Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

donaghs wrote: »
    Beating up an old man with special needs, and filming it.
    Realistically, what can be done with kids like this?

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/teen-filmed-himself-during-stomach-churning-three-day-attack-on-vulnerable-man-1129679.html
    No Ritalin = that?

BS. That kid is a pure filthy scumbag, can't see any good for that kid. The worry about someone like him is that he obviously has a taste for easy prey. Hopefully somebody will make him as incapable of attack as the people he obviously likes to harm. But I would imagine definitely one to watch. That is not ADHD or cannabis etc. That is psychotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, handy to blame this on cannabis and ADHD. The little scrote is just that. He needs to see a prison cell for years, any adult would be getting years for that. Maybe if it was a one-off, but sustained over 3 days? If it was a family member of mine who was the victim, I'm pretty sure I'd be looking to kick the living shyte out of that "child". I'm very angry over this. Knowing this country, he'll get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again. I hope not. I hope he gets time. He deserves it. Bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I don't think whether it is safe in reality compared to other places is the real question. The question is does it feel safe.

Around O'Connell street and a broad swath from Mary St to Amien Street it just doesn't.

And the main reasons for that are two fold - an ever increasing amount of social housing only in the area and no gardaí.

Effectively it's being turned in to a bigger version of Ballymun with virtually no police to be seen. The consequences of that is you're going to get Ballymun in it's worst heyday right in the center of the city - all the trouble centralised.

It's a mix of feckless planning and policing.

People have to care at the end of the day. This is suppose to be a capital city, it's suppose to be looked after, it's suppose to be safe. It should a place to be proud of.

It's obvious not enough people do care.

There are some unsavoury types in the city centre alright but personally I've never felt threatened.
    You really don't feel safe? Are you afraid of being attacked or something?
    It used to be way worse when the city centre flats were like slums and no one had any money at all, and the kids were pretty rough back then too, you wouldn't in your right mind walk into certain parts of town like anywhere near flats or where the IFSC is now.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/teen-filmed-himself-during-stomach-churning-three-day-attack-on-vulnerable-man-1129679.html

That should be in the circuit court and he needs to do time. The little scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Suckit wrote: »
    No Ritalin = that?

BS. That kid is a pure filthy scumbag, can't see any good for that kid. The worry about someone like him is that he obviously has a taste for easy prey. Hopefully somebody will make him as incapable of attack as the people he obviously likes to harm. But I would imagine definitely one to watch. That is not ADHD or cannabis etc. That is psychotic.

Disgusting.

The only good thing about that story is that it was his own mother that turned him in. Some degree of parenting there at least.

• Advertisement

Disgusting.

The only good thing about that story is that it was his own mother that turned him in. Some degree of parenting there at least.

When If she ****s him out in a few years that'll be used a few years later in his defence for something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I wonder if the Garda hadn't met him on the way to the ATM how would have things turned out, probably much worse given the treatment they had already inflicted on him, probably resulting in his death.
    Cowardly little pond scum, worse than sh!t on a shoe.
    Credit to the parents for handing over the evidence to the Garda, hopefully he goes away for a while.
    But What's The Bets It's Hugs and a Slap on the Wrist for the Little Psycho!!
    Please judge, prove us wrong and restore some of our faith in the judicial system and lock him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

I read about that this evening. Mad me feel sick to my stomach. At least the parents brought the phone & son to the station when they found out what he had done.
    I don't think that should work in his favour though- even when I know the judge will take it into consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

K.Flyer wrote: »
    I wonder if the Garda hadn't met him on the way to the ATM how would have things turned out, probably much worse given the treatment they had already inflicted on him, probably resulting in his death.
    Cowardly little pond scum, worse than sh!t on a shoe.
    Credit to the parents for handing over the evidence to the Garda, hopefully he goes away for a while.
    But What's The Bets It's Hugs and a Slap on the Wrist for the Little Psycho!!
    Please judge, prove us wrong and restore some of our faith in the judicial system and lock him up.

The judge sent the case to the Children's Court when he had the option of sending it to the Circuit Court. This judge has already decided that the victim and the rest of society has lost this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Teen gets two years' detention for dangerous driving causing death of Deliveroo cyclist Thiago Cortes https://jrnl.ie/5442880

Two years for killing someone....wow

Judge Martin Nolan....of course...

• Advertisement

That case was so sad. 2 years is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

gmisk wrote: »
    Teen gets two years' detention for dangerous driving causing death of Deliveroo cyclist Thiago Cortes https://jrnl.ie/5442880

Martin Nolan....wow

He is really lucky he wasnt smuggling garlic

In effect for people under 18 years old, Ireland is a lawless society. There’s no real law.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Can't even begin to imagine how the family and friends of Thiago Cortes must feel.

Two years... words fail me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

That sentence has left me sick.

The boy was rallying a car around Dublin city, not a field or an industrial estate but a residential area in the city, alcohol with his DNA was found in the car and he fled the scene, should have gotten 10 years. the poor victims family didn't get any justice.

there were other kids in the car too, are they being prosecuted?

Can't even begin to imagine how the family and friends of Thiago Cortes must feel.

Two years... words fail me. :mad:

Less as he has credit for any time he’s already been detained.

In many countries this would be vehicular manslaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Nolan is a disgrace to the judiciary, and I really hope the DPP appeals this.

There really needs to be a way of removing judges like him from the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Should be protests which I'd happily join. Insane. There is no justice in this country.

And that fool in the department of so called Justice wants to RAISE the age of criminal responsibility getting cautions instead of sentences for certain crimes to 24

Twenty fcuking four. Grown adults ffs.

People should be on the streets. Every single piece of bullsh!t legislation is an assault on every law abiding person in this country.

People need to wake up and demand an end to this madness.

What is wrong with these people? How cocooned does one have to be from reality to think any of this is OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I'm in full agreement with you on this, this ****ing scrote might've pleaded guilty but he killed someone who was busting their bollocks in a shítty job, so what fúcking kind of message does it send out to people that Thiago Cortez's life was worth as little as 2 years and WITH credit for that matter? This isnt justice, it's not even a proper punishment it's a joke and and absolute slap in the face to the victims family.

Shít like this also send's out the message that there's no justice in this country or for peoples loved ones, do we have to see things get to the point where we see vigilante justice in the form of "A time to kill" before some common sense is realised here?

Nolan is also coming across as a disgrace of a Judge and constantly coming up with appallingly lenient sentences in cases like this, there needs to be a serious review of this as this is going beyond ridiculous it's farcical now. The DPP needs to appeal this as well this is NOT justice, this is a joke and beyond the pale now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Here's the Louth Chief Super on the possible repercussions of antisocial behaviour. Clearly he believes there is a way to address it.
    Louth's Chief Superintendent: Parents 'will face consequences' over children's antisocial behaviour in Drogheda

https://www.lmfm.ie/news/lmfm-news/louths-chief-superintendent-says-parents-will-face-action-over-childrens-antisocial-behavior-in-drogheda/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

And that fool in the department of so called Justice wants to RAISE the age of criminal responsibility getting cautions instead of sentences for certain crimes to 24

I do hope people protest this. Be without any shadow of a doubt - despite what reports the Government claim support this idea - this is nothing but a cost saving exercise to keep people out of the courts system as it has been over capacity for decades now.

Disappointing and shameful, really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭derekgine3

Should be protests which I'd happily join. Insane. There is no justice in this country.

People should be on the streets. Every single piece of bullsh!t legislation is an assault on every law abiding person in this country.

People need to wake up and demand an end to this madness.

What is wrong with these people? How cocooned does one have to be from reality to think any of this is OK?

They want anarchy to distract us from the fact that everything is being taken away from us.

The next generation will never own property in Ireland, they will be rent slaves to VCs/Government

Effectively it’s 2 years, minus time spent, minus time off for a life. The deliveroo workers should protest.

Wasn’t there a petition to get rid of Nolan.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Effectively it’s 2 years, minus time spent, minus time off for a life. The deliveroo workers should protest.

The country should be protesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,032 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The country should be protesting.
    Should be protests which I'd happily join.

Why don't you get something going yourself then?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

If the whole Golfgate episode taught us anything it is that a judge in this country is almost untouchable. It is very hard to get rid of them unless they want to go themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

fvp4 wrote: »

https://www.change.org/p/minister-for-justice-judge-martin-nolan-resignation

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

They say the devil looks after his own. I wish the Gardai would check Nolan's hard drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Witcher wrote: »
    Why don't you get something going yourself then?

"Can't somebody else do it?!"

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement