Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 people celebrate a wedding in Longford.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    even by RTE standards , Aine Lawlor is a particularly insufferable bed wetting PC liberal
    One day too you will be bed wetting, but definitely not liberal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Watch all the faux concern for breaking regulations. It's really just an excuse to go on Traveller rants.

It's the regulations, it's the drugs, it's the theft of property, it's the theft of family pets, it's the **** you we do what we like attitude, it's their animal abuse, it's their sulky racing on public roads, it's their swindling of old people, its their constant intimidation of the public wherever they go.

And don't give me the "you can't tar everyone with the same brush" line, they tar themselves through action or inaction. When I hear travellers condemning and vilifying other travellers, like any decent settled person would of a settled scumbag, only then will there be a difference.

The rest of the population is up to their tits with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

*Mod snip - no discussing mod actions*
    These people should be rounded up and jailed why isn't this happening.
    Funerals have been broken up for less for Christ's sake.
    All the politicians and gardai are scared ****less of the travellers it can be the only reasons. Good forbid we offend them or upset them. **** them.

People will continue to hate travellers as long as they get away with **** like this.

There will be no end to traveller bashing threads like this until they are made accountable for their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Watch all the faux concern for breaking regulations. It's really just an excuse to go on Traveller rants.

Plenty of people are concerned about breaking regulations, even less than breaking regulations- there's about 6 threads related to it in the COVID forum. But this isn't really breaking of regulations, it's more about demolishing them with a big wrecking ball, bulldozing them, pouring petrol all over them, setting them on fire and then p*ssing on them.

Faux concern indeed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

It's a hidden secret that only the teachers were on full pay and that everyone else working from home are/were doing so for free.

For over a year prior to vaccination a local home help company deployed hundreds of carers to multiple homes 24/7. These carers interact with clients at very intimate levels.
    Not 1 single one caught Covid and neither did the clients. Not a single case.

Likewise, a local Pharma Production Plant running 24/7 has staff numbering several hundred onsite.
    Most staff are younger age groups who have not been vaccinated.
    They eat in canteens and they work in close proximity. Not one single case. Not one.

There are several Maintence and Tech companies I can think of who were even visiting Care Homes for essential work and they remained safe.

So , what exactly are Teachers lacking in their ability to take care of themselves like any other responsible member of society?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Madeoface

Unless of course this community had all attendees tested before hand, provided proper sanitation and had hygiene stations everywhere in the tent....if they did, well done.

In reality though it's more than likely going to be a super spreader event with a good dose of covid all around as a wedding present. Moronic behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Just today, Pavee Point were calling for Travellers to be prioritised for Covid 19 Vaccines because the number of cases doubled in a week within their community.

All the rights wanted, none of the responsibilities.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/new-reported-covid-19-outbreaks-in-traveller-community-double-in-a-week-1.4556158

The gall of fookers from pavee point on radio this morning about how they deserve a vaccine ahead of others.
    Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    RTE will be all over it tomorrow. Non stop on every program:pac:

#truthmatters

Claire Byrne in particular will be examining the challenges of applying pre-wedding fake tan.

RTE is a thundering disgrace at this stage.

How the fook they can run those ads about telling the truth and being a purveyor of facts, they should be charged under something akin to the trade descriptions act
    They'd most likely have their own generator in one of their 211-reg vans.

Their own you say ??
    the morning after the Carrick on Shannon funeral , he was on morning ireland and Aine Lawlor ( in those sombre tones of hers ) opened the interview by asking him

" are you worried anti traveller racists might exploit this gathering "

I remember that interview.

She really is some fooking spanner.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

I'm actually amazed RTE reported it in first place.

They usually turn blind eye to stories like this.

A bit like the Journal.ie today,

The seem to think that Caitlyn Jenner's run for the California governor job is more newsworthy to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭Be right back

the morning after the Carrick on Shannon funeral , he was on morning ireland and Aine Lawlor ( in those sombre tones of hers ) opened the interview by asking him

" are you worried anti traveller racists might exploit this gathering "

I guess she has never been the victim of a crime carried out by a traveller!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Madeoface wrote: »
    Unless of course this community had all attendees tested before hand, provided proper sanitation and had hygiene stations everywhere in the tent....if they did, well done.
    Even if they had, it would still be against the restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I got a warning for a post i made earlier so ill say it in another way.
    These people should be rounded up and jailed why isn't this happening.
    Funerals have been broken up for less for Christ's sake.
    All the politicians and gardai are scared ****less of the travellers it can be the only reasons. Good forbid we offend them or upset them. **** them.

People will continue to hate travellers as long as they get away with **** like this.

There will be no end to traveller bashing threads like this until they are made accountable for their actions.

oh there will be " an end to traveller bashing "

it will be a crime to criticise travellers under new " hate crime legislation "

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I guess she has never been the victim of a crime carried out by a traveller!

i dont know but even she had , i doubt she would be any different , shes a card carrying WOKE progressive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I hope they were frozen and the tent leaked one of those hefty showers on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,245 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Laughable, if not serious, to hear traveller activists calling for special vaccination programmes for them. One of the groups in society that have put two fingers up to the rest of society since the day this broke last year. As if public health guidance doesn't apply to them. We have them in the local town and they couldn't give a damn about social distancing or meeting in large groups. I'd recommend a Leo on them - to the very back of the queue and let them take their chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

oh there will be " an end to traveller bashing "

it will be a crime to criticise travellers under new " hate crime legislation "

Remember Rotherham and how police were afraid to do anything for fear of appearing racist ? Thats well on the way here, added to the fact the Gardai are afraid to use any force to enforce the law because they know very well that ; firstly they well be destroyed in the media if they do and secondly that these guys see them as a joke and aren't afraid to use violence. The threat of violence is an effective deterrent.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

mgn wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2021/0505/1214005-longford-marquee-gardai/

Where is Pavee Point this evening,

This has being going on since yesterday and the first I heard of it was on the 9pm news.

The released a statement stating they are "alarmed"

No condemnation, just more playing the victim.

Those at the Wedding dont care, never will. Do what they eant and no one will stop them.

Drew Harris, normally so keen to play the big tough sheriff and swagger around in front of the cameras talking the talk about how he's a no-nonsense RUC man determined to bring law and order to our benighted Southern society, is remarkably conspicuous by his absence today.

Desperate to wade into taxi drivers and peaceful protesters with truncheons, but has ****e running down his legs when faced with someone who might hit back.

ek motor wrote: »
    Remember Rotherham and how police were afraid to do anything for fear of appearing racist ? Thats well on the way here, added to the fact the Gardai are afraid to use any force to enforce the law because they know very well that ; firstly they well be destroyed in the media if they do and secondly that these guys see them as a joke and aren't afraid to use violence. The threat of violence is an effective deterrent.

The Gardaí can just treat them like any other gathering of people, just as they would students in Limerick or a large group out drinking in Portobello. There's no need for them to mention the T-word at all. We are all equal after all, right?

This is from the Garda.ie website. They are failing right in the first two paragraphs...
    Human Rights are the foundation of Policing. For An Garda Síochána Human Rights will be the foundation on which we build and deliver a policing service with the continuing support of the Community.

Not just the Traveller community...
    Ours is very much a Community based Policing Service and this style of policing will continue and as the Commission’s recommendations unfold we will be working with other statutory agencies particularly to address the harm that some of our citizens suffer.

Due to the reckless and impunitive actions of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

this is just a higher profile to what is going on all over the country by every demographic. I am in a small village in the north east- usually on a Saturday night you can hear the silence .. but these days you can actually hear the parties every Friday / Saturday evening. I know of at least 4 houses within a couple of minutes walk from me who have had "pubs" built in the garden. A local builder was flat out over lockdown building these.

So now rather than the local pub - its a round robin of who's pub people go to on a Saturday night - usually about 20 or so people. The guards know this is happening but choose to do nothing about it. One high profile local had a shindig a few weeks back - cars parked all the way down the road on both sides - DJ and went on to 6am .... couldn't have been missed by anyone.

• Advertisement

"We didn't get the injunction back to Longford until about 1.30, 2.00 yesterday afternoon.

"At that point then, there was a delay and problem with serving the injunction at the site - and that delay meant that the wedding was concluded and the venue was then full of people.

"A decision was made then not to enforce the injunction at that point."

I dont get this..... they got the injunction order to Longford by 2pm...... what caused the delay from there? Could they not just enter this structure and tell everyone to shift it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

who provided the Marquee ? Would this not have been illegal in install know what and how it was to be used ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Another breach by the drain of society.

First it was fake tests and all coming in when travel was not meant to happen.

Now total blatant disregard for the rules.

When can our taxes stop funding these cretins.

"At that point then, there was a delay and problem with serving the injunction at the site - and that delay meant that the wedding was concluded and the venue was then full of people.

"A decision was made then not to enforce the injunction at that point."

Who made this decision?
    On what grounds?
    What are the repercussions of deciding not to enforce an injunction after all the effort put into getting it? Does this happen often? Does it set a precedent?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Allinall

Who made this decision?
    On what grounds?
    What are the repercussions of deciding not to enforce an injunction after all the effort put into getting it? Does this happen often? Does it set a precedent?

That would be an operational issue.

I'd imagine it's not the first time it happened, and won't be the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

Great business for the local chipper. Ever classy.

From the Indo

A €3,000 takeaway bill was tabled to cater for guests at a wedding party in Co Longford last night.

More than 120 party goers filed through the doors of a 2,000 sq ft marquee yesterday evening on the outskirts of the town, only hours after local authority chiefs obtained a circuit court order for its removal.

It's understood an order to cater for up to 200 partygoers was placed at a local fast food outlet in the hours leading up to yesterday's celebrations.

Cal4567 wrote: »
    Great business for the local chipper. Ever classy.

From the Indo

A €3,000 takeaway bill was tabled to cater for guests at a wedding party in Co Longford last night.

More than 120 party goers filed through the doors of a 2,000 sq ft marquee yesterday evening on the outskirts of the town, only hours after local authority chiefs obtained a circuit court order for its removal.

It's understood an order to cater for up to 200 partygoers was placed at a local fast food outlet in the hours leading up to yesterday's celebrations.

Nothing says best day of your life like a battered sausage and a snackbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Looks like they're being targeted as one of the first groups to receive the J&J vaccines too.

Looks like they're being targeted as one of the first groups to receive the J&J vaccines too.

Why do they deserve to jump the queue over anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Why do they deserve to jump the cue over anyone else?

Racism.

Advertisement