Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

TefalBrain wrote: »
    There is crime everywhere pal thankfully incidents like that are few and far between.

Dublin overall is very safe indeed.

there was five stabbings that week. Dublin is a relatively safe city. However day by day that statement becomes less true. Particularly when you won't see a garda for dust on many days in the city centre, a centre housed in more problematic housing in key sites than many cities in Europe. AS that cohort get squeezed by modernity and an ever changing IReland many of them will lash out as we are seeing. Anyway the stats are slipping in certain areas. Irelands gun killings and shootings are trending upwards to an EU high. And as any garda will tell you gangland activity squeezes all below him and causes a chain of criminal incidents.

Ireland is a few crimes away from suffereing serious reputational damage. I know this as i work in a multinational. MAny of my colleagues are fed up.

If that poor woman had happened to be working in any of the MNCs we were goosed. Because she was a Mongolioan it got swept under the carpet. Bear in mind the killing happened a few hundred yards from a 24 hour garda covid checkpoint.

If you don't think we have a problem looming and a judicial, garda issue you are in serious, serious denial.

I live in BAllybough i'm 6,2 look like i belong. feel safe as houses most days. tell that to a woman walking around the ifsc or inner city now. i'm so angry how that death got swept under the carpet and how it gets trivialised on here.

we're a long way from Dublin becoming truly dangerous, however one sure fire way to hasten it to that point, is to give up and say shure lets keep experimenting with the no gardai and lenient sentences, while enabling and enbedding an entitlement culture.

And dangerous is only one angle. Stuff that isn't reported as crimes - harassment, public order, general levels of agression and decay - these things all matter. We just got lucky so far. We came from a history where the majority of the people were poor and rough around the edges to one of the wealthiest most progressive countries in Europe. And there's a cohort being left behind. And you can see in other countries what happened when that shift occured.Unfortunately alot of our problematic housing is in prime city centre sites. No isse with that but its the reality of it. You'll get robbed in the gare du nord, alright but you probably wouldn't in the main streets of Paris. the difference here, is that distinction is non existent. Temple Bar, CBD/IFSC, Shopping streets all fair game for chaos and crime. but shute its safe, until its you who is the victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Omackeral wrote: »
    I’m sure the overall point is that plenty of these toe-rags carry knives and just don’t give a f*ck in general.

Yep and that is where we do need a strong police response and then harsher punishments in the courts and not the revolving door we see at the moment where scumbags are out walking around with over 100 convictions and not a bother on them.

As someone mentioned earlier that underage scumbags should be made clean the streets and failure to do so would see them in detention. Then the jails and detention centres should have any luxuries (I don't know if they do) like gym's, pool tables, xboxs and playstations removed and the only thing available are books and courses that they can take. If they don't want to grand then they can stare at the walls till the sentence is over. Being locked up shouldn't be a holiday and in the community shouldn't be seen as some sort of badge of honour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Talk about changing the goalposts.

Well done, you got your hero moment

How is it changing the goal posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Northernlily

ineedeuro wrote: »
    Tell that to the woman one of them killed in the ifsc

Tell that to the Brazilian Deliveroo cyclist mowed down and killed
    Tell that to the Polish mechanics stabbed in the temple in Drimnagh
    Tell that to the man badly assaulted in Fairview the other night
    Tell that to the woman thrown off the platform in Kilbarrack

The list could go on and on. I think people who preach about it being a very safe city are either blinkered or don't live here.

I use my eyes and know what I see each day. Instances like the above are not very common but petter crime goes unchecked each and every day.

Dublin is a tiny tiny city and the swathes that have crime issues cover far too much of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

There is crime everywhere pal thankfully incidents like that are few and far between.

Dublin overall is very safe indeed.
    Keep patting yourself on the back, pal...

2019 rates of lethal gun violence among males 15 to 29 years for 13 European countries:
    10610_2018_9387_Fig5_HTML.gif

• Advertisement

They do their job, for the civilised part of ireland, people that give them respect. Why should a Garda risk his/her life for some low life just to a complaint if they retaliate

It's their job ffs. Jesus, this is laughable. If they don't want that responsibility then they shouldn't be in the force.

Absolutely laughable.

My gf lives near Herbert Park and I live up by Ballybough. It's astounding, we would regularly see two guards on the beat around Donnybrook. That is never seen up this way, ever. They sit in the protection of their cars instead of being out and engaging the local community.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

zom wrote: »
    Keep patting yourself on the back, pal...

2019 rates of lethal gun violence among males 15 to 29 years for 13 European countries:
    10610_2018_9387_Fig5_HTML.gif

I'm genuinely shocked at that :(

Tell that to the Brazilian Deliveroo cyclist mowed down and killed
    Tell that to the Polish mechanics stabbed in the temple in Drimnagh
    Tell that to the man badly assaulted in Fairview the other night
    Tell that to the woman thrown off the platform in Kilbarrack

The list could go on and on. I think people who preach about it being a very safe city are either blinkered or don't live here.

I use my eyes and know what I see each day. Instances like the above are not very common but petter crime goes unchecked each and every day.

Dublin is a tiny tiny city and the swathes that have crime issues cover far too much of it.

The thread is about teenagers with no value for life.

Lillyfae wrote: »

Why? people are burying their heads in terms of the crime in Ireland. Just look at this thread and it "ahh sure we are grand"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

The thread is about teenagers with no value for life.

What are you on about?

Explain please because this makes no sense as many of these incidences were cause by teenagers or if not slightly older ones who got away with sh!te as a teenager so advanced to more serious crimes.

• Advertisement

It's their job ffs. Jesus, this is laughable. If they don't want that responsibility then they shouldn't be in the force.

Absolutely laughable.

My gf lives near Herbert Park and I live up by Ballybough. It's astounding, we would regularly see two guards on the beat around Donnybrook. That is never seen up this way, ever. They sit in the protection of their cars instead of being out and engaging the local community.

What would you like to see them do?

Mimon wrote: »
    What are you on about?

Explain please because this makes no sense as many of these incidences were cause by teenagers or if not slightly older ones who got away with sh!te as a teenager so advanced to more serious crimes.

The woman killed in the IFSC was done by a teenager, the thread is about teenagers with no respect for life. Not sure how you are getting confused?

Absolutely laughable.

This! Maybe some people join up thinking they will be stationed in some rural backwater but surely they have to realise they may be sent to Dublin or Cork or big towns and have to uphold the law there.

The woman killed in the IFSC was done by a teenager, the thread is about teenagers with no respect for life. Not sure how you are getting confused?

Still don't get your point.

What would you like to see them do?

Their fecking job ffs - uphold the law and don't let scumbags take control of our capital city!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Still don't get your point.

That's on you though, not the OP

Their fecking job ffs - uphold the law and don't let scumbags take control of our capital city!

Why is it up to the Garda? why shouldn't everyone help to get these people out?

Only recently a thread was on here and the Garda asked to use someone back garden to get access to a drug dealer up a few doors. They did but loads of people saying tthey shouldnt

Why should the Garda be the sole people trying to combat these people while the rest of the population are fighting against them as well?

Only recently a thread was on here and the Garda asked to use someone back garden to get access to a drug dealer up a few doors. They did but loads of people saying tthey shouldnt

Why should the Garda be the sole people trying to combat these people while the rest of the population are fighting against them as well?

So lets get this straight you want ordinary citizens that do not have the backing of the law like the Gardai do to take on these people? Are you advocating for vigilante groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

If people take the law into their own hands, the courts come crashing down on them much harder than they do recidivist criminals.

Plus, not everyone is equipped to go all Paul Kersey on scumbags...
    Easy to say on the internet, not so easy to do in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Why?

Every city up and down the land is ravaged with drugs violence, anti social behaviour.

The country is now officially a kip.

• Advertisement

Floppybits wrote: »
    So lets get this straight you want ordinary citizens that do not have the backing of the law like the Gardai do to take on these people? Are you advocating for vigilante groups?

So surprised you twisted my post

No I didn’t ask for vigilante
    I asked for the population to support the Garda. Like every population should support the police force. It’s clear the people of ireland do not support them and instead will side with a group of sc*mbag criminals. Every murder they call for eye witnesses and get none. How is that helping?

It seems people prefer to protect the criminal, in that case why should the Garda bother risking their lives? You want to protect the criminals then deal with it yourself

If people take the law into their own hands, the courts come crashing down on them much harder than they do recidivist criminals.

Plus, not everyone is equipped to go all Paul Kersey on scumbags...
    Easy to say on the internet, not so easy to do in real life.

They don’t have to, they just have to provide witness account, help the Garda and not hinder

It is not the duty of the general public to police law and order. That responsibility falls on An Garda Síochána.

It is the duty of citizens to be compliant with the law.

The points you are making are nonsensical. What you are advocating is vigilantism.

That's on you though, not the OP

More like his points are so ridiculous/illogical that my brain cannot compute them.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭sergioaguero

starkid wrote: »
    there was five stabbings that week. Dublin is a relatively safe city. However day by day that statement becomes less true. Particularly when you won't see a garda for dust on many days in the city centre, a centre housed in more problematic housing in key sites than many cities in Europe. AS that cohort get squeezed by modernity and an ever changing IReland many of them will lash out as we are seeing. Anyway the stats are slipping in certain areas. Irelands gun killings and shootings are trending upwards to an EU high. And as any garda will tell you gangland activity squeezes all below him and causes a chain of criminal incidents.

Ireland is a few crimes away from suffereing serious reputational damage. I know this as i work in a multinational. MAny of my colleagues are fed up.

If that poor woman had happened to be working in any of the MNCs we were goosed. Because she was a Mongolioan it got swept under the carpet. Bear in mind the killing happened a few hundred yards from a 24 hour garda covid checkpoint.

If you don't think we have a problem looming and a judicial, garda issue you are in serious, serious denial.

I live in BAllybough i'm 6,2 look like i belong. feel safe as houses most days. tell that to a woman walking around the ifsc or inner city now. i'm so angry how that death got swept under the carpet and how it gets trivialised on here.

we're a long way from Dublin becoming truly dangerous, however one sure fire way to hasten it to that point, is to give up and say shure lets keep experimenting with the no gardai and lenient sentences, while enabling and enbedding an entitlement culture.

And dangerous is only one angle. Stuff that isn't reported as crimes - harassment, public order, general levels of agression and decay - these things all matter. We just got lucky so far. We came from a history where the majority of the people were poor and rough around the edges to one of the wealthiest most progressive countries in Europe. And there's a cohort being left behind. And you can see in other countries what happened when that shift occured.Unfortunately alot of our problematic housing is in prime city centre sites. No isse with that but its the reality of it. You'll get robbed in the gare du nord, alright but you probably wouldn't in the main streets of Paris. the difference here, is that distinction is non existent. Temple Bar, CBD/IFSC, Shopping streets all fair game for chaos and crime. but shute its safe, until its you who is the victim.

Moss Keane (RIP) former Munster and Ireland Rugby player, 6'5, animal of man, suffered a violent mugging outside heuston station, suffered a broken eye socket AFAIK...

these young lads dont care who or what you are if they think they can get easy money

So surprised you twisted my post

No I didn’t ask for vigilante
    I asked for the population to support the Garda. Like every population should support the police force. It’s clear the people of ireland do not support them and instead will side with a group of sc*mbag criminals. Every murder they call for eye witnesses and get none. How is that helping?

It seems people prefer to protect the criminal, in that case why should the Garda bother risking their lives? You want to protect the criminals then deal with it yourself

I didn't twist anything you said. That is what your post was saying. As was said we support the Police by complimenting and following the law as most of us do. It is up the Gardai then to deal with those that do not follow the law and yes that is dangerous, nasty and not nice to deal with but the people that sign up to the Gardai know this and what they will be dealing with.

Who is protecting the criminals? The thing is that the support of the Gardai is a two way street, they want the publics support then they need to provide the service and that doesn't mean not turning up to calls or turning up 4 or 5 hours after the call was made.

It is not the duty of the general public to police law and order. That responsibility falls on An Garda Síochána.

It is the duty of citizens to be compliant with the law.

The points you are making are nonsensical. What you are advocating is vigilantism.

It’s the duty of the Irish citizen to help the Garda is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Why?

Every city up and down the land is ravaged with drugs violence, anti social behaviour.

The country is now officially a kip.

No it's not.

It's a beautiful and mostly safe country. Do some travelling if you really want to see kips.

Moss Keane (RIP) former Munster and Ireland Rugby player, 6'5, animal of man, suffered a violent mugging outside heuston station, suffered a broken eye socket AFAIK...

these young lads dont care who or what you are if they think they can get easy money

The young scumbags don't care because there are no serious repercussions for them, they get arrested and then get a slap on the wrist and when they go back home it is treated like a right of passage for them. Sure not so long ago the Minister of Justice was looking at bringing in legislation that people up to the age of 24 would not be charged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

No it's not.

It's a beautiful and mostly safe country. Do some travelling if you really want to see kips.

I've travelled alright.

And I still reckon the feral youth in the country is the worst I've seen.

We can't have anything nice as it just gets vandalised.

Not even public toilets ffs.

Advertisement