Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does Johnson & Johnson do in Cork?

Options
  • 05-05-2021 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Interviewing with them tomorrow and I have no clue what they get up to in their Cork operations.

I know what Johnson & Johnson does in general, just not what they do in Cork. Are they making drugs? Medical devices? Manufacturing Johnsons baby oil?

Anybody know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

They operate as DePuy Synthes in Ringaskiddy. They make orthopaedic knees and hips.
    More info available here:
    https://lscconnect.com/depuy-synthes-ringaskiddy-cork/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

They have two other facilities in Cork, operating as Janssen - a plant in Little Island manufacturing pharmaceutical intermediates and one in Ringaskiddy manufacturing biologicals such as cancer treatments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

They have two other facilities in Cork, operating as Janssen - a plant in Little Island manufacturing pharmaceutical intermediates and one in Ringaskiddy manufacturing biologicals such as cancer treatments.

Thanks for the info folks.

What is a pharmaceutical "intermediary"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Thanks for the info folks.

What is a pharmaceutical "intermediary"?

Slight typo on my part - that should have read "pharmaceutical ingredients". They manufacture the active component in a medicine. This material is shipped off to one of their other facilities and used to produce tablets, injectables etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Interviewing with them tomorrow and I have no clue what they get up to in their Cork operations.

I know what Johnson & Johnson does in general, just not what they do in Cork. Are they making drugs? Medical devices? Manufacturing Johnsons baby oil?

Anybody know?

Personally for an oul bastard like me they make their online tests for employment virtually impossible,failed them twice a few yrs back,second time I got a foreman working there to do it for me- no joy ,
    So either both of us are thick as ****e or it's ageism
    ( I attended 3rd level college for a period,was a painting supervisor-went down the open university route to get a supervisory management certification,so only half thick I reckon)
    I've 2 buddies working there , handy money if u eventually get made up full time,once in properly you're there for as long as you perform.
    Good luck with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Anybody know?

Short way around this is do a pharma course,they run then in the training facility on the crosshaven rd, Carrigaline,
    Worth it if you want a career in pharma, wished I did it when younger as I've mates in Pfizer etc who are on serious bobs for yrs,in a clean environment

Advertisement