Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Troll go bye bye now, thread cleaned up.

Infini wrote: »
    Hah just proves shes a scrote herself, her sons behaviour is the problem yet all shes interested in is trying to get free money. Feck her hope she gets nothing as for all we know it could have been a guard who leaked it.

Unfortunately she may have a point. There could be a GDPR issue here.

Id love this to be a tipping point

Honestly the state of that child and their parents, absolute toerags.

Was taking to a member of the special garda unit about it, justice system is a joke, not enough spaces, not enough deterrent

Should be a tipping point across many issues. Link the social, claims and funds taking the piss buying up housing stock issue for scrotes like these to live in with taxpayer money you can only surmise we are a docile bunch and nothing will change.

Next week will be another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Should be a tipping point across many issues. Link the social, claims and funds taking the piss buying up housing stock issue for scrotes like these to live in with taxpayer money you can only surmise we are a docile bunch and nothing will change.

Next week will be another story.

Pretty sure the kids in the train station video are from the area and nearly everyone works and pays for their house out this way.
    It's a culture we have of yobbishness, getting up to no good, fighting, vandalism etc etc are just things that a lot of our youth get up to and always have. Can you even blame the parents for that? I certainly don't blame mine for getting up to no good as a teen.
    Far worse things than this have occurred in the past, they are quickly forgotten about and nothing ever changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,785 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd like to think it was their neighbours or those in their community who identified them to the Gardai, that's the only way to deal with people like this, ostricise them from society until they see the errors in their ways.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately she may have a point. There could be a GDPR issue here.

Legally she might have

Morally speaking, anyone decent in that position ought be absolutely mortified and condemn their child’s behaviour rather than rowing in behind them for an easy payout...shameless parasite

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I wonder if it hadn't been leaked what action, if any would have been taken.
    I believe if this footage had not gotten out into the public domain it would just become another unreported incident leaving the little toe rags to get away with their scummy behaviour AGAIN.
    But this time it's out for the world to see and in this case it just shows the argument regarding parenting holds water. She ought to be ashamed of her child's behaviour and the state of her trying to cash in on his infamy. She should be eternally grateful that the girl wasn't killed.
    I believe that All CCTV recordings showing this type of anti social behaviour should be made public so that members of the public, if they want to, can help authorities identify those involved, as has happened in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

messrs wrote: »
    One of they boys mothers now is talking about suing Irish Rail because her sons image was released and he was identified

https://www.sundayworld.com/crime/irish-crime/mum-of-dart-attack-suspect-threatens-to-sue-irish-rail-over-cctv-footage-leak-40430550.html

Here we go:

"Irish Rail investigating ‘unauthorised’ leak of Howth Junction video."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/irish-rail-investigating-unauthorised-leak-of-howth-junction-video-1.4566708

The family members reaction to the whole thing online and offline is nearly as shocking as the attack itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,785 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How are RTE allowed show CCTV footage on Crimeline if there's GDPR issues around releasing similar footage on social media where there's visual evidence of an actual crime being commited?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

How are RTE allowed show CCTV footage on Crimeline if there's GDPR issues around releasing similar footage on social media where there's visual evidence of an actual crime being commited?

I think it's because they are minors! I don't think Crimecall shows children/teenagers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Just curious if there is any connection between the youths that were at Howth Junction and the ones filmed in Malahide trying to get at the lad on the car?
    I was out that way today and was under the belief they were the same crowd, but I was told (pretty much categorically) that they are two separate groups and incidents, she even named a few of them (I won't be doing that, not that I can remember all the names anyway).
    I thought I saw somewhere (probably a twitter link) that they were the same lads, but I can't remember where I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Maybe she wants to get a gdrp compo payout in order to offer it to her son's victim by way of redress? Presumably if she takes the case her name will become public and by extension, he son's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Pretty sure the kids in the train station video are from the area and nearly everyone works and pays for their house out this way.
    It's a culture we have of yobbishness, getting up to no good, fighting, vandalism etc etc are just things that a lot of our youth get up to and always have. Can you even blame the parents for that? I certainly don't blame mine for getting up to no good as a teen.
    Far worse things than this have occurred in the past, they are quickly forgotten about and nothing ever changes.

I have heard that there are not from the area but travel to the train station on their bikes to get on the Dart then head out to Howth and Malahide. I also think Irish rail have questions to answer about the security both at Dart stations and on the Dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

Is she concerned at all what her little darling was up to or is more motivated by money?

Its all about the money and the fact that her FB friends now have proof of what a little s c u m bag her angle is

Can the actual victim sue the thugs and their parents ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Legally she might have

Morally speaking, anyone decent in that position ought be absolutely mortified and condemn their child’s behaviour rather than rowing in behind them for an easy payout...shameless parasite

I am guessing her case rests on them being minors because I didn’t think there was an expectation of privacy in public area.

If it was my son I would be mortified that he would get involved in something like this. I certainly wouldn’t be looking for a payout when my child has done wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

So yet another person that wants the Guards to be everywhere at all times. The Guards on those checkpoints no more want to be there than the people who are being stopped, but in an military rank organisation, the ones on the ground do what they're told. Did any of ye ring the Gardai? Record them on the phone and be willing to give evidence in court?

If someone is bringing one of them around to cut bike locks, it doesn't matter what type of lock, but I'd imagine scummers walking around with mini angle grinders cutting locks off bikes is a rare occurrence.

Yes, if a scummer wants something bad enough, it doesn't matter what security you have, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't have any and expect the state to sort it. Maybe if you had a massive thick lock/chain, they might not go for that one and instead go for the one beside it with the Tesco lock. Scummers are everywhere, best we can do is make it a bit harder.

No just another person that wants to see Gardai, somewhere on our main streets. take a stroll around Dublin on a normal day and count the number of gardai you see. Not on cars, on foot or on patrol. I do it every day as part of my work, and trust me there is **** all about. And part of the issue is people like you defending it.

The fact that somebody can angle grind away a lock on our main streets is a ****ing embarassment.

Can the actual victim sue the thugs and their parents ?

It would be great if one of the victims then sued and was awarded whatever yer ones mammy is suing for plus costs :pac:

It would be great if one of the victims then sued and was awarded whatever yer ones mammy is suing for plus costs :pac:

Thats what I was thinking or double whatever their claim comes in at.

I keep thinking that poor girl must be terrified of going out after what happened her. I know I would be. What happened her is a trauma not easily gotten over.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

starkid wrote: »
    No just another person that wants to see Gardai, somewhere on our main streets. take a stroll around Dublin on a normal day and count the number of gardai you see. Not on cars, on foot or on patrol. I do it every day as part of my work, and trust me there is **** all about. And part of the issue is people like you defending it.

The fact that somebody can angle grind away a lock on our main streets is a ****ing embarassment.

Well said. Would you see that in any other European city?

To paint the full picture and what makes this even worse imo, they had a hacksaw so they had to grind the locks down manually which took them quite some time, just outside Supermacs, the busier end of O' Connell St. Everyone was looking as they passed in disbelief but who is going to approach two extremely dodgy looking blokes with hacksaws? I'm sure they have progressed to a motorised angle grinder with the proceeds after selling on done deal.

The two were chatting away to each other as they 'worked' and had another two bikes on ground next to them. 'Something they made earlier' :rolleyes:

Actually, one of the 'Howth scrotes' had a scooter 'for sale' too on his public profile. Be interested to see that receipt...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I'm delighted who ever leaked the footage. Also how were they to tell the age of the dirt bags ?

Change will only come with more outrage from the public to these sort of incidents. Things seem to be getting worse as years go by. Something has to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

Pink11 wrote: »

To paint the full picture and what makes this even worse imo, they had a hacksaw so they had to grind the locks down manually which took them quite some time, just outside Supermacs, the busier end of O' Connell St. Everyone was looking as they passed in disbelief but who is going to approach two extremely dodgy looking blokes with hacksaws? I'm sure they have progressed to a motorised angle grinder following the proceeds after selling on done deal.

The two were chatting away to each other as they 'worked' and had another two bike on ground next to them. 'Something they made earlier' :rolleyes:

Actually, one of the 'Howth scrotes' had a scooter 'for sale' too on his public profile. Be interested to see that receipt...

I'll give two examples from Spain and France.

Now i'll preface by saying i know its full of pickpockets. But its full of police ready to crack heads for any violent activities. I was at a stag in Barcelona about three years ago. Some lads starts singing some Irish tune in one of the square off las ramblas. 20 police surround us in shields and truncheons out. In Europe any violent or messing, and definitely **** acting gets met with serious policing. Obviously the counter to that is they have alot of non chalant policing around minor issues particlarly in the so called PIG countries, etc. But any European city i have visited i have seen loads and loads of police about. So yeah bikes get robbed, of course. But people taking angle grinders to bikes doesn't tend to happen in the city centre proper. We have a huge issue here with many of our city centre covered in problematic non mixed social housing. That's the uncomfortable truth.

Also i holiday in Argeles. Every Friday night, in the square about 40 well armed police patrol and wait for any issues that may arise. You know, visible, pro-active policing. When that happens you don't have to wish for them to appear. You could literally walk the streets of Dublin over a whole weekend and not come across one Garda on foot. I know as i've done this. Again for the interest of balance i will say there is undercover. However thats not a deterrent to the complaints here.

The fact of the matter is we have serious crime happening outside our main stations. A woman was murdered about 100 metres from the aungier street checkpoint. If they can man checkpoints, they can sure as **** do patrols. No matter how boring that may be.

I watched the inside the K, and in fairness as its mentioned there, we don't have enough boots on the ground. I think its the least number of police per capita in the EU at least. Shameful, and its only going to get worse.

Pink11 wrote: »

To paint the full picture and what makes this even worse imo, they had a hacksaw so they had to grind the locks down manually which took them quite some time, just outside Supermacs, the busier end of O' Connell St. Everyone was looking as they passed in disbelief but who is going to approach two extremely dodgy looking blokes with hacksaws? I'm sure they have progressed to a motorised angle grinder with the proceeds after selling on done deal.

The two were chatting away to each other as they 'worked' and had another two bikes on ground next to them. 'Something they made earlier' :rolleyes:

would let there be any warranty remaining on it I wonder��

2smiggy wrote: »
    I'm delighted who ever leaked the footage. Also how were they to tell the age of the dirt bags ?

Exactly. I really hope the person who leaked it doesn't get into too much trouble. They probably did it as after a month realised f-uck all was being done about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Floppybits wrote: »
    I have heard that there are not from the area but travel to the train station on their bikes to get on the Dart then head out to Howth and Malahide. I also think Irish rail have questions to answer about the security both at Dart stations and on the Dart.
    You can see in the Dart station video that they are all getting off the Dart. When the girl falls, there are still at least two others getting off the train with their bikes. I haven't heard of them being in/causing trouble Howth, I thought that was the mistake about the station (Howth Junction).
    I was told very convincingly yesterday that they aren't the same two groups. The guy on top of the car, father died a few years back and has been in a bit of trouble since. Nothing major, but he is not unknown to the Gardai. Two of them on the ground, one that goes around the car are from the same area. The tubby guy in the red (who seems to be the one most assume is the guy in the Dart video), is apparently from a little further out, but not the next town.
    I was told names, but can't remember most of them, not would I put them here, I was just curious if anyone had any information that refutes that?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Annd9

Exactly. I really hope the person who leaked it doesn't get into too much trouble. They probably did it as after a month realised f-uck all was being done about it.

That's a tricky one , the person who released the non blurred footage may have now jeopardised the inquiry and possibly given one of the little scrotes a pay out .

Releasing CCTV has serious consequences , remember Dara Quigley ? Or the Gareth Hutch shooting ? Both filmed by Garda on their mobiles which led to a tragedy in one case and serious safety concerns for people in the other .

Suckit wrote: »
    You can see in the Dart station video that they are all getting off the Dart. When the girl falls, there are still at least two others getting off the train with their bikes. I haven't heard of them being in/causing trouble Howth, I thought that was the mistake about the station (Howth Junction).
    I was told very convincingly yesterday that they aren't the same two groups. The guy on top of the car, father died a few years back and has been in a bit of trouble since. Nothing major, but he is not unknown to the Gardai. Two of them on the ground, one that goes around the car are from the same area. The tubby guy in the red (who seems to be the one most assume is the guy in the Dart video), is apparently from a little further out, but not the next town.
    I was told names, but can't remember most of them, not would I put them here, I was just curious if anyone had any information that refutes that?

Looking at the video it is hard to tell if they are being put off or are getting off at Howth Junction anyway. I still think the driver should have opened the doors to the girls when they first run onto the platform and press the button for the doors and because they didn't open they then had to run past the scumbags to get onto the train. Can you imagine if the trained had pulled off and left the girls on the platform alone on the platform with the scumbags.

From what I am hearing in the area that they are not from there but further up towards the Malahide road.

Annd9 wrote: »
    That's a tricky one , the person who released the non blurred footage may have now jeopardised the inquiry and possibly given one of the little scrotes a pay out .

Releasing CCTV has serious consequences , remember Dara Quigley ? Or the Gareth Hutch shooting ? Both filmed by Garda on their mobiles which led to a tragedy in one case and serious safety concerns for people in the other .

I remember more of the Dara Quigley case than the Hutch. Those were v different situations but i get the point.

Still, incredibly frustrating. I really do believe the person who leaked the footage only did so because no action was being taken. Public outrage is what puts pressure on to have these incidents dealt with.

Still, incredibly frustrating. I really do believe the person who leaked the footage only did so because no action was being taken. Public outrage is what puts pressure on to have these incidents dealt with.

This seems to be the only to get the authorities or public service to take any action nowadays. How many times have we heard of people having to go public before something is done. This is keeping the likes of Joe Duffy in a job. Why can't the authorities and Public Service provide a service to the public without having to be coerced or shamed into it by the people exposing it via social media and action only being taken due to the outrage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭donaghs

Floppybits wrote: »
    Looking at the video it is hard to tell if they are being put off or are getting off at Howth Junction anyway...
    From what I am hearing in the area that they are not from there but further up towards the Malahide road.
    Their facebook pages - if they've been identified correctly, seem to suggest they come from around Kilbarrack/Donaghmede, which is beside the station.
    I'd have to agree. If there was no CCTV no-one would know, almost no-one would care, and nothing would be done.

Advertisement