Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Up and coming utter scumbags.
    Why should young people fear the law. The law needs a big reform to protect law abiding citizens and stop letting scumbags like these carry on terrorising people.

So true..

There is eff all deterrent to scumbag behaviour in Ireland

thebourke wrote: »
    time for the parents to take responsibility!

Daddy was probably a sperm donor, Mammy the town bicycle. Scrotes produced by one-nighters with random scummers. No leadership or moral guidance of any description. What sort of feral animal spits at and maliciously shoves ordinary decent folk going about their business. There is an argument for sterilisation programs, these wasters contribute nothing of value to the human race and their ability to reproduce a significant drain on society down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

thebourke wrote: »
    time for the parents to take responsibility!
    Daddy was probably a sperm donor, Mammy the town bicycle. Scrotes produced by one-nighters with random scummers. No leadership or moral guidance of any description. What sort of feral animal spits at and maliciously shoves ordinary decent folk going about their business. There is an argument for sterilisation programs, these wasters contribute nothing of value to the human race and their ability to reproduce a significant drain on society down the line.

Do you guys actually know the parents or do you just get off on spuoting assumptive hysterical hyperbolic ****e?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Do you guys actually know the parents or do you just get off on spuoting assumptive hysterical hyperbolic ****e?

Obviously doesn't apply to all, but it certainly applies to some! Usually the ones doing this kinda carry on.

I can't see a fix to this. I didn't read all the thread, too much, but from my own experience we have left it go too far and it can't be fixed now. What needs to happen is stronger punishment to deter, but we now live in a society where anything beyond a cotton wool covered approach to the "innocent" teens is considered too much by the do gooders that it doesn't affect, and somehow their voices are either the loudest or we just agree to shut them up.

I'm certainly not in the know enough to even fathom what the correct approach would be to fix this, just my own experience and, well, there were less little scrotes around when they got a slap for doing something wrong... Or, at least there appeared to be.

First step: court needs to stop accepting excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,874 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Dublin City Center

https://twitter.com/DaraghCassidy/status/1392588059431088134

The lad on the bike - we are all paying to put a roof over his head.

It's an absolute joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Dublin City Center

https://twitter.com/DaraghCassidy/status/1392588059431088134

The lad on the bike - we are all paying to put a roof over his head.

It's an absolute joke.

Good shoe in the hole is what these little scrotes need

I have a neighbor who works in one of the services that is there to help these teens. He told me this week one of the 19 year lads he works with who has been dating an 18 year girl for about four months found out she was 8 weeks pregnant and to celebrate they as in he and the girlfriend decided to buy a load of cans of cider and do lines of coke all night.

Children having children who were children of children themselves there is a huge part of the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

walshb wrote: »
    So true..

There is eff all deterrent to scumbag behaviour in Ireland

True. And the person who stands up to these scum and shows them a bit of their own justice will be the one to get hammered by the law.
    Truth of the matter is sooner or later someone is going to snap and hand out their own punishment because the law is not protecting decent people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Ireland needs to grow up and accept we have a serious problem with scumbags and no amount of naive reform is going to save them.

We need to simply implement a three strikes law so we can permanently remove these awful people from our society.

The sort of kids in the Howth Dart video are causing chaos everywhere (constantly breaking the law) so we can pretty quickly take them out of society.

I do not understand why Irish society is tolerating so much bad behaviour. Do we want to live in a nice country or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

To elaborate on my above point, the way our society used to work is these sorts of people wouldn't live for very long. Tribes wouldn't tolerate it and they'd basically be killed by a group of men or by someone who's had enough of their crap.

But we don't live in that sort of society anymore yet we haven't introduced punishments to deal with these people.

Basically you can go around terrorising people and you won't go to prison.

This needs to stop. A three strikes law is the solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,819 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

OMM 0000 wrote:
    But we don't live in that sort of society anymore yet we haven't introduced punishments to deal with these people.

... So increasing 'punishment', resolves these kind of issues?

Wanderer78 wrote: »

It certainly better than what we have at the moment..

Scum behaviour needs to see proper repercussions...

Those scum who assaulted that girl who fell onto the tracks.

What sort punishment/repercussions do to think they deserve?

Wanderer78 wrote:

walshb wrote:
    What sort punishment/repercussions do to think they deserve?

So, are you going to answer?

walshb wrote:
    So, are you going to answer?

Are you, is there any conclusive evidence to support these claims of increased 'punishment' leads to reduced crime?

Are you, is there any conclusive evidence to support these claims of increased 'punishment' leads to reduced crime?

There’s evidence that doing things as we currently do has no affect on crime rates.

Yes..

Minimum 10 years detention on conviction for that crime by those teens..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I have a neighbor who works in one of the services that is there to help these teens. He told me this week one of the 19 year lads he works with who has been dating an 18 year girl for about four months found out she was 8 weeks pregnant and to celebrate they as in he and the girlfriend decided to buy a load of cans of cider and do lines of coke all night.

Children having children who were children of children themselves there is a huge part of the problem.

These people aren’t children. I didn’t know my arse from my elbow when I was 18, but I still knew it would be a colossal mistake to drink like a fish and do cartloads of drugs if I was a pregnant woman.

At times, our society was become so apologetic towards smugbag behaviour.

The “sure they don’t know any better” is BS. Those teens in Howth aren’t geniuses but they know well how disgusting their behaviour is.

I was reading up on the juvenile diversion programme. From what I can tell, participation by the offender is all voluntary and if they decide to go, then it’s chats about their feelings, teaching them to make coffee or day trips out.

I haven’t found how many in the programme re offend as I’ve been busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

What does it matter? They should be punished either way. How can you justify not punishing a group of scum who could have killed an innocent woman?

• Advertisement

There’s evidence that doing things as we currently do has no affect on crime rates.

yup, id agree with this alright
    walshb wrote: »
    Yes..

Minimum 10 years detention on conviction for that crime by those teens..

...twud hardly cost you a fortune, would it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I was reading up on the juvenile diversion programme. From what I can tell, participation by the offender is all voluntary and if they decide to go, then it’s chats about their feelings, teaching them to make coffee or day trips out.

I haven’t found how many in the programme re offend as I’ve been busy.
    There seem to be a number of aspects to it, according to this.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/children_and_young_offenders/garda_juvenile_diversion_programme.html

MarkY91 wrote: »
    What does it matter? They should be punished either way. How can you justify not punishing a group of scum who could have killed an innocent woman?

...because incarceration reduces crime, and even longer incarceration reduces it even further, doesnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Ireland needs to grow up and accept we have a serious problem with scumbags and no amount of naive reform is going to save them.

We need to simply implement a three strikes law so we can permanently remove these awful people from our society.

The sort of kids in the Howth Dart video are causing chaos everywhere (constantly breaking the law) so we can pretty quickly take them out of society.

I do not understand why Irish society is tolerating so much bad behaviour. Do we want to live in a nice country or not?

Alot of it imo, comes from the idea that we were all rebels and the famine poor and we were all down trodden so we share the burden. And therefore any agents or movement acting against our people are the enemy, and all the sons of Roisin need to be looked after no matter how bad an egg they are. Look at our police force for a living example. We can't have tough well equipped police, because ah shure aren't they there only by our consent. We couldn't be having them like the old days. This becomes more prevalant when you remove the conservative tools (mainly the church and schools) we used to keep this in check (but who the **** wants to go back to that ****show)

The reality is we always had extremely wealthy people and many were agents or fans of the crown. There's a reason Dublin people are called jackeens.

Ironically if you take a look at the records, alot of the people of the inner city are the decedents of British workers who came here in the boom in the 18th century. Alot of welsh names. There's a reason when you look at names that are serial offenders you get your Thompsons, Dumbrells, zambras, Hutch (welsh) and so on. Ironically these are the truest gaels on the island. But its part of that false narrative we paint as an island, that maybe backs us into these ideological corners (i.e a sean lemass hating British Georgian Dublin, but the modern day person holding it as a bastion of Irishness)

And the latter is part of the issue in fairness. All those jobs are gone. Standing down the docks or the windjammer waiting for a boat to proffer yourself to unload. all gone. Nothing to replace it. Tech companies (i work for one) don't do anything for the local community in my experience. At least in practical terms.

And then add in all the other issues proffered on this thread and you get to where we are.

The reality is that dominic street was far worse back in the day. but thats part of the issue. As modern Ireland with all its normality and new peoples encroaches on the old territory then some will feel trapped and act out. Imo it will get worse and it will be enabled because of the above.

...because incarceration reduces crime, and even longer incarceration reduces it even further, doesnt it?

It stops the person locked up reoffending anyway. So if a criminal with 100 previous convictions over a five year period was locked up for 4 years at the end of year one when they had 20 convictions then that’s 80 crimes averted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

It stops the person locked up reoffending anyway. So if a criminal with 100 previous convictions over a five year period was locked up for 4 years at the end of year one when they had 20 convictions then that’s 80 crimes averted.

And what happens when the person is released after spending a decade with others of their kind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

These teenagers need social housing, free if needed. You can’t play poker if you don’t have a hand of cards.

Jequ0n wrote: »
    And what happens when the person is released after spending a decade with others of their kind?

Jequ0n wrote: »

You’ve still got 80 crimes prevented!

Make it mandatory to learn a trade whilst inside. Perhaps a couple of years of National Service whilst on probation. It could be just the steer in the right direction that they’ve been looking for. No doubt there will be a percentage who will reoffend but that’s their choice and if caught, lock them up again for a longer time. Obviously they prefer being in prison.

• Advertisement

You’ve still got 80 crimes prevented!

Make it mandatory to learn a trade whilst inside. Perhaps a couple of years of National Service whilst on probation. It could be just the steer in the right direction that they’ve been looking for. No doubt there will be a percentage who will reoffend but that’s their choice and if caught, lock them up again for a longer time. Obviously they prefer being in prison.

...cause we all love being made to do things, dont we!

Advertisement