Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    That is a parody account surely :confused:

That is a parody account surely :confused:

Unfortunately I saw at least one other similar reply

Found Fáilte Ireland's new Ad campaign

https://twitter.com/splitradix/status/1405859166774874116

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Found Fáilte Ireland's new Ad campaign

https://twitter.com/splitradix/status/1405859166774874116

"Craic, Culture, Concussions - Discover Ireland"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Every day I'm happy with our decision to move out of the city early next year. Thugs have taken over and they're winning. I love Dublin, always have. But it's dying slowly, every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,485 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’d be a regular gig goer, that used to involve post gig drinks wherever in town but got fed up of running the gauntlet and absolutely having to have your wits around you 1000% of the time, always just taxi back from outside the venue to the local now... I’ve been assaulted once as has a friend, both involved trips to hospital... he needed an operation, broken jaw..... I just needed stitches thankfully... great to see their excusers still out in force...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,548 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

No doubt some bleeding heart judge will give them a suspended sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Every day I'm happy with our decision to move out of the city early next year. Thugs have taken over and they're winning. I love Dublin, always have. But it's dying slowly, every day.

They really haven't taken over anything. We are decades behind other European countries when it comes to urban living but it was way worse in the 80s and 90s when Dublin really was a proper kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Meal and a show

• Advertisement

They really haven't taken over anything. We are decades behind other European countries when it comes to urban living but it was way worse in the 80s and 90s when Dublin really was a proper kip.

Yes there was no go areas back then and crime etc.

But the whole city is a problem now, with gangs of teenage lads everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

And people wonder why bystanders wont intervene.

Anyone know what the lead up to the altercation was? Where were the waiters from?

Years of poor community policing and a ferral youth that have been allowed to think they can do what they like.

DCC and the Gardai need to get the thumb out or this outdoor dining trend will die a death.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

6 wrote: »
    No doubt some bleeding heart judge will give them a suspended sentence.

The staff are more likely to be punished by said judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,548 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

JimmyVik wrote: »

Wouldn't surprise me.

Timmy's tough upbringing, Johnny's drug addicted mother blah blah.

We are too lenient on these thugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Yep, the guards need an on the ground presence in the city centre 24/7 and hassle the **** out of the little ****s until they have to go back to the the rathole they crawled out of.

I've never had any bother i think its because everyone videos things now. My brother was home from abroad recently and was amazed when we went to a food market in St Anne's because there were no kids throwing stones at people etc which would have been a dead cert if you tried something like that 20 odd years ago.
    Kids stoning passing trains used to be a regular thing.
    We are getting better slowly but surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭tastyt

I've never had any bother i think its because everyone videos things now. My brother was home from abroad recently and was amazed when we went to a food market in St Anne's because there were no kids throwing stones at people etc which would have been a dead cert if you tried something like that 20 odd years ago.

To be fair throwing stones is harmless enough , these days it’s trying to bottle waiters while they work , attacking just eat drivers while they work , murder at the IFSC area twice in the past few months by little rats and pushing women under Dart trains . Not to mention cyclists and walkers being attacked on the canal .

It’s not getting better by any means

Dublin was pretty grim in the early 90s. I know several people who were mugged at syringe point in that period. I was mugged outside the virgin mega store.

• Advertisement

You're joking, right?

tastyt wrote: »
    To be fair throwing stones is harmless enough , these days it’s trying to bottle waiters while they work , attacking just eat drivers while they work , murder at the IFSC area twice in the past few months by little rats and pushing women under Dart trains . Not to mention cyclists and walkers being attacked on the canal .

And did any of those little fcukers get a sentence yet?

Dublin and our judicial system is an embarrassment

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

JimmyVik wrote: »

If your man connected with that roundhouse kick he could have been in serious bother

Yeah actually I got held up with a syringe in about 96. I honestly think it was far worse. Kids back in the 80s and 90s were actually dirt poor, they seem well off enough even the townie ones from what I can see these days.

You're joking, right?

Not at all, from my experience it used to be far worse.

Yeah actually I got held up with a syringe in about 96. I honestly think it was far worse. Kids back in the 80s and 90s were actually dirt poor, they seem well off enough even the townie ones from what I can see these days.

If I'm mugged in the future I would expect my assailant wear nothing less than a Moncler jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

6 wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me.

Timmy's tough upbringing, Johnny's drug addicted mother blah blah.

We are too lenient on these thugs.

Even if the scum got a conviction it wouldn't matter it would just be another onr on top of the pile, the poor worker on the other hand could be refused entry to other counties, not be able to apply for some jobs etc all because they defended themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

some gobshyte trying to make bad rte comedy fro a pack of scrotes smashing bottles over and attacking barstaff with glass & barstools. Exactly whats wrong with this city. Gaurds don’t give a f****, judicial system wont sentence them & welfare just keeps the free rides going.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,485 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

There will come a point where there is zero return...

It might just be with this generation zero group of urchins...

Eventually something will have to be done... post covid when the country tries to get back on its feet, say next summer and their are gangs of filth going around intimidating, hurting and robbing people/businesses the government will have to make a stand...

When tourists planning to be here for holidays, stags / hens, sporting events are staying away...

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    There will come a point where there is zero return...

It might just be with this generation zero group of urchins...

Eventually something will have to be done... post covid when the country tries to get back on its feet, say next summer and their are gangs of filth going around intimidating, hurting and robbing people/businesses the government will have to make a stand...

When tourists planning to be here for holidays, stags / hens, sporting events are staying away...

But it used to be far worse, the city centre was an utter dive, and you couldn't go to many parts of it. Same in areas near where I grew up, they were like the Wild West, and now I live in one of them and it's totally fine.

These videos are making people act like it's the apocalypse in the city centre.
    It's just because scuffles are recorded now. If you ever went near places like The Harp or The Backgate in the 90s, there was absolute murder outside those places back in the day, scary stuff. In fact you'd see fights nearly every weekend if you went into town back then, I haven't seen one in years and years.

It was always a bit of a rough town, the Dublin I grew up in you'd get battered for looking at the wrong person. I genuinely believe it's a more relaxed place now and the scumbags aren't as bad. We're also getting more tourists that ever, pre pandemic anyway.
    Maybe these videos will make the Garda pay a bit more attention at least, as they are getting a lot of views.
    Crime in general around the world has been reducing for years though.

Advertisement