Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Options

Comments

Like someone said, if that train had started moving as The Darts do take off VERY VERY quickly she was dead.

Attempted murder charge should not be far off. A precedent needs to be set to deal with the scourge of feral scrotes.

I fear for my partner cycling around town. She is very brave but she wouldn't have a chance against these gangs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

is_that_so wrote: »
    He has been named on social media, in fact a good few have been identified at this stage.

And I wonder what, if anything at all, will happen to them.
    In my estimation, not much to nothing.
    Leaving them to laugh at the judicial system and to carry on with their sh!!ty behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Leaving them to laugh at the judicial system and to carry on with their sh!!ty behaviour.

Well they should be banned from using public transport or be on any public transport facilities for 5 years and if found breaking that ban then an immediate 5k fine. That should apply to anyone acting the maggot on public transport.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Well they should be banned from using public transport or be on any public transport facilities for 5 years and if found breaking that ban then an immediate 5k fine. That should apply to anyone acting the maggot on public transport.

Here's the problem, who is going to monitor them and prevent them jumping onto the trains or the luas?

And I very much doubt they will take being fined 5k euro seriously, free legal aid, poor mouth, no money yer honour, pay the fine off at a euro a week.

The only way is a no frills Detention period. No poor mouth or "..didn't mean it" bullcr@p excuses accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 comedown

This has been picked up by news agencies worldwide,
    the video has gone viral, and yet - correct me if I'm wrong here - there is absolutely nothing about it on RTE's website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

comedown wrote: »
    This has been picked up by news agencies worldwide,
    the video has gone viral, and yet - correct me if I'm wrong here - there is absolutely nothing about it on RTE's website?

4.3 million views on the clip I was looking at.

Shelbourne FC statement posted 5 hours ago
    Shelbourne FC condemns all forms of violence and anti-social behaviour. Shelbourne has 150 playing female members and is one of Ireland’s leading women’s football clubs. Violence against women has no place in society or in football.

As a leading Irish football club Shelbourne FC has an extensive community and social inclusion programme.

Shelbourne FC is aware of images, posts and video circulating on social media in relation to an incident in Howth Dart Station in which a young woman was assaulted. Shelbourne FC deplores and condemns the behaviour shown in the video and images.

The principle of respect means respecting the rights of all involved including the rights of a person to due process no matter how abhorrent his or her behaviour may appear. This is all the more so where the allegations concern a minor.

Shelbourne FC will deal with this matter promptly, properly and fairly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,478 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Floppybits wrote: »

It’s a serious assault, rather then acting the maggot.

I think taking them out of circulation, not just public transport is appropriate..

I see red jacket has been identified on twitter. Haha. Tough ****, all getting put out in the public domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

4.3 million views on the clip I was looking at.

I have been saying this for years as I've watched year after year the social order in this country declining and that catches up in reputation eventually. We are certainly earning nowadays.

We have no police to be seen and a stupid fcuking judiciary.

Never mind the social welfare situation which enables most of this from the start. Most of the only people who can afford to have multiple children in Ireland are the very people who shouldn't be having them in the first place.

How many more times does it need to be said?

If the state does not act, local communities will act.

People are getting fed up seeing these scumbags running riot with impunity around an ever increasing number of areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,784 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The threat of their sponsors being boycotted gets notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,478 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I have been saying this for years as I've watched year after year the social order in this country declining and that catches up in reputation eventually. We are certainly earning nowadays.

We have no police to be seen and a stupid fcuking judiciary.

Never mind the social welfare situation which enables most of this from the start. Most of the only people who can afford to have multiple children in Ireland are the very people who shouldn't be having them in the first place.

How many more times does it need to be said?

If the state does not act, local communities will act.

People are getting fed up seeing these scumbags running riot with impunity around an ever increasing number of areas.

Local communities will have to act...

Self preservation, kicks in... the law and those tasked with keeping it, upholding it are failing us... courts and many Garda too.... soooo..the job of the criminal justice system ? .... The criminal justice system is designed to identify and punish those who commit crime.

It’s not concerned with rehabilitation or social problems... it’s concerned with protecting people, it’s failing us.

The guy doing the swinging kick just missing the girls head while getting off his bike is a prick also.
    He has been named on social media, in fact a good few have been identified at this stage.

There is an on-line petition to Shelbourne and FAI on Change .org which so far has nearly 9,000 people signed up to have him kicked (pun intended) from the team.
    Someone earlier in the thread said how getting the youth involved in sport helps prevent this sort of behaviour....
    Don't think so!
    Cnuts will always be Cnuts especially when they're in their packs.

Reading global comments on twitter, this hasn't reflected well on our society. Plenty of questions being asked what type of society allows such behaviour go unchecked. And why none of the peers intervened. Seen videos on Instagram from influencer types abroad absolutely spitting fire over it. That cohort is quite powerful these days in spreading the message.

If it wasn't posted to twitter the guards would have done **** all. All of us living here in Dublin know the scourge of rats on the streets and its only a matter of time before people take the law into their own hands to tackle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

is it proper to name the wrong dart station?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭garrettod

bubblypop wrote: »
    I would suggest an overhaul of the juvenile criminal system.
    The age of criminal responsibility should be lowered back to 7, as it was years ago.
    Also, the chances they get to receive cautions should be strictly kept to two.
    Once you have received your cautions, you are then off to the courts for any further crimes committed.

You forgot the bit about a mandatory sentence, given they would then be on their third offence!

No doubt about it, our laws need to be changed, to give the Gardai the power to deal with these little thugs.

Within the laws, specific minimum sectences also need to be written, to stop the judges from falling for the endless "Poor Little Johnny" stories....

Everyone needs to be putting pressure on their local TDs, to demand action.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

is it proper to name the wrong dart station?

Howth Dart station was named, are you saying it was some other station?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I for one am glad to know that these thugs from the Dart incident at Howth Junction & Donaghmede will receive long periods of relentless hell from society at large for the rest of their lives when they find out that their antics has now been reported by the worldwide media. These young scumbags really are a bunch of sore losers. Their actions have really caught up with them once it hit online social media & news outlets in an instant. In other words; they have now received something in return that is a lot worse than a jail sentence. They have given themselves a huge amount of worldwide infamy which has now spread to their own local community & to their own families. That is actually a lot worse than being a total embarrassment IMO. Taking part in this incident has now given them wide ranging consequences that will potentially last a lifetime if they don't think of ways to stop their destructive behaviour in the future.

Now if you were a normal law-abiding teenager; you would never even dream of taking part in this horrible behaviour if it didn't align with your own values. If you took a lot of steps to prevent these things in being caused by you in the first place; you will have a far healthier outlook in being a much better person in the future. But these thugs don't seem to apply that logic when it comes to their own heads. If anything; they will think of something that will cause them a little bit of mischief that may or may not do them any harm; but these scumbags at Howth Junction will seemingly just do it without any ounce of regret whatsoever. That is a part of reality that has to be tackled fast head on. It cannot just be dismissed as an unknown opinion any more. It's now really critical for us as a society to think of ways in preventing these heinous acts to happen again on innocent people in the future. And if we don't do that; we will fail & fail badly.

I wouldn't even mind giving these thugs at least 10 years in prison each for doing this type of crime. But we all know our CJ system cannot punish crimes in this manner when they are placed in front of a judge while in court. And we don't even know how to stop it's rot.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Effects wrote: »
    Howth Dart station was named, are you saying it was some other station?

It happened at Howth junction which is 3 stops away from Howth Dart station.

I see red jacket has been identified on twitter. Haha. Tough ****, all getting put out in the public domain.

How long were these little sh1ts allowed to do as they please for? The train station, the town centre, this.......

https://twitter.com/fingalpimpernel/status/1388876664566915073?s=21

Edit: The tweet has been deleted. It was posted on 2 May saying “Malahide yesterday” and you see a black car stopped at a red light and a lad dressed in dark clothing standing in the roof of the car with others including red jacket lad on pavement jeering at him. A woman and boy get out of passenger side of car. Then a bus has gone past the right hand side of car and the recording shows them all running in front of the bus and they’re definitely fighting someone but bus is in way of the person recording it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Probably nothing in the judicial system apart from a talking to but loss of face for both them and their families is not something they will live down easily. One or two may not care at all but some of the hangers on will.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The worst part about the dart video is that they just casually walked away. No panic, no remorse, no flight, they just walked naturally.

Because they are very unlikely to be caught and if they are, they will be dealt with with extreme leniency, records expunged at 18 as if it never happened.

Because they are very unlikely to be caught and if they are, they will be dealt with with extreme leniency, records expunged at 18 as if it never happened.
    Sure, but it's hard to say from one video whether this is their standard behaviour and not just teens with no IQ levels to speak of doing what they consider funny. Social media is more likely to haunt them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Reading global comments on twitter, this hasn't reflected well on our society. Plenty of questions being asked what type of society allows such behaviour go unchecked.

I looked it up on Twitter and can see people expressing their disgust in Spanish and German. It has truly gone worldwide.
    If it wasn't posted to twitter the guards would have done **** all.

Have the guards done anything about it at all? As mentioned above, there hasn’t been much comment from traditional media sources so we don’t know whether the boys are going about their lives as normal. Even Shelbourne haven’t disclosed which steps they have taken against their youth player, only that they’re aware of it.

I looked it up on Twitter and can see people expressing their disgust in Spanish and German. It has truly gone worldwide.

Have the guards done anything about it at all? As mentioned above, there hasn’t been much comment from traditional media sources so we don’t know whether the boys are going about their lives as normal. Even Shelbourne haven’t disclosed which steps they have taken against their youth player, only that they’re aware of it.
    Under investigation but no arrests have been made so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭crazylady1

There is an on-line petition to Shelbourne and FAI on Change .org which so far has nearly 9,000 people signed up to have him kicked (pun intended) from the team.
    Someone earlier in the thread said how getting the youth involved in sport helps prevent this sort of behaviour....
    Don't think so!
    Cnuts will always be Cnuts especially when they're in their packs.

Hi. Have you got a link to this change.org petition? I want to sign it. I can't find it on their website. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/student-unprovoked-attack-dublin-unconscious-20558368
    A Dublin student was knocked unconscious when he was attacked from behind while on a first date in an unprovoked attack in south Dublin.

“I didn’t see them coming. Two youths dressed in black tracksuits came up behind me and starting punching me in the back of my head.

“I fell to my knees. They hit me repeatedly. Then they ran off, laughing. I must have been knocked out for a few seconds.

“When I came to, I couldn’t grasp what had happened to me. I was disorientated. My friend saw it and she told me what happened.”

But two days later he visited his doctor who told him he was suffering from a concussion due to being knocked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Under investigation but no arrests have been made so far.

Twitter seems to have done a better job of identifying those involved and attempting to take action against them.

I first heard about it while listening to Joe Duffy on 4th May so they’ve had well over a week to investigate.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/liveline/id212402885?i=1000520057843

Twitter seems to have done a better job of identifying those involved and attempting to take action against them.

I first heard about it while listening to Joe Duffy on 4th May so they’ve had well over a week to investigate.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/liveline/id212402885?i=1000520057843
    Much as people would like instant justice, Gardai need to gather details and interview people. As many of them can be identified from CCTV that next bit is coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

wes wrote: »
    Just one other thing to note, these teenagers are likely bullying other teenagers and kids younger than them as well. I know this from experience, when I was a kid, they would try an pick on other kids, and if they didn't fight back, they would go after them again and again.

These "feral" teenagers are just as much a danger to other children as they are to the general public. Schools need to clamp down on bullying imo in a major way. The trouble makers are well known, and imo the law needs to change so that parents can press charges against bully's in schools.

Bullying is much less common in schools now compared to years ago when it was the only opportunity for the bully to have easy prey. This is due to social media where kids can be bullied 24/7.

I would say that nearly 80% of bullying is happening online or outside of schools - kids have a lot more freedom, parents are not parenting. Even if they are at home in their bedrooms, their online activity is not being checked nor do the parents know of all the platforms that are available. Remember that FM website a few years ago that resulted in suicides and then there was another one (name escapes me) that called your group a herd and only worked within a local radius!

This is a serious issue ok but blaming schools is, once again, transferring the responsibility away from the home/parent.

Advertisement