Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It's a bad state of affairs when you can't jump in to help those under attack because the liklihood is at least one of them scrotes is carrying a knife.

If all the men standing around watching that went for them together

they would be hospitalised

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Northernlily

If all the men standing around watching that went for them together

they would be hospitalised

It would be fantastic to see. Unfortunately would mean court cases, careers in jeopardy, viral on social media and everything else..

**** this country sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

11112 wrote: »
    Nothing, there is a 6 limit validity on these cases, and she avoided giving a statement for something like 5 1/2 months. Making appointments and cancelling them at the very end, wasting garda resources. Then with about 2 weeks left , which is too little to put a case against her, as juvenile cases bounce back with the DPP which takes time she then turns up to the garda station. "I was playing with stones, hit him by accident".

Apparently a 13 year old would still go to court for this , but would still get away with it with the accident excuse.

She went home black and blue to her mother, so I suppose you could consider that a consequence . She has also stopped "playing with stones", so that is another consequence.

My injury is called a "detached vitreous", on its own it is not too serious , but I am at risk of a detached retina.

Sorry I missed your posts from May - I read them now. Some other people may miss them too as you described circumstances already. I also see media coverage for this attack and it is hardly "not much sympathy" as attackers are clearly presented as "innocent kids".

So your example is just another proof that youngsters nowadays take no consequences for any bad behavior and they can do it again and again even purely for sake of pissing other people.

I also agree with Thelonious Monk below, you probably share too much details here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

11112 wrote: »
    Nothing, there is a 6 limit validity on these cases, and she avoided giving a statement for something like 5 1/2 months. Making appointments and cancelling them at the very end, wasting garda resources. Then with about 2 weeks left , which is too little to put a case against her, as juvenile cases bounce back with the DPP which takes time she then turns up to the garda station. "I was playing with stones, hit him by accident".

Apparently a 13 year old would still go to court for this , but would still get away with it with the accident excuse.

She went home black and blue to her mother, so I suppose you could consider that a consequence . She has also stopped "playing with stones", so that is another consequence.

My injury is called a "detached vitreous", on its own it is not too serious , but I am at risk of a detached retina.

If I were you I'd delete all of these posts you're posting far too much information

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Not sure why the bar staff decided to leave the premises they were working at and confront these scumbags with bar stools further down the street. Hope they are not seriously hurt.

As for the scumbags swinging the glasses, regardless of his age, he should be tied to the back of a sulky and dragged through the streets.

• Advertisement

Sure we have pretty well performing Garda but problem is that we also have completely dysfunctional penalty system and NOTHING happening next..
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Floppybits

This is the reason why outdoor dining or entertaining doesn't work in this country. Too much of a target for little scumbags like these. At least with indoors there is less chance of scumbags like them getting into the place to cause havoc. Too easy for them on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Paying scumbags to reproduce has consequences

• Registered Users Posts: 25,329 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Floppybits wrote: »
    This is the reason why outdoor dining or entertaining doesn't work in this country. Too much of a target for little scumbags like these. At least with indoors there is less chance of scumbags like them getting into the place to cause havoc. Too easy for them on the street.

You’ll probably have their defenders on here in a minute claiming that the restaurants / pubs as well as the customers are provoking them by having such a setup...

• Advertisement

Untouchable juvenile scumbags plus no active preventative policing does not make for a plesant outdoor dining experience.

This is the reason why outdoor dining or entertaining doesn't work in this country.
    My thoughts exactly.
    I love to see all those people seating outside and enjoying till late night. Dublin got bit Mediterranean this summer and I was wondering why couldn't we have this before. I remember some holiday late nights walks in Greece or Italy with people partying there and places emptying very late to fill with people again next day - if it was in Dublin it would be smashed or burned by bored young scrotes. I know at least Greece is not that nice anymore after Angela M. invited half of Africa there and this makes me even sadder.

zom wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly.
    I love to see all those people seating outside and enjoying till late night. Dublin got bit Mediterranean this summer and I was wondering why couldn't we have this before. I remember some holiday late nights walks in Greece or Italy with people partying there and places emptying very late to fill with people again next day - if it was in Dublin it would be smashed or burned by bored young scrotes. I know at least Greece is not that nice anymore after Angela M. invited half of Africa there and this makes me even sadder.

I think in my original comment I was being a bit unfair by saying "This is the reason why outdoor dining or entertaining doesn't work in this country." I should have corrected this to say "This is the reason why outdoor dining or entertaining doesn't work in Dublin City Centre". I am sure there are many places around the country and even outside city centre where people can enjoy outdoor dining. I was out in Howth the other day and there were people sitting outside enjoying the outdoor dining and no sign of trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Possibly a coincidence but hotels in Dublin are at 15% of booking capacity for the summer.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/just-13-of-dublin-city-hotel-rooms-booked-for-summer-1.4596600

I wouldn't come here either, and I live in the city center.

Hopefully its wakeup call to deal with the anti-social grey tracksuit brigade. Its top of the list of Dublin's problems.

Biker79 wrote: »
    Possibly a coincidence but hotels in Dublin are at 15% of booking capacity for the summer.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/just-13-of-dublin-city-hotel-rooms-booked-for-summer-1.4596600

Hopefully its wakeup call to deal with the anti-social grey tracksuit brigade. Its top of the list of Dublin's problems.

Yeah there's definitely nothing else going on affecting tourism

Yeah there's definitely nothing else going on affecting tourism

Ah...juvenile sarcasm. Wearing a pair of grey tracksuit bottoms today?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Ive spoken to quite a few people who are avoiding the city center these days.
    I mean why not just go somewhere that doesnt seem to have Feral youths on the prowl. I know it could happen anywhere, but far more likely to happen in the city center than anywhere else.
    Oh and the prices of the hotels too im sure play a part.

Ah...juvenile sarcasm. Wearing a pair of grey tracksuit bottoms today?

:pac:

Ah jaysus I am, does the brand matter or is it all grey tracksuit bottoms? :eek:

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Ive spoken to quite a few people who are avoiding the city center these days.
    I mean why not just go somewhere that doesnt seem to have Feral youths on the prowl. I know it could happen anywhere, but far more likely to happen in the city center than anywhere else.
    Oh and the prices of the hotels too im sure play a part.

I can tell you some of things I have seen here over the past year and a half has been awful.

Most of it surrounding booze, drugs and gangs of feral teenagers.

People do like to come here though, and will as soon as these anti-social issues are dealt with properly.

Ah jaysus I am, does the brand matter or is it all grey tracksuit bottoms? :eek:

For some reason its the uniform of choice of the anti-social nihilist. Usually from Penney's.

Are yours Gucci or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

And a nice free shiny new house to go with it.

And a nice free shiny new house to go with it.

Not free. They have to use some of the free cash they get to pay rent. But if they dont pay, thats ok too.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It would be commercially sensible for society if they were given a brand new VW Golf each if they got sterilised, society would be the better for it.

For some reason its the uniform of choice of the anti-social nihilist. Usually from Penney's.

Are yours Gucci or something?

Nah find Gucci, Armani and few others very gaudy. I will stick with the underarmour or Ellesse collections. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Three arrested after glass bottles thrown at restaurant staff on South William Street

Restaurant worker taken to hospital for injuries sustained during incident[/SIZE]

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/three-arrested-after-glass-bottles-thrown-at-restaurant-staff-on-south-william-street-1.4597060

You can see where the worker takes the glass/glass bottle across the head and likely needed stitches

"Dirty old town" indeed

https://twitter.com/BluntMan____/status/1405774344752488458

From reading this though, it appears it was two of the workers that were arrested
    Three males were arrested on Thursday following an altercation on South William Street in which glass bottles were thrown at staff members of a premises.

A restaurant worker was injured and attended St James’s Hospital. The worker’s injuries are not life-threatening.

The incident happened at around 9.30pm on the south Dublin street, which has been the scene of much anti-social behaviour in recent weeks.
    It was reported that four people were causing a disturbance and threw glass and glass bottles at the restaurant workers, according to a Garda spokesman.

Gardaí attended the scene and arrested two men in their early 20s and one male teenager. They were taken to Pearse Street Garda Station where they remain in custody.

No doubt we'll have some say "we don't know what happened before the video started" to defend these scumbags

We know exactly what fcuking happened

It was scrotes being scrotes

I've said it before; the ferals are among the top 5, if not top 3, massive problems in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭brucky

They’ve just cut the bottom of those trackies. Real hero’s picking on minimum wage workers, just trying to restart struggling businesses. Once again your parents should be proud. https://youtu.be/tUgu1EhAbQQ

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

conorhal wrote: »
    I applaud him in joining the guys that were the clearly staff of some establishment that they'd targeted in fending off those ferral scrotes.

You are right when I watch it again I see the baldy fella is helping out his friend who has two or three little sh1ts attacking him. Fair play to him :cool:
    When I watched it first I thought it was two gangs fighting each other, I didn't realise it was workers from a cafe that were running off scummers.

I hope the workers aren't charged with anything. This is why more people don't stand up to these little sh1ts, you will be the one getting in trouble with the law not them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭tastyt

I used always try to stay away from “ Dublin is a kip” type statements but it really ****ing is and it’s the government and guards fault.

Yes you might see a street fight in Rome , Madrid or Barcelona but you can gaurantee the cops would arrive if it was a city centre area for tourists and kick the living ****e out of those little rats . They would also have a presence in the area .

Make as many excuses as you want but punish them first , then sort out the issues over the next few years . No fear or repurcussions approach can never work .

Dublins hotel occupancy rates for the coming months are way down compared to the rest of the country , that’s our capital, should be the place everyone wants to go for a few days and experience the buzz , shopping , nightlife, culture.

Nobody wants to go to Dublin in this country because of little knackers . And it won’t be long before international tourists bring back more bad stories than good and tourists avoid Dublin altogether.

I have said it before , if a party runs on a policy of taking law and order seriously, building more prisons and wiping these scum off the streets they will sail into power . They will have my vote anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 45,416 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Those young lads are worthless humans. One big lifelong tax drain, that's what they'll amount to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I hope the workers aren't charged with anything

From reading that IT article, it looks like two of the workers were arrested

Wtf?
    Gardaí attended the scene and arrested two men in their early 20s and one male teenager. They were taken to Pearse Street Garda Station where they remain in custody.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/three-arrested-after-glass-bottles-thrown-at-restaurant-staff-on-south-william-street-1.4597060

Advertisement