Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad interview anxiety

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I suffer terribly from interview nerves, and the one thing that has helped is being extremely prepared and getting a good night's sleep. But I won't lie; I still feel like a failure every time I walk out of an interview. My big issue is that I'm not too fond of silence, so instead of stopping and thinking of a response, I keep talking and come out with some nonsense. Then there have been times when I wasn't nervous at all and answered the questions perfectly well, but I probably came across as boring or uninterested.

So I don't really have much advice for you, only to say you're not alone and despite my shortcomings, in the last five years, I did three interviews and got two jobs from three by being as prepared as possible.

Advertisement