Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

I've travelled alright.

And I still reckon the feral youth in the country is the worst I've seen.

We can't have anything nice as it just gets vandalised.

Not even public toilets ffs.

You must have stayed in the tourist zones then.

Go to Naples and have a wander around outside or parts of Paris or Marseille. Go further afield and have a stroll around Rio or Cairo and see if you still think the undernourished losers here are the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭sergioaguero

I've travelled alright.

And I still reckon the feral youth in the country is the worst I've seen.

We can't have anything nice as it just gets vandalised.

Not even public toilets ffs.

feral youth in dublin is a disgrace, the LUAS is a Joke. is there public transport anywhere in Europe thats as bad as the LUAS or Dart?

Ireland still has a lot going for it, but as a people we clearly need to take law and order more seriously.

We could be so much more than we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

TefalBrain wrote: »
    You must have stayed in the tourist zones then.

Go to Naples and have a wander around outside or parts of Paris or Marseille. Go further afield and have a stroll around Rio or Cairo and see if you still think the undernourished losers here are the worst.

Jesus Christ.

you're picking some of the worst examples here.Naples is one of the poorest cities in Europe with a decades long corruption and crime problem. Paris a city multiple times the size of Dublin, the crime rarely happens in their main cbds, tourist spots. They have dodgy areas like around the gare du nord. Most cities in the World have dodgy areas, many more dodgy than Dublin. Thats not up for debate. In terms of agressive, anti social scrotes fueled by a lack of policing and lack of law, then i think we're getting there.

Our equivalents are south of the UK, and Northern Europe. Feral youth in key city centre sites isn't a massive issue in Northern Europe.

We have a massive problem looming. Keep your head in the sand all you want. when you have five stabbings in one area in one week by teens you have an issue. no matter what the stats say. no point juking the stats. you've had serious incidents. we have judges on record questioning the lack of police in our towns and cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭fawlty682

Sure there are parts of cities abroad a lot worse but we don’t compare standards with the worst. We have poor enforcement of school attendance, social welfare system which does not force people to work for years, bad housing policy and a Government which only cares about wealthy and foreign investment. However, Garda Síochána are years behind in technology and resources. Courts are run by liberal judges who don’t live around areas tormented by young thugs. It’s still not a dangerous country in world terms but low level vandalism, behaviour, dumping, assaults etc should be dealt with more effectively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Ireland still has a lot going for it, but as a people we clearly need to take law and order more seriously.

Yep it's frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Why?

Every city up and down the land is ravaged with drugs violence, anti social behaviour.

The country is now officially a kip.

I haven't been around in a while but I have noticed more of an edge where I'm from in the years since I'd left, certainly. Any time I've mentioned it here it has been whataboutery-d to death.

It's honestly devastating, I feel like the country I grew up in doesn't exist anymore. A few years ago I was walking to my accomodation during a trip with a visiting friend when an acquaintance from my childhood burst out of a car stopped in traffic in front of us, blocking our way, clearly about to mug us and then pretended that he was just saying hello because he recognized me. We were barely on nodding terms anyway. The guy looked about 20 years older than he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

feral youth in dublin is a disgrace, the LUAS is a Joke. is there public transport anywhere in Europe thats as bad as the LUAS or Dart?

I've used the Dart all my life and can't think of anything bad, the red line Luas can get a bit funky at times though for sure.
    If it makes you feel any better I've seen at least 3 fights I can think of breaking out on London buses, and these weren't even drunk people, over seats or once it was someone eating fried chicken next to another guy and it all kicked off.
    Fights and all kinds of madness happens on the tube too, there's a lot of pent up frustration there that makes people flip sometimes when crammed in on top of each other.

Our disaffected yoof are just more visible than in other cities as many of them live in and around the city centre. I never saw any grey tracksuit clad kids up to no good where I worked in the West End, but there was plenty of dodginess a bit further out where I lived.

I've used the Dart all my life and can't think of anything bad, the red line Luas can get a bit funky at times though for sure.
    If it makes you feel any better I've seen at least 3 fights I can think of breaking out on London buses, and these weren't even drunk people, over seats or once it was someone eating fried chicken next to another guy and it all kicked off.
    Fights and all kinds of madness happens on the tube too, there's a lot of pent up frustration there that makes people flip sometimes when crammed in on top of each other.

Our disaffected yoof are just more visible than in other cities as many of them live in and around the city centre. I never saw any grey tracksuit clad kids up to no good where I worked in the West End, but there was plenty of dodginess a bit further out where I lived.

you must be lucky on the dart so as Irish Rail has just announced they will beef up security on the DART now due to a lot of violent incidents on board

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Not only do we need to take Law and order more seriously but we need to take more civic responsibilities in our cities, towns and countryside, like cutting out the littering and other such activities and take pride in where we live.

The one of the issues with Dublin is the size of the city, it is a small city so we might see more anti-social behaviour in Dublin than say Paris because Paris is a bigger city and the anti-social stuff is spread out more so it is not as noticeable. Also with Dublin unlike other cities is the poorest areas are in the centre of the city or close to it and the further out you go the better the areas get, where as say with Paris Zone 1 - 4 are probably the most expensive and then the further out you get the poorer it gets.

• Advertisement

We're starting to veer into this territory. :)

you must be lucky on the dart so as Irish Rail has just announced they will beef up security on the DART now due to a lot of violent incidents on board

I think because of the lack of people using it during COVID and more teens hanging around with nothing to do, they've been up to more good than usual, and are going to affluent places like Howth and Malahide, so it's getting more coverage.
    I don't know anyone who ever had any trouble on the dart and everyone in my family and those I grew up with would have used it a lot.
    I'm not saying there aren't problems, but things seem to get blown out of proportion by social media and Dublin feckin' Live.

I think because of the lack of people using it during COVID and more teens hanging around with nothing to do, they've been up to more good than usual, and are going to affluent places like Howth and Malahide, so it's getting more coverage.
    I don't know anyone who ever had any trouble on the dart and everyone in my family and those I grew up with would have used it a lot.
    I'm not saying there aren't problems, but things seem to get blown out of proportion by social media and Dublin feckin' Live.

Have to agree, I lived 5 minutes from a Dart station all my life and spent most of my summers of miss spent youth getting on the Dart at all times to head off to Bray or off to Sutton or Howth and never had any issues. Yes you would be a bit wary when it got dark but nothing more than you would normally.

The closure of Schools for most of last year and good part of this year has meant gangs of teens hanging around more than normal and with the city being empty because everyone is working from home it has made the carry of the scumbags more noticeable. It also highlights the job the Security folks do in the shops and businesses in moving the scumbags on so they are not seen as much.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Have to agree, I lived 5 minutes from a Dart station all my life and spent most of my summers of miss spent youth getting on the Dart at all times to head off to Bray or off to Sutton or Howth and never had any issues. Yes you would be a bit wary when it got dark but nothing more than you would normally.

The closure of Schools for most of last year and good part of this year has meant gangs of teens hanging around more than normal and with the city being empty because everyone is working from home it has made the carry of the scumbags more noticeable. It also highlights the job the Security folks do in the shops and businesses in moving the scumbags on so they are not seen as much.

It's also down to everyone in Malahide having a nervous breakdown when they see a fold up bike or a pair of grey tracksuit bottoms in the area and go nuts at their counsellors and TDs, I reckon that's why they're beefing up security around there due to pressure from well heeled Malahidians. For me it's been pretty funny the reaction out there to a few kids doing what they've always been doing in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

ineedeuro wrote: »
    That was a video doing the WhatsApp rounds yesterday, no point trying to make out it was today to that a Garda car drove past, I would say the majority of the country see the video, they would have also seen the Garda arrest a girl for doing something similar

Dublin was always going to be a sh*those yesterday with the pubs open, hence why anyone who had a choice got as far away as possible

No it wasn't. You saw a video, likely the one I've seen. I was talking about an account given by a taxi driver. It doesn't match with that video.

I don't go near town on St. Patrick's day or most nights for that matter.

It's also down to everyone in Malahide having a nervous breakdown when they see a fold up bike or a pair of grey tracksuit bottoms in the area and go nuts at their counsellors and TDs, I reckon that's why they're beefing up security around there due to pressure from well heeled Malahidians. For me it's been pretty funny the reaction out there to a few kids doing what they've always been doing in Dublin.

so its ok to push women down the side of a train potentially killing her?

. For me it's been pretty funny the reaction out there to a few kids doing what they've always been doing in Dublin.

Chasing women under trains?

It seems that's exactly what our soft on crime friend here thinks.

Yes I'm 100% in favour of more of this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Shebean wrote: »
    No it wasn't. You saw a video, likely the one I've seen. I was talking about an account given by a taxi driver. It doesn't match with that video.

I don't go near town on St. Patrick's day or most nights for that matter.

A video is doing the round. A taxi with a woman jumping up and down on it, I think a man jumps on it then but it gets messy. It was a white Prius. No Garda was near them.

Unless taxis are been randomly targeted by people all over Dublin?

• Advertisement

Just had a run in with one of these Canada Goose clad ****ers in the car park of lidl east wall. Eating McDonald's at his bike firing all the rubbish on the ground as he makes his way through it. I was sitting in my car watching. Got out of the car and had words with him to which he told me where to go and sped off on the bike.

Little prick. No respect for anything not even their own area.

Good on you for trying but they're a different breed around there! That reminded me I shouted at a bloke this morning who just threw one of those disposable masks on the ground and he couldn't understand what my problem was, this guy was in his 40s though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,256 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

https://www.thejournal.ie/teen-ifsc-murder-5462257-Jun2021/

The little sh*tbag responsible for murdering the woman in the IFSC is getting additional charges, added from other incidents on the days leading up to the murder.
    The teen was also charged with other offences on the same date as the murder, and one offence two days earlier: a robbery of a woman close to the IFSC, a threat to kill or cause serious harm to a shopkeeper on O’Connell Street, and production of a knife while attempting robbery and robbery of a third woman at Amiens Street in Dublin 1.

There's np hope for kids like that....stick them on the holyhead ferry and throw them out once past the lighthouse. Will save the stats time and money, and probably save others from future crimes or violence from that toerag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Just had a run in with one of these Canada Goose clad ****ers in the car park of lidl east wall. Eating McDonald's at his bike firing all the rubbish on the ground as he makes his way through it. I was sitting in my car watching. Got out of the car and had words with him to which he told me where to go and sped off on the bike.

A couple of years back on D'Olier st after I saw a kid throwing his McDs rubbish in a doorway beside me I told him what I thought of what he just did.

The lads mother went ape **** and got in my face, calling me a scumbag for telling little Johnny to have more respect for his surroundings. I gave her both barrels back. No wonder they are the way they are.

Mimon wrote: »
    A couple of years back on D'Olier st after I saw a kid throwing his McDs rubbish in a doorway beside me I told him what I thought of what he just did.

The lads mother went ape **** and got in my face, calling me a scumbag for telling little Johnny to have more respect for his surroundings. I gave her both barrels back. No wonder they are the way they are.

Those were my exact words. Show some respect for your local area while telling him and pointing where the f**kin bin was.

Could well be the same fella I seen today. There's thousands like them. Different breed and different level of entitlement.

Infuriating lack of action by authorities.

retalivity wrote: »

The little sh*tbag responsible for murdering the woman in the IFSC is getting additional charges, added from other incidents on the days leading up to the murder.

There's np hope for kids like that....stick them on the holyhead ferry and throw them out once past the lighthouse. Will save the stats time and money, and probably save others from future crimes or violence from that toerag

It's kind of disturbing that this murder barely got any press. The woman killed in South London by the constable got more coverage here, and still has been getting coverage. I think there was even a march or vigil in Dublin for her murder, to highlight women's safety issues etc.
    No one seems to give a f*ck about this woman though. What's up with that? Is it just because she's an immigrant in her 40s? Or because it was just some little scumbag in a random attack?
    If it was some white woman from South County Dublin murdered by her husband there'd be people on the Late Late show talking about it ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Well I saw a child in a uniform from a fee-paying South Dublin School doing something similar. Bin about 4ft away from him. Only for I was outside my place of work and didn't want management to see me arguing with a school kid, I'd have done the same.

My point - littering is a problem right across our society.

retalivity wrote: »

Ah good, more charges that won't carry any actual penalty. :rolleyes:

Concurrent sentences for separate crimes really have to end. There's no sensible reason why they should be used as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

It's kind of disturbing that this murder barely got any press. The woman killed in South London by the constable got more coverage here, and still has been getting coverage. I think there was even a march or vigil in Dublin for her murder, to highlight women's safety issues etc.
    No one seems to give a f*ck about this woman though. What's up with that? Is it just because she's an immigrant in her 40s? Or because it was just some little scumbag in a random attack?
    If it was some white woman from South County Dublin murdered by her husband there'd be people on the Late Late show talking about it ffs.

Strange alright. Hasn't been a peep out of the usual "working class" or migrant rights reps on it.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement

Ah good, more charges that won't carry any actual penalty. :rolleyes:

Concurrent sentences for separate crimes really have to end. There's no sensible reason why they should be used as they are.

They use the Concurrent sentences because there is no space in the jail.

Advertisement