Garda Station at (051) 391620. Your call will be treated with the strictest of confidence.

We would implore all parents to know where your children are and what they are getting up to.

To be fair, organised fights in schools have been happening since schools were invented, you just have video evidence of them now,
    I was in a few of them myself when in school,
    It's just the modern version of " I'll meet you outside the school gates when school is over"

I dunno, maybe it's a bit more shocking to watch if you never grew up seeing that kind of stuff,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

It was shocking but she wasn’t tripped. The guy did step towards her aggressively and she lost her footing but he clearly didn’t trip her. I just wanted to point that out in the interests of accuracy. You can seem him running back over to her afterwards but that might just have been nosiness.

Shocking. The buck stops with the parents, but the system is culpable as it allows them to be negligent to the point of reward.

Cut out the social housing for criminals, cap the child allowance at a specific number of kids. Stop allowing children to have 6505131 cautions before anything happens to them.

Stop giving kids playstations and netflix in juvenile detention centres and put them out on the street cleaning and doing proper work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

gw80 wrote: »
    To be fair, organised fights in schools have been happening since schools were invented, you just have video evidence of them now,
    I was in a few of them myself when in school,
    It's just the modern version of " I'll meet you outside the school gates when school is over"

I dunno, maybe it's a bit more shocking to watch if you never grew up seeing that kind of stuff,

Ah this is nothing like the fights after school. These fight are more like the hooligan fights we would have seen back in the 80's are soccer matches in England. There is a big difference between to 2 young fellas having a scrap outside of school and 2 gangs going at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

Floppybits wrote: »
    Ah this is nothing like the fights after school. These fight are more like the hooligan fights we would have seen back in the 80's are soccer matches in England. There is a big difference between to 2 young fellas having a scrap outside of school and 2 gangs going at it.

Well if you want to handwave that away then can I handwave away a mob of adults pouring out of the pub to batter seven shades for shoite out of them? Sure a lash of the belt and a clout across the ear has been the solution to such 'youthful behaviour' since forever also.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,919 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Shocking. The buck stops with the parents, but the system is culpable as it allows them to be negligent to the point of reward.

Cut out the social housing for criminals, cap the child allowance at a specific number of kids. Stop allowing children to have 6505131 cautions before anything happens to them.

Stop giving kids playstations and netflix in juvenile detention centres and put them out on the street cleaning and doing proper work.

None of your suggestions would have prevented the behaviour seen in the video?

The responsibility for their actions lies solely with the children who committed those actions - namely the child on the bike for one who saw the girl coming and purposely swung his foot around intending to hit her in the face (but thankfully only glanced her shoulder), and the other child who attempted to intimidate the girl, he was reckless, but I don’t think it was his intention to send her flying onto the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

This stuff happened too though, it just wasn't filmed. Like the fights after school back in the day would then escalate as one person would lose and then get bleedin' all east wall after ye, or whatever area, and it would end up with some gang waiting outside school for someone and then people laying into each other. I saw it loads of times, and was on the receiving end of a couple of hidings unfortunately!
    I mean there's a bad culture of this kind of thing here but I find it amusing that people think it's new, just because it has happened in leafy suburbs now and it's on camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

conorhal wrote: »
    Well if you want to handwave that away then can I handwave away a mob of adults pouring out of the pub to batter seven shades for shoite out of them? Sure a lash of the belt and a clout across the ear has been the solution to such 'youthful behaviour' since forever also.

Not hand waving anything away just saying this nothing like 2 lads having a fight after school and is more like the English hooligan problem that we seen back in the 80's and 90's. I would not be surprised to see people taking matters into their own hands because it doesn't look like the authorities will do anything. I remember that happening along that part of the dart line before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

There was also a big thing of teenagers throwing rocks at trains from bridges, in the 80s and 90s, I was sat on a dart once as a kid and a window just smashed through and covered me and my ma in glass, we weren't hurt thankfully.
    We've always had loads of scumbags, and we haven't done anything about it, I'm not sure what the solution is .

None of your suggestions would have prevented the behaviour seen in the video?

The responsibility for their actions lies solely with the children who committed those actions - namely the child on the bike for one who saw the girl coming and purposely swung his foot around intending to hit her in the face (but thankfully only glanced her shoulder), and the other child who attempted to intimidate the girl, he was reckless, but I don’t think it was his intention to send her flying onto the track.

Its not solely with the children..

Parental responsibility is obviously coming into play... or lack of...

Firstly parents need to bring up their kids with an understanding of right from wrong. That it’s wrong to hurt, assault and endanger people...

Secondly the parents need to have a deterrent as in when or if a garda knocks on the door, little Daniel/Deirdre has done xyz, assaulted someone, seriously endangered their life.. it’s not “must do better, watch yourself or...”

It’s... “ ok, you are saying goodbye to your ps5 and tv for one year “...... “trip away with the football team, forget it, I don’t mind loosing a deposit, money well spent to teach you a lesson...”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

Not hand waving anything away just saying this nothing like 2 lads having a fight after school and is more like the English hooligan problem that we seen back in the 80's and 90's. I would not be surprised to see people taking matters into their own hands because it doesn't look like the authorities will do anything. I remember that happening along that part of the dart line before.

I would be very surprised to see people taking matters into their own hands because:
    1) While they will do nothing but publish a 'strongly worded letter' about the problem, you can guarantee that the guards will come down on anybody that lashes back like a ton of bricks, simply because it's easier to crack down on the response then it is to address the problem.

And 2) such a response isn't possible in a society that has lost all social cohesion. It's always someone elses problem/not a problem at all, just as long as it doesn't effect me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,919 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Strumms wrote: »
    Its not solely with the children..

Parental responsibility is obviously coming into play... or lack of...

Firstly parents need to bring up their kids with an understanding of right from wrong. That it’s wrong to hurt, assault and endanger people...

Secondly the parents need to have a deterrent as in when or if a garda knocks on the door, little Daniel/Deirdre has done xyz, assaulted someone, seriously endangered their life.. it’s not “must do better, watch yourself or...”

It’s... “ ok, you are saying goodbye to your ps5 and tv for one year “...... “trip away with the football team, forget it, I don’t mind loosing a deposit, money well spent to teach you a lesson...”

I get where you’re coming from. It’s just unfortunate that all too often with children participating in that sort of behaviour - seeing it on CCTV is likely the first time their parents will see it when everyone else is seeing it too, that their little darlings who they’re so proud of, are actually feral little ****s who know exactly what they’re doing, know the difference between right and wrong, and just don’t expect to get caught for it.

What’s needed there is more security personnel on the ground, as opposed to reviewing CCTV after the fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I haven't read through this.
    I think pretty all of our behaviour comes from what we learn at home...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The worst part about the dart video is that they just casually walked away. No panic, no remorse, no flight, they just walked naturally. Thats the level of psychopath we are dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

The guy doing the swinging kick just missing the girls head while getting off his bike is a prick also.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Math.round don't post in this thread again

The worst part about the dart video is that they just casually walked away. No panic, no remorse, no flight, they just walked naturally. Thats the level of psychopath we are dealing with.

Precisely. No concern for the young victim, who had just been knocked violently under a train that was about to depart the station.

The lot of them just seemed happy to want to get out of there. Nobody trying to press an alarm or alert staff..

We have been conditioned to think psychopaths only exist in the movies.

Definition: The term “psychopath” is used to describe someone who is callous, unemotional, and morally depraved.

The person and people tick every box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Definitely not a good sign in the future. You would imagine with that lack of empathy other crimes would be a piece of cake for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The guy doing the swinging kick just missing the girls head while getting off his bike is a prick also.
    He has been named on social media, in fact a good few have been identified at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Strumms wrote: »
    Precisely. No concern for the young victim, who had just been knocked violently under a train that was about to depart the station.

The lot of them just seemed happy to want to get out of there. Nobody trying to press an alarm or alert staff..

We have been conditioned to think psychopaths only exist in the movies.

Definition: The term “psychopath” is used to describe someone who is callous, unemotional, and morally depraved.

The person and people tick every box.

Left very casually too. No sense of "oh f**k, we better get out of here", its like they don't even care that they could have killed her.

Advertisement