Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

A great little country.

Sure everyone loves the Irish blah blah.

Coming home to roost now.

Pandering and giving everything to people who have no interest in acting civil and contributing to society.

Now we have parties calling for a right to housing to be enshrined into the constitution.

Jesus its no wonder Ireland is the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭FromADistance

More 'feral' youths doing feral things in Temple Bar on Saturday night...

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/heroic-women-gardai-help-save-20759028

This comes after five youths attacked a pair of lads less than a mile away the night before

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/radissonblu-royalhotel-goldenlane-gangattack-gardai-20752020

This needs to be nipped in the bud fast by the Gardai if we're all to enjoy our 'outdoor' summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,330 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If the judiciary are not stepping up to the plate...minimum sentencing. Don’t give the judges any discretion as to be able to give arseholes a hall pass for what we’ve seen....we know they couldn’t give a fück, we know they are out of touch, we know they consider victims and society as secondary in carrying out their duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

my son came home from one of the local parks today and told me that a group of girls (that they don't know)aged 11/12 were calling the boys names and telling them to fcuk off out of the playground.
    after a bit of arguing one of the girls dragged one of the boys by his hair and kept kicking him. the girls then followed the boys from the park and kept kicking them all the way up to the main road.

this, coming from 11/12 year old GIRLS!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

my son came home from one of the local parks today and told me that a group of girls (that they don't know)aged 11/12 were calling the boys names and telling them to fcuk off out of the playground.
    after a bit of arguing one of the girls dragged one of the boys by his hair and kept kicking him. the girls then followed the boys from the park and kept kicking them all the way up to the main road.

this, coming from 11/12 year old GIRLS!

Those lads sound like some proper fucking pussies :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

nj27 wrote: »

you sound like a parent raising those types of girls

nj27 wrote: »

Kids getting attacked and you think they sound like pussies???

FFS, grow up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

These teen should be beaten up and down the streets of Dublin by riot police. No questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Bahaha, more of this please. See these mouths every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭RulesOfNature

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,119 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The corruption within the Garda is so bad I can't see a way back anytime soon.

Forget about thinking you're going see more Garda on the street in the near future, it ain't happening. Maybe in a 50kph zone to catch a few innocent people doing 55kph maybe but extra Garda where its needed is long gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

Mod: Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 29,323 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I was just about to disagree with this post, but unsure why it was banned. Where is best to ask such things?

It's a typical response from ignorance, our rising tensions in society are from complex roots, insecurities are growing rapidly, then of course there's ease of access to mind altering substances, add all that together, and you have a serious problem brewing, the scary foreigners become an easy scapegoat!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    It's a typical response from ignorance, our rising tensions in society are from complex roots, insecurities are growing rapidly, then of course there's ease of access to mind altering substances, add all that together, and you have a serious problem brewing, the scary foreigners become an easy scapegoat!

I was going to post much the same, the majority of these are multi generational Irish (and likely all the videos they are Irish). This isn't a race, nationality issue etc and pitting one against the other is more likely to escalate than solve issues.

The drugs are a big issue. I don't really see any way to "solve" it but there is no doubt Dublin has got worse. I have had more problems in the last 3 years than in the 20 preceeding it.

The drugs are a big issue. I don't really see any way to "solve" it but there is no doubt Dublin has got worse. I have had more problems in the last 3 years than in the 20 preceeding it.

There's astonish complexities involved in our rising tensions, to the point we may not even truly understand, but you can be damn sure, the ease of availability of drugs, and the money to purchase them, is definitely playing a part. There's no real 'solutions' to these issues, but you can be damn sure there's better ways to 'manage' them, I think legalisation would help, but it to would be extremely problematic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    There's astonish complexities involved in our rising tensions, to the point we may not even truly understand, but you can be damn sure, the ease of availability of drugs, and the money to purchase them, is definitely playing a part. There's no real 'solutions' to these issues, but you can be damn sure there's better ways to 'manage' them, I think legalisation would help, but it to would be extremely problematic

Not sure I agree with legalisation, I think it would likely be so regulated (look at alcohol) most using now would still use the black market/illegal drugs and you would just end up widening the user base.

Not sure I agree with legalisation, I think it would likely be so regulated (look at alcohol) most using now would still use the black market/illegal drugs and you would just end up widening the user base.

We ve no real clue what would happen exactly, Portugal is our only guide there, but such a move here could be dramatically different, we ve no clue, its a huge risk, but I think its now worth trying, even partly. I'd move to legalising class c's etc, and see what issues arise.

Legalising alcohol has worked in many ways, but of course its still very problematic, such substances will probably always be, due to our nature, and how we react to their use, but at least its now a 'safer' market, and the fact we have more accurate data to analyse its usage. We cannot say the same for illegal substances, we ve no real clue how much is actually being consumed, this causes us to create reactive systems and processes to their use, resulting in failures in adequately dealing with them.

Yes legalisation may in fact increase usage, but it potentially could be safer, and may in fact create better services and systems around this usage, all risky of course

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

The corruption within the Garda is so bad I can't see a way back anytime soon.

Forget about thinking you're going see more Garda on the street in the near future, it ain't happening. Maybe in a 50kph zone to catch a few innocent people doing 55kph maybe but extra Garda where its needed is long gone.

Corruption in Garda?
    The Irish people have demanded to strip all power from the Garda, if they do anything a video is posted and then we have a Black Lives Matter or some rubbish parade

Only one to blame for the likes of Dublin full of sc*mb*gs is the parents and the Irish people who wanted it this way, no point crying now

ineedeuro wrote:
    Only one to blame for the likes of Dublin full of sc*mb*gs is the parents and the Irish people who wanted it this way, no point crying now

Social disobedience is far more complex than just this, there's layers and layers of complexity to its origins, such oversimplification results in no change

• Registered Users Posts: 34,119 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

ineedeuro wrote: »
    Corruption in Garda?
    The Irish people have demanded to strip all power from the Garda, if they do anything a video is posted and then we have a Black Lives Matter or some rubbish parade

I'm not blaming the Garda for the problems, but when they are corrupt like they are and they dont care, then the problems ain't going away.

Not every Garda is corrupt but they have that culture within and it stems from years of it.

They ain't doing their job and sadly the ordinary person suffers as usual.

The Garda presence in the big cities and towns is non existence.

I know of a big town in North Cork that has gotten so bad that its advised by many not to walk the main streets after 6 o clock in case you bump into a gang or somebody who wants you as a statistic.

Its gone to the dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

I know of a big town in North Cork that has gotten so bad that its advised by many not to walk the main streets after 6 o clock in case you bump into a gang or somebody who wants you as a statistic.

Its gone to the dogs.

You know 'of' a 'big' town in a specific area of a county, where personal safety for people is apparently compromised, so much so that people are urged to return home and to get off the main streets after 6pm in the evening, but refuse to name it. Why?

I'm not blaming the Garda for the problems, but when they are corrupt like they are and they dont care, then the problems ain't going away.

Not every Garda is corrupt but they have that culture within and it stems from years of it.

They ain't doing their job and sadly the ordinary person suffers as usual.

The Garda presence in the big cities and towns is non existence.

Its gone to the dogs.

What do you want the Garda to do? they kids and druggies etc know the Garda can do nothing against them. They are on sh*t wages and if they did decide to do anything about it you would have a load of people with phones recording them and onto Joe within the hour to get everyone fired.

At this stage the Garda are right, you made your own mess you fix it. Why would they risk their lives? everyone else created the problem and now its "Oh Garda you fix but you can't fix it by doing anything negative"

You know 'of' a 'big' town in a specific area of a county, where personal safety for people is apparently compromised, so much so that people are urged to return home and to get off the main streets after 6pm in the evening, but refuse to name it. Why?

Strange alright, everyone names them in Dublin. Tyrellstown is a real s**thole that I wouldn't expect the Garda to even bother trying to go into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

There has been many elements simmering in a big pot for years.

All starting to come together to create the **** show that is seen up and down the country nowadays.

Strange alright, everyone names them in Dublin. Tyrellstown is a real s**thole that I wouldn't expect the Garda to even bother trying to go into it.

Do you live there?

Do you live there?

Yes

Yes

That's odd I must see different to you so. How very odd.

That's odd I must see different to you so. How very odd.

What's very odd?

What's very odd?

That you see Tyrellstown as a ****hole so bad that you wouldn't expect the Gardai to go into (LOL). I call bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Floppybits

What do you want the Garda to do? they kids and druggies etc know the Garda can do nothing against them. They are on sh*t wages and if they did decide to do anything about it you would have a load of people with phones recording them and onto Joe within the hour to get everyone fired.

At this stage the Garda are right, you made your own mess you fix it. Why would they risk their lives? everyone else created the problem and now its "Oh Garda you fix but you can't fix it by doing anything negative"

Hang on are you saying that the Gardai are now telling people to sort out the problems themselves? Are the Gardai now only carrying out certain duties such as tax and insurance checks but leaving ordinary people to sort out the other issues themselves?

Advertisement