Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Hellrazer wrote: »
    This is exactly it - they wouldnt do the same to a bunch of teenage lads because they`d probably get the **** kicked out of them.
    They are basically bullies and will probably be bullies for the rest of their lives.

Actually reminds me of another one with my teenage girls - my 14 year old recently had surgery on her back to correct a curve but before she had the surgery there was a group of young 14-16 year old lads picking on her over her back..horrible , horrible stuff altogether.

So one Saturday night she comes down crying and I was trying to get to the bottom of it. These lads were calling her through snap chat but when she blocked one of them they used another ones phones and so on. Next time a call comes in I take the phone and me being the nice person I am (Im not really when it comes to defending my kids) I asked them nicely to ease off on picking on her.

One of them - btw a 14 year old that a strong wind would blow over decided to threaten me and said he was calling over to the house with his mates to " have a knock with me" whatever that is.

So I says to him - off you come and we`ll have a "chat"

So he never shows up and on the Sunday night I returned his call with an old pre paid sim that I use if I dont want someone to have my main number or for donedeal etc and told him since he didnt show up Id be outside the school on Monday at 3.30 for our "chat"....Poor ****er didnt show up for school for the next 2 weeks - some hard man he turned out to be - apparently he was terrified to go to school in case I did actually turn up but he was being the hard man in front of his little gang of friends.

did you show up at the school on the Monday at 3:30?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

RTE finally reported on it but misreport on the contact that happened, the use of their bikes https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0513/1221386-three-teenagers-arrested-over-dart-station-attack/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

The Norway model of prisons wouldn't work in Ireland, going to jail in Norway is shameful for the people, In Ireland for certain people its practically a badge of honour

• Registered Users Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The Norway model of prisons wouldn't work in Ireland, going to jail in Norway is shameful for the people, In Ireland for certain people its practically a badge of honour

Dunno if that's true or not, but if it is, understanding why would go a long way to solving the problem.

It's certainly not the conditions of said prisons. Recidvisim rates and attitudes to ex-cons would be an interesting aspect.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

did you show up at the school on the Monday at 3:30?

No I didnt ...wasnt wasting my time with that.

• Advertisement

Dunno if that's true or not, but if it is, understanding why would go a long way to solving the problem.

It's certainly not the conditions of said prisons. Recidvisim rates and attitudes to ex-cons would be an interesting aspect.

It’s probably a badge of honour due to the parents and possibly grand parents having the exact same attitude. 3 generations who haven’t cared about the children they’ve spawned. These youths will have kids and the mindset will continue.

Time to cut that umbilical cord and go full zero tolerance. It won’t stop all little ****es in future generations but it will hopefully reduce their numbers considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It’s probably a badge of honour due to the parents and possibly grand parents having the exact same attitude. 3 generations who haven’t cared about the children they’ve spawned. These youths will have kids and the mindset will continue.

Time to cut that umbilical cord and go full zero tolerance. It won’t stop all little ****es in future generations but it will hopefully reduce their numbers considerably.

Three gnerations of badges of honour on a widespread enough level? Are you serious? Might was well blame it on the weather.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

i have a quick question,

is child allowance stopped if a child is put into detention ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,478 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Let them have the honor, we’ll have the peace, quiet and safety as we go about our daily lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

i have a quick question,

is child allowance stopped if a child is put into detention ?

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Nope.

Well thats a serious issue, why are parents getting an allowance when the child is being put up full board by the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

An earlier post mentioned recidivism was at approximately 55%. Unfortunately amongst a certain young cohort they feel they could do it "..standing on their heads".
    Unfortunately a huge amount of them never get to enjoy the full experience of incarceration due to lilly livered judges handing out sympathy sentencing time and time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

K.Flyer wrote: »
    An earlier post mentioned recidivism was at approximately 55%. Unfortunately amongst a certain young cohort they feel they could do it "..standing on their heads".
    Unfortunately a huge amount of them never get to enjoy the full experience of incarceration due to lilly livered judges handing out sympathy sentencing time and time again.

There is also the fact of space issues so depending on the seriousness of the crime they could only be in prison for a few hours before they released due to their being no space to hold them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭notAMember

In some cases you don't want to expose teenagers to older criminals as they are so peer led and influenceable at that age. Prison can effectively be like a networking event or linked-in for criminals. Judges know this.

'Released without charge'. Who'd have guessed that, wha!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

Floppybits wrote: »
    There is also the fact of space issues so depending on the seriousness of the crime they could only be in prison for a few hours before they released due to their being no space to hold them.

We wouldn't have a space issues if they weren't given their own en suite rooms. But god forbid they be made sleep in anything but total comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,017 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

They're juveniles, they can't be charged until they've been considered for the Juvenile Diversion Programme. If they're found not suitable for that the file then goes to the DPP for their direction.

It's not as simple as throwing them in a cell no matter how much people imagine it to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Up and coming utter scumbags.
    Why should young people fear the law. The law needs a big reform to protect law abiding citizens and stop letting scumbags like these carry on terrorising people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Floppybits wrote: »

And nobody knows that better than those going around causing problems for society.
    They are better educated about the judicial system and what they will get away with because of their age than the judges themselves.

I think it's long overdue that the government gives more consideration to building more prison spaces, but out in the middle of nowhere.

Now is when we need a huge review of the judicial system to close the loopholes that these scumbags, and their free legal aid solicitors, take full advantage of.
    Instead of allowing this vomit to stick their two fingers up and laugh and spit in the faces of those who just want to get on with their lives and not be worried about running into little toe-rags like these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

I've just sent a complaint to RTE for the incorrect reporting on both today and yesterday's Howth junction articles.

Please do the same here: complaints@rte.ie

My main point is that they are making it read as though the girl ran away from them and tripped on her own - making it an unfortunate accident.

It was not.

Red coat spat and jeered at her, then, the two boys behind him then pushed their wheels at her which she then tripped on - the last lethal touch which sent her on the near fatal fall.

Already the story is being re-written to help get these little scrotes off the hook.

I hope on this occasion due to the sheer outrage, these boys will be considered for detention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭notAMember

Did I hear right, they are 13 years old?

notAMember wrote: »
    Did I hear right, they are 13 years old?

I wonder is the red coat kid 13. At the very start of the video there is a short kid in the group just after they are kicked off screaming and looking very animated shouting at the girls as they start to appear in shot looking for a door that will open and let them on. Maybe it's that kid.

The guys getting all the attention is the up and coming footballer (waste of space) who kicked the girl in the face and red coat hard man at the front.

The two who gave the final blow with the wheels may be one of the 13 year olds? No one is really talking about them.

Their names are easy to find on social media. I'd love to name and shame here but know it's against the rules. Hope they are being tormented because the gardai wont deal with them. Would be nice if one of the ladies (victims) had friends in high places in another gang... would serve them right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

i wonder can the girl's parents sue the red coat kid for stress and assault on their daughter?

thebourke wrote: »
    i wonder can the girl's parents sue the red coat kid for stress and assault on their daughter?

Yeah sue a minor, will they put a lien of 20c week on his pocket money?

**** me...

Pink11 wrote: »
    Hope they are being tormented because the gardai wont deal with them. Would be nice if one of the ladies (victims) had friends in high places in another gang... would serve them right.

The Gardai don't 'deal' with anyone, that's the job of the judiciary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Witcher wrote: »
    The Gardai don't 'deal' with anyone, that's the job of the judiciary.

That's not completely true, see the Youth Diversion Programme referenced up the thread. This is specifically designed to keep underage scumbags out of the courts.

That's not completely true, see the Youth Diversion Programme referenced up the thread. This is specifically designed to keep underage scumbags out of the courts.

Yeah thanks, I'm fully aware of it.

Witcher wrote: »
    Yeah sue a minor, will they put a lien of 20c week on his pocket money?

**** me...

The parents/guardians. Their social media profiles are flying around - they're far from on the breadline from the looks of their lifestyle shots. Mothers pictured with moet champagne bottles and covid parties - no expense spared. Recent holidays to Florida etc flaunted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

time for the parents to take responsibility!

Advertisement