Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭jmreire

Eh no.
    Spend a grand or more on a bike and be all surprised it's not there on your return because you skimped and used a sh1tty lock you could pull apart with your bare hands.

Problem is that its very hard to find a lock and chain that will resist a battery powered mini angle grinder, as countless Toyota Prius owners can attest to after having their CATs stolen in literlly a few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,085 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Pink11 wrote: »
    I have seen scrotes with hacksaws on O' Connell ST, broad daylight cutting locks. A few of us stood around trying to intimate them, cautious because they had a dangerous weapon. They didn't give a crap. Two knacks chatting away as they cut into a few locks. Strolled off slowly chatting away with 2 bikes each, one in each arm. We kept looking around, surely a garda will pass by the main street in Dublin any minute now? Of course not. Parked up down the road stopping every car asking where they're going instead.

So yet another person that wants the Guards to be everywhere at all times. The Guards on those checkpoints no more want to be there than the people who are being stopped, but in an military rank organisation, the ones on the ground do what they're told. Did any of ye ring the Gardai? Record them on the phone and be willing to give evidence in court?
    jmreire wrote: »
    Problem is that its very hard to find a lock and chain that will resist a battery powered mini angle grinder, as countless Toyota Prius owners can attest to after having their CATs stolen in literlly a few mins.

If someone is bringing one of them around to cut bike locks, it doesn't matter what type of lock, but I'd imagine scummers walking around with mini angle grinders cutting locks off bikes is a rare occurrence.

Yes, if a scummer wants something bad enough, it doesn't matter what security you have, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't have any and expect the state to sort it. Maybe if you had a massive thick lock/chain, they might not go for that one and instead go for the one beside it with the Tesco lock. Scummers are everywhere, best we can do is make it a bit harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

So yet another person that wants the Guards to be everywhere at all times. The Guards on those checkpoints no more want to be there than the people who are being stopped, but in an military rank organisation, the ones on the ground do what they're told. Did any of ye ring the Gardai? Record them on the phone and be willing to give evidence in court?

It's a main street in Dublin, lunch time. It shouldn't be that easy to go back and forth stealing bikes all day.

Yes gardai were called and video was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,085 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's a main street in Dublin, lunch time. It shouldn't be that easy to go back and forth stealing bikes all day.

Yes gardai were called and video was given.

Ah I know what happened there. All gangs of scrotes didn't get the memo to stop committing other crimes during lunch time in Dublin so that the Gardai can be free to go on the beat to catch bike thieves. They should have got it by now though, so it shouldn't happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Blaming the gardai for their none presence is just covering over the real problems. Its the whole judicial system that is at fault, must be very disheartening when apprehending these scumbags only to see them walk free without punishment to offend again. Anyone would soon start to lose interest in doing their job.

Another massive problem now with kids is that they are brought up to think that they can't be punished for their actions. When I was young I was put in my place many a time with a good slap and at school if I acted the maggot or disrespected the teacher I suffered the punishment, I admit that I deserved every slap I got and soon found out that there was a sore price to pay for my actions.

Before someone starts about me condoning abuse I know in some homes and school this punishment was brutal and totally wrong and unwarranted

Nowadays that is all changed and all of the above I have mentioned can't be done, children nowadays are taught that they cannot be punished for their actions.As some grow into adults and still carry this with them and as we see they are %100 right as they wander through life with no respect for law and order.

I know that punishment of children is wrong in alot of cases and in some cases abused but we have totally gone over the top on this and created the scumbag product that we seen in the video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

The Howth Dart teenagers thing has made it all the way to Asia.

I was watching the news today (Japan) and they were showing it. I've also seen it on South Korean and Chinese news.

Well done Ireland, keep your head in the sand and let the country's reputation nosedive.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

OMM 0000 wrote:
    Well done Ireland, keep your head in the sand and let the country's reputation nosedive.

'reputation'?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,327 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    The Howth Dart teenagers thing has made it all the way to Asia.

I was watching the news today (Japan) and they were showing it. I've also seen it on South Korean and Chinese news.

'Our best and brightest' (tm)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,508 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

.42. wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the only solution I see that my straighten these teen gangs is vigilantism.

Do not encourage anyone to take the law into their own hands

That's encouraging illegal activity and breaches site rules

Any questions PM me - do not respond to this warning in-thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

.42. wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the only solution I see that my straighten these teen gangs is vigilantism.

If someone does happen to take the law into their own hands I am fairly sure it will be themselves who will fair the worse.
    Also some people still think you shouldn't raise your voice or give these toe rags a slap. As I said they have never had to worry about what they do wrong so why bother about the law.

• Advertisement

Ah I know what happened there. All gangs of scrotes didn't get the memo to stop committing other crimes during lunch time in Dublin so that the Gardai can be free to go on the beat to catch bike thieves. They should have got it by now though, so it shouldn't happen again.

More presence would help as a start. Just having them SEEN more would definitely break a few things up. Everyone understands a more strategic, long-term approach across the entire system is needed so your sarcastic responses are going nowhere.

It's completely viable to be shocked that crime can occur all day long in broad daylight on a main, busy street in our capital. What hope do others areas have if we can't even keep the busiest of places more protected and patrolled?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    'reputation'?

A lot of Asian students choose Ireland for university.

This is very damaging.

Why does the government continue to ignore this issue?

Generations after generations of scum, ruining things for everyone, and almost no consequences. In fact, they get everything for free.

What's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    A lot of Asian students choose Ireland for university.

This is very damaging.

Why does the government continue to ignore this issue?

Generations after generations of scum, ruining things for everyone, and almost no consequences. In fact, they get everything for free.

What's going on?

....because it would mean owning up to ignoring the actual needs of generations of citizen's, and still doing so, and it would mean requiring to invest vasts amounts in order to try deal with it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

More presence would help as a start. Just having them SEEN more would definitely break a few things up. Everyone understands a more strategic, long-term approach across the entire system is needed so your sarcastic responses are going nowhere.

It's completely viable to be shocked that crime can occur all day long in broad daylight on a main, busy street in our capital. What hope do others areas have if we can't even keep the busiest of places more protected and patrolled?

I agree. More visibility is essential for basic deterrent. The problem is that with every new piece of legislation, policy or procedure brought in by both the gov and garda management; not to mention the oversight bodies - there is more and more paperwork being introduced which stretches an already under-resourced and over-bureaucratic policing and criminal justice system.

What used to be the case of a guard being able to gather evidence, arrest a suspect and charge them to court for minor matters (shoplifting, drink driving, common assault etc) has now become a far more detailed process involving the gathering evidence and arrest followed by detention, interview and charge pending a full file a copy of which would be sought by the defence so that they can adjourn the matter to a second appearance. All extra steps incurring additional costs and time where the guard is sitting at a desk writing, typing on a computer or sitting in a court as opposed to being out policing.

Not to mention every new offence that hits the statute books is an additional crime that needs to be investigated and researched by the guards, the dpp and then presented before the judiciary.

For what was once fairly swift through until the 90s has basically ground down to a halt where some matters aren't dealt with for a year plus - even if they're relatively minor.

It's very important to ensure good oversight and legislation for new forms of crime but without reorganising and restructuring the systems around enforcing and prosecuting those laws you'll see many guards sitting on pcs and not being on the street for time to come.

Being public bodies however I anticipate greater window dressing and less streamlining.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭derekgine3

The only bad encounters i have had with the scumbag teenagers these days has been when walking past them and they will make a nasty comment or loud noise to startle. Hardmen in numbers, i have photogenic memory of their faces but yet to see them by themselves with no cameras/smart phones around.

One commonality they all possess, is they are cowards on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

Family members of the Howth gang are apparently crying out for people to leave their kids alone. 'They're just kids having fun'.

Posting up 'tributes' to their angels accompanied by a collage of photos of their little scrote. Showing their love and support to 'dare lil angelz'.

If this is the attitude of the parents, these kids have no chance. It's hopeless because they are underage the state don't want to know, the parents don't want to know.

I really hope the anger continues so at least we are being a pain in the backside and keep pressure on. I got a reply from RTE today to say they would 'decide' if my complaint will be considered. Sounds like it'll be left rot in a pile. Damage is done if you ask me, it's too late, the articles have been printed, read by thousands making it look like it was an accident 'girl ran to avoid the boys tripping between the gap.'

Any links ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,482 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Family members of the Howth gang are apparently crying out for people to leave their kids alone. 'They're just kids having fun'.

Posting up 'tributes' to their angels accompanied by a collage of photos of their little scrote. Showing their love and support to 'dare lil angelz'.

If this is the attitude of the parents, these kids have no chance. It's hopeless because they are underage the state don't want to know, the parents don't want to know.

I really hope the anger continues so at least we are being a pain in the backside and keep pressure on. I got a reply from RTE today to say they would 'decide' if my complaint will be considered. Sounds like it'll be left rot in a pile. Damage is done if you ask me, it's too late, the articles have been printed, read by thousands making it look like it was an accident 'girl ran to avoid the boys tripping between the gap.'

Oh, I'm sure it will with you telling lies and scarmongering on public forums.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,482 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Why would taxes have to be higher?

Why don't we give less welfare money to the scum instead?

EDIT - never mind, just seen the post count.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

Children's allowance payments that aren't capped encourage people who can't afford to have kids, to have kids. The parents don't particularly care about the kids, they just want the money.

Kids are neglected and grow up to be scum. Realise, at about 11 years of age, they are untouchable in terms of the law. Fall in with the wrong crowd and start in drugs and delivering/dealing as they can't be punished and once in that circle of people, they all egg each other on to do more depraved stuff as it's all just a bit of craic.

Keep in mind, even adults in Ireland don't really face the consequences of their actions.

Meanwhile, the poor chaps will have signed up for the housing list (where having an anti-social record and criminal convictions don't slow you down getting a free house) and you'll have your medical card, social welfare, etc. when you're an adult, and the kids know all this, as they've been told it over and over again by the adults around them.

Once someone goes into "that" side of the economy, and starts with never working a real job, dealing drugs, acting like a thug and getting away with it all, it's incredibly difficult to get them back on the 'right' side of things at all.

There is no effort by the Gardai or Councils to tackle the issues or hit the scumbags where it hurts, so there is no fear of repercussion, as there rarely is any repercussion to fear.

10 years ago , a retired teacher told me about the concept that evolution in humans had presumed stopped.
    He pointed out that, a faction with values will dominate in the late twenties, relying on the few with their similar offspring, and the equilibrium will prevail until collapse ....cf Cuckoo culture

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ....because it would mean owning up to ignoring the actual needs of generations of citizen's, and still doing so, and it would mean requiring to invest vasts amounts in order to try deal with it.....

Give over. We’ve one of the best social welfare systems in the world. These poor oppressed criminals come from places that are almost impossible for ordinary people to buy into.

• Advertisement

fvp4 wrote: »
    Give over. We’ve one of the best social welfare systems in the world. These poor oppressed criminals come from places that are almost impossible for ordinary people to buy into.

It's unreal, isn't it?

I used to work in Citywest (business estate in Tallaght) and next to each other you had the Jobstown council houses and the Citywest apartments/houses.

So the unemployed Jobstown folk get a free house, free money, free college, free public transport.

Yet they're the victims?

War is peace, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

One of they boys mothers now is talking about suing Irish Rail because her sons image was released and he was identified

https://www.sundayworld.com/crime/irish-crime/mum-of-dart-attack-suspect-threatens-to-sue-irish-rail-over-cctv-footage-leak-40430550.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

messrs wrote: »
    One of they boys mothers now is talking about suing Irish Rail because her sons image was released and he was identified

https://www.sundayworld.com/crime/irish-crime/mum-of-dart-attack-suspect-threatens-to-sue-irish-rail-over-cctv-footage-leak-40430550.html

Would it be worth the hassle??
    Shell probably only get about €35,000 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭Be right back

Is she concerned at all what her little darling was up to or is more motivated by money?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Hah just proves shes a scrote herself, her sons behaviour is the problem yet all shes interested in is trying to get free money. Feck her hope she gets nothing as for all we know it could have been a guard who leaked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Is she concerned at all what her little darling was up to or is more motivated by money?

Motivated by the money its seems. Appears to be more concerned that he was caught rather than what he was actually doing! Sure kids will be kids and all that............

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Id love this to be a tipping point

Honestly the state of that child and their parents, absolute toerags.

Was taking to a member of the special garda unit about it, justice system is a joke, not enough spaces, not enough deterrent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Id love this to be a tipping point

Honestly the state of that child and their parents, absolute toerags.

I'd say there's a backlash starting to build up now against both the scrotes themselves and the scrote parents as well. This kind of shíte has been going on for years but now its starting to boil over as we're all fed up of the feral little ****s acting the bollock's and seemingly suffering no consequences. The little bastards would likely have gotten away with this too only for the fact that this went viral that they're getting their comeuppance now.

Any links ?

Obviously I can’t post names and links to personal social media account on here. They’re being shared on WhatsApp and in comments section on the news articles. Plenty of names given and family members in defending in the comments.

Not one bit surprised one is officially threatening to sue the way they’re carrying on. Their attitude shows how hopeless it all is.

I’m not telling lies, you won’t have to look hard to find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 11112

11112 wrote: »
    This is how I handled it with the guards. First I went straight to the guards, confessed everything and apologised. Because of this and no past offences the guard was willing to give me a caution. The mother wouldn't accept this and the guard said we have to take a long statement and send it to the DPP with a recommendation of a caution, I agreed to this.

Then the other side refused to come in and give their statement, they kept making appointments and not showing up. They basically wound down the clock to save themselves. The guard knew this and at the end of the 6 months limit he had the option of calling me in and giving me the caution or just letting it slip. He let it slip

Update on my story, apparently she did give a statement , it was very near the 6 months limit. Probably the last week or so, so even if she couldn't stick to the accident story there wouldn't be time to prosecute her. So it went to the DPP, the gaurd came back to me "No prosecution"

Advertisement