Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SteadyNed

https://twitter.com/BluntMan____/status/1405774344752488458?s=19

Awaits, "ah sure but it happens in all cities posts".

Roaming gangs of teenagers hassling people going about their work with no fear of weak authority structures is wholly unacceptable.

The Government need to take this more seriously as Dublin and Irelands reputation as a welcoming place sink further towards the gutter.

Maybe it's beacuse I haven't set foot in Dublin City Centre in about 5 years, but I'm actually shocked at those scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The baldy fella was intervening in fairness to him so hardly a fool.
    The second time he was intervening with kicks and punches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

https://twitter.com/BluntMan____/status/1405774344752488458?s=19

Awaits, "ah sure but it happens in all cities posts".

Roaming gangs of teenagers hassling people going about their work with no fear of weak authority structures is wholly unacceptable.

This is why we can’t have nice things. I haven’t had the privilege of going for outdoor meal other than a quick burrito but I have driven through town quite a bit and have loved seeing all the al fresco dining. To see life coming back into the hospitality sector and actually thinking this outdoor stuff would would be a fantastic thing to keep going forward, post restrictions. But Jesus there’s just a subset of little animals that won’t allow it. I would honestly and sincerely enjoy it one of them acquired a serious brain injury while acting like this. The absolute f*cking nerve of them. Vermin.

The Romans knew what they were at with the colloseum. I'd pay good money to see these lads in armour killing each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Omackeral wrote: »
    This is why we can’t have nice things. I haven’t had the privilege of going for outdoor meal other than a quick burrito but I have driven through town quite a bit and have loved seeing all the al fresco dining. To see life coming back into the hospitality sector and actually thinking this outdoor stuff would would be a fantastic thing to keep going forward, post restrictions. But Jesus there’s just a subset of little animals that won’t allow it. I would honestly and sincerely enjoy it one of them acquired a serious brain injury while acting like this. The absolute f*cking nerve of them. Vermin.

In fairness I and loads of other people I know have had drinks/food in the city centre already with no problems. But this kind of thing was always going to happen. There are loads of these disaffected angry teenagers in and around the city centre and seeing all these people who may as well be from another planet to them sitting around outside eating and drinking like it's somewhere in Europe is probably so alien to them and they just feel obliged to wreck the place.

I don't know why we have this problem, it has always been there since I was a kid. No respect for authority, no feeling of belonging in communities, no civic pride, and this culture of being a hard man and fighting.

Every country has sh*tty parents and people on social welfare with free gafs etc etc but why wouldn't you see this anywhere else in Europe? Where are we going wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The little scrote seeking the wine bottle again from the ground that he dropped trying to glass the guy in the face says it all really, ultra low life scummer unable to take part in any class of a proper man to man fight despite them outnumbering the opposition 3 to 1. I see he then goes and takes a bottle off another table and goes for the head again, by no means his first rodeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Northernlily

I believe at its most fundamental we are going wrong at the application of law and order and the entitlement to cause trouble and occasion sponge of the state is being passed down generations.

The guards are not motivated to fulfil their responsibilities as they are getting shafted by the legal system when they bring troublemakers before the courts. I think policing is getting worse. I've alluded to it before, I regulary see guards on the beat in Donnybrook but never where I live (Ballybough) where a lot of these scrotes originate from. Why is that??

The guards are not motivated to fulfil their responsibilities as they are getting shafted by the legal system when they bring troublemakers before the courts

Regardless of that I mean with the amount of normal people eating/drinking outside in the area in the video can they not have maybe 4 police walking around those streets? Especially after the various scenes of thuggery in the area of late. Plus you can spot these types a mile away and know they're looking for trouble, it's baffling they can't be dealt with before they have a chance to kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Leinster90

A savage beating is all they’ll understand, that and having their welfare slashed.

They’ll be emboldened after the inevitable tap on the wrist and apology from the judge for the inconvenience of being prosecuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The Romans knew what they were at with the colloseum. I'd pay good money to see these lads in armour killing each other.

Prefer a televised Hunger Games style island

• Advertisement

“We’re not here to take part, we’re here to take over”

When they go home, mammy always has a bowl of Coco pops ready for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

There were people well passed their teens in that clip. The baldy guy in the black looked like he was in his 40s. No fool like an old fool :rolleyes:

I applaud him in joining the guys that were the clearly staff of some establishment that they'd targeted in fending off those ferral scrotes.

Look a the 10 or so grown men standing around drinking pints and watching, they too should have joined in kicking them up the hole all the way to Stephen's Green.
    You'd see zero behaviour like this if that's what they could expect every time they kicked off. It's funny how well behaved people tend to be when they expect to face consequences for their scummy behaviour.

The last time I was in Portugal some drunk arse was abusing an old woman on the street that had the temerity to object to him pissing against her wall and 5 guys got off a bus that was stopped at the lights and beat seven bells out of him. Funnily enough that was the soul incidence of anti-social behaviour I saw in the town on that trip.

conorhal wrote: »
    Look a the 10 or so grown men standing around drinking pints and watching, they too should have joined in kicking them up the hole all the way to Stephen's Green.
    You'd see zero behaviour like this if that's what they could expect every time they kicked off. It's funny how well behaved people tend to be when they expect to face consequences for their scummy behaviour.

Easy for you to say that but if you're out having a drink and something to eat and a fight kicks off, why would you want to risk getting a pint glass in your face?
    These kids are fearless and wouldn't think twice about sticking you with something.

Easy for you to say that but if you're out having a drink and something to eat and a fight kicks off, why would you want to risk getting a pint glass in your face?
    These kids are fearless and wouldn't think twice about sticking you with something.

They didn't have a pint glass though did they? There should have been a fusilade of 10 pint glasses flying in their direction. That would have ended things real fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Get Real

Funny how Éamonn Ryan and Hazel Chu, both self-appointed Policing experts, criticised the presence of Garda Public Order vans the last while.

The one thing that worked, albeit for a few days, until politicians intervened. So now they're not going around the city centre, and look what's happening again...

Can a business person claim directly off the green party if their premises is now smashed up I wonder? 🀔 Seeing as they know it all.

They didn't have a pint glass though did they? There should have been a fusilade of 10 pint glasses flying in their direction. That would have ended things real fast.

Pretty sure they were throwing bottles/glasses at the waiters at one stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Especially that in such situation everything is against you - law, media and public perception. Youngsters are fearless because they know they can do whatever they want without any consequences and have 100% support from all sides.

Pretty sure they were throwing bottles/glasses at the waiters at one stage

One of them threw something. I'm pretty sure that if ten blokes got up off their barstools they would have scarpered so fast they'd leave Roadrunner in the dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

One of them threw something. I'm pretty sure that if ten blokes got up off their barstools they would have scarpered so fast they'd leave Roadrunner in the dust.

Have a look at the video again. The scrote in the grey first grabs a wine bottle off a table. Seems to break it over the bearded waiters head. He then goes back and grabs a glass.

Keep eye on that dirtbag in the grey jacket and shorts from the 35 sec mark.

If you, me or Joe barstool intervened there and something happened to of the little scotes you can be full sure we'd feel the full brunt of the law whereas if we got slashed with a bottle for our trouble we'd have to listen to a sob story about a disadvantaged background in court and see them get a slap on the wrist.

• Advertisement

zom wrote: »
    Especially that in such situation everything is against you - law, media and public perception. Youngsters are fearless because they know they can do whatever they want without any consequences and have 100% support from all sides.

People keep saying this but I don't buy it. If they got their arses handed to them I would imagine everyone including the law would be on the side of the non scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Omackeral wrote: »

My oh saw that video and another one and cancelled our bookings in the city center. We will go somewhere safer and more civilized she said :)

JimmyVik wrote: »
    My oh saw that video and another one and cancelled our bookings in the city center. We will go somewhere safer and more civilized she said :)

I really wouldn't plan your life around a few unruly teenagers if I were you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

The little scrote seeking the wine bottle again from the ground that he dropped trying to glass the guy in the face says it all really, ultra low life scummer unable to take part in any class of a proper man to man fight despite them outnumbering the opposition 3 to 1. I see he then goes and takes a bottle off another table and goes for the head again, by no means his first rodeo.

Yeah, unreal, trying to do the max amount of damage, utter scumbags..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Northernlily

It's a bad state of affairs when you can't jump in to help those under attack because the liklihood is at least one of them scrotes is carrying a knife.

Easy to say from here but if you are there in the moment it's a lot to lose if you are stabbed or disfigured like a friend of mine was back when we were 19. His only crime was protecting one of our female friends from one of these scrotes.

That was 15 years ago and we still have the same ****.

slipperyox wrote: »
    Abortion solved the same problem in New York and other places many years ago, however the financial incentive to spawn in Ireland negates this.

https://bfi.uchicago.edu/wp-content/uploads/BFI_WP_201975.pdf

The solution to this is removing child benefit, it's a long term solution but within 20 years we could see a real difference if you stopped paying these scrotes to have kids.

I applaud him in joining the guys that were the clearly staff of some establishment that they'd targeted in fending off those ferral scrotes.

The last time I was in Portugal some drunk arse was abusing an old woman on the street that had the temerity to object to him pissing against her wall and 5 guys got off a bus that was stopped at the lights and beat seven bells out of him. Funnily enough that was the soul incidence of anti-social behaviour I saw in the town on that trip.

I was out in a gastro pub about 4 or 5 years ago now and something similar broke out outside.
    A guy at the table next to us went out to help the staff out.
    He got a broken nose, but he got a few smacks in.
    The police were around before we finished our pints and took our names as witnesses. I was called as a witness and do you think it was to the trial of one of the scrotes. No, it was the guy who was sitting beside us and went out to help and got his nose broken.
    I heard afterwards that he got 6 months suspended sentence.
    Easy mark for the police for someone to charge. Someone who was doing good rather than the other scum.
    Not worth intervening in this type of thing.

I really wouldn't plan your life around a few unruly teenagers if I were you

My thought exactly.
    Hers are the ones that count though. And hers are, we can go somewhere where that sh!te doesnt happen instead.

JimmyVik wrote: »
    I was out in a gastro pub about 4 or 5 years ago now and something similar broke out outside.
    A guy at the table next to us went out to help the staff out.
    He got a broken nose, but he got a few smacks in.
    The police were around before we finished our pints and took our names as witnesses. I was called as a witness and do you think it was to the trial of one of the scrotes. No, it was the guy who was sitting beside us and went out to help and got his nose broken.
    I heard afterwards that he got 6 months suspended sentence.
    Easy mark for the police for someone to charge. Someone who was doing good rather than the other scum.
    Not worth intervening in this type of thing.

Depressing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

11112 wrote: »
    Not necessarily . I kicked the **** out of a 12 year old girl in Windy Arbour playground last year and got away with it. A garda caution was initially on the table but in the end I didn't even get that.

A bunch of them attacked me and my 5 year old daughter with stones and left me with a risk of a detached retina and losing my sight.

The mother went to the media and didn't get much sympathy from there either.
    Sad to hear that story and fair play to you for standing it well.
    Do they took any consequences because of assaulting you and you daughter?

Advertisement