Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

The usual whinging by people who aren’t even affected by the case. The judge won’t have invented the mental health and addiction issues, unlike the all knowing posters who manage to diagnose him with whatever seems convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

but yeah sure lets just wait til he gravitates towards murdering vunerable people. nobody has to be a qualified psychologist to see the danger here. sometimes, punishment is needed for punishments sake. my kid has all these issues and isn´t out attacking people. get out of it with your excuses. the kid absolutely deserves to be sent to either a jail or a place for mental health treatment. as some people are aware we are literally in a position where our main jail has to do prisoner swaps to house people. we have gardai in donegal using their own cars. we have a legal profession, small and cozy on a never ending gravy train.

the country is goosed if this is the way forward. i was in New York last week and its interesting to see the way it is now dealing with stuff. the changes made to drop its crime rate have all but been abondoned and the police now do not deal with dealing or mental health issues. NY police are now liable if arrests go wrong, so they don´t bother. similar to what we see here. Gardai clearly are fed up with what is happening.

we never had the 1970s style NY but id imagine that its coming albeit on a much smaller scale. it was inevitable, the IRA basically was our crime focus and kept the scum in line. Now we are a modern, grown up country. it makes sense that crime would follow. Just cause we´re sound, we were hardly going to keep a lid on things when there is truly despicable people in this country. we will still have people defend the scum , and people still insist on it being the safest country etc. and we will get people talking about a slippery slope fallacy, when in fact there is a clear problem taking place. Irish exceptionalism saids Ireland will be grand. its a lie, and cases like this or the murder of Urantsetseg Tserendorj prove its a lie. people not even batting an eyelid at violence by these teens etc.

and its nothing to do with pearl clutching or whinging, who the **** wants to live in a society where this **** is tolerated, and even somewhat encouraged. For some reason, anglophone countries have a particular issue with anti social scum despite in most of them being well looked after.

The boy engaged in a sustained and violent attack on an innocent and vulnerable person. In order to behave in the way he did as laid out in the article you would need zero empathy and consideration for another human being. Can you imagine what type of individual you would have to be to do that? If ever there was a cause to ignore 'mental health issues' in criminality it is this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Just back from New York myself and I was shocked by how bad it was compared to the last time I was there in 2007. Open drug dealing on the streets at night, people in broad daylight injecting taking drugs and collapsing on the street and everywhere around midtown/hells kitchen smelled of weed. Crazy people all over the place screaming and the subway is grim at night now and feels dangerous. All the pharmacies have everything locked in so you have to call an assistant to buy toothpaste (assume because you can steal whatever you like up to a certain value and not get prosecuted). Also saw a few gangs of teenagers on motorbikes/electric yokes doing wheelies and flying through red lights at pedestrians screaming at them. Was walking about 25-30km a day and it was very eye opening. Obviously the fancier parts were grand but it's a bit like what you are seeing here now in certain parts of the city centre, just magnified in scale.

Post edited by batman_oh on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

yeah its a great example of what happens when you put overly liberal, off hand policies in place. its reverting to its old state in a sense. Police are now liable in NY for arrests going wrong and can be sacked over minor things. and as you say they have a huge mental health crisis. its where we are heading imo obviously at a lesser scale.

Think it's San Francisco I saw a wonderful news report with a bunch of CCTV clips of people just walking into a chemist and emptying a shelf or two. Staff are told not to intervene, cops do nothing.

Remember what we've been told the last 15 years, everything is ok, there's no shame, you should never judge anyone etc. etc. If you mention that maybe it's not great for kids to see junkies nodding off left and right you're told "OOoooohhhh that's a sensitive kid you have(!)". Nothing's weird or remarkable or bad that "vulnerable" people do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Sweet HC. What the hell possessed these little scumbags to put accelerant and petrol on a man who was only in his 30's. It sickens me that these little f*ckers can have the ability within their sick & twisted little heads to carry out this act with intent. I assume, while not knowing the history of crime in the area, Thornton Heights in Inchicore is not a place where this type of crime is seen to be the norm for the people who live in that community. I'll bet they are pretty sick in their stomach to hear about or even witness this type of horrible incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Tbf dey don’t have da faciliteez

Rather than some substantive judicial reform in the area of sentencing for violent youth offenders, I think another skate park or something similar is what’s needed to turn these “children” into upstanding citizens.

18 year old father a “youth” - should have his child taken off him, the animal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

[Insert comment to get me banned]

Animals. That's unfair to animals. Scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

This is such a load. It's really crazy when you see hysterical posts like this and you realise what kind of damage selective and misrepresentative media reporting can do to cause such irrational fear within people like the poster above. Nothing other than anedcotes to back up the scare mongering. Despite violent video game and tv popularity skyrocketing since 1999 somehow the homicide rate was 300% lower in 2015 than 1999 among males aged 15-44 in the Uk, for example.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/870188/trends-and-drivers-of-homicide-main-findings-horr113.pdf

And since 2015 the homicide rate among young males has continued to decline in the UK. Despite hysterical loons online claiming the homicide rate in UK/USA/Ireland (insert any country afflicted by mass media consumption) going up *at least* 1000% before their very eyes.

'There were 594 victims of homicide in the year ending March 2021, 79 fewer (a 12% decrease) than the previous year and the lowest since the year ending March 2016 (540 victims; Appendix table 1)'

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/articles/homicideinenglandandwales/yearendingmarch2021

And the funny part is you mentioned 'lack of media attention' to these crimes, the only reason you perceive it as becoming more dangerous is exactly because of media attention and exaggeration. Facts are facts and UK and ( I havn't looked into Ireland specifically but I imagine it's the same) has becoming safer in terms of reduced murder rate for over two decades now with only minor variations in that trend. You probably think the 90's were safer in your mind and well the reason you think that is media attention or rather the lack of it at the time compared to today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Homicide rate for young males is homicide of young men, not by. Same for the other rates. They don't like mention the particulars of the perpetrator.

"continued to decline" is a stretch

per million of

Only group more like to be killed are babies.

That 79 fewer deaths included the 39 who died in the back of that truck which a few others like that raising a few years, and any data over the last few years have a big covid asterisk on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

That's what you get for putting that clown De Blasio in charge for two terms as Mayor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Out of control & seems to be no push from authorities to stamp it out. (Parents, Gardai , Courts , Prisons, polititians all to blame & all have a part to play)

These 'teenagers' need to be held to account & punished - Should not be tolerated but it is, everyday, every week in some part of Ireland.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/sickening-and-brutal-gang-attack-on-kerry-youth-caught-on-video/ar-AAXLcnE?li=BBr5HCU

They are requesting a few more gardai on the beat, from where, fresh air!

Blood boils that this consistant carry on is accepted & now part of Irish life all over the country.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

I think you'll find the Gardai would be more than willing to do more. If they could. The others are holding them back, because feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Amenhotep

Check out San Fransicko by Michael Shellenberger, excellent eye opening book about how liberal policies are ruining American cities.

Little rodent that pushed that girl under a train at Howth junction has been given 6 months probation.

What in the name of ****

Violent scums are above the law in this country. Only encourages more of the same. They know there are no consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,254 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Its a joke, but im not even surprised anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 25,328 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Wtf ? Like seriously 😖😖😖😖 beyond sick… I have no words… push someone under a train and you don’t get a criminal record…

what a country, what a time to be alive…

literally zero deterrent for scumbag tramps like this in our society..

Just casually rode away, no concern about the girls wellbeing or even getting away… “ I just pushed a girl under a train, ahh so what “

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

These pieces of **** should be strung up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

People will just stop using the gardai and courts with these kind of verdicts. They will just sort out these scumbags themselves. Unfortunately it's how you get vigilantes and the trouble that can bring.

All Eyes On Rafah

That’s what you’d think but realistically we’re well past that - normal law abiding people for the most part aren’t going to go around kicking the **** out of these scrotes so they are just left to have to accept this basal level of intimidation.

It’s a fúcking disgrace, politicians then are afraid to go hard on these types for fear of being perceived to be “punching down”…I don’t give a **** if that’s the case, at the end of the day you can’t act like an animal in public, regardless of your class or “difficult upbringing”

• Registered Users Posts: 25,328 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That place Oberstown just entered my head so i decided to google it…

basically a 3 star hotel with nice facilities…

visiting…

Monday to Friday – 9am – 5pm

Saturday and Sunday – 9am – 7pm

The deputy director describes it as "not a prison" and that residents are not prisoners, but "young people in conflict with the law."

’in conflict with the law ehhh, right. Utter bôllocks and that individual being payed tens of thousands of taxpayers money…

• Registered Users Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

...cause imprisoning people with little or no ways of facilitation of their most critical of needs definitely helps in regards rehabilitation!

And the bleeding hearts...

...well we can keep ignoring peoples needs, and prevent them access to them, but it hasnt worked out very well so far.....

For every 1 criminal, there are tens if not hundreds of people like them, or worse off, who don't turn to crime. Cry me a river. These ones keep repeating the same craic, keep pleading poor me... Once or twice is understandable, but we're facilitating career criminals. And they sleep and eat better than some people who have never committed a crime. It's not right. It's not fair.

Edit: We can't provide for everyones needs, but seems there's a fair chunk of people out there who demand we provide for theirs because crime otherwise. Don't make sense.

true, but not all of us have the same abilities or opportunities in life to deal with our situations, we dont live on a perfect planet, whereby we all have the same access to our needs.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

If you have a cancer you cut it out/blast it with radiation. You don’t plamas it and hope it gets better.

Advertisement