Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio forum - Mod is drunk on power

Options
  • 06-05-2021 12:14am

There was a call today on the Liveline thread from a guy complaining that his friend "Pat the Biker" lost a tender to continue running his bicycle rental business. Pat is a full time Bord na Mona employee and a few people, wondered how legal said business is. It's being spoken about on the national airwaves so why can we not discuss it on a discussion forum?

More than one person made a comment regarding Pat the Bikers tax situation, which considering he works for a semi-state company I think is perfectly valid.

The Mod, A Tyrant Named Miltiades! reaction was to:

-Yellow card a number of users
    -Ban me for a week
    -Perma-ban ButterSuki - a contributor to Boards for over a decade and a healthcare worker.

Can I request another mod or a CMod to look at the comments and the punishment handed out and decide were there appropriate?

I personally believe the Mod of the radio forum, A Tyrant Named Miltiades!, is on something of a power trip and someone needs to have a word with him.

Thank you

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Posts deleted and thread moved from the Dispute Resolution Forum

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

More than one person made a comment regarding Pat the Bikers tax situation, which considering he works for a semi-state company I think is perfectly valid.
    No it is not. The commentary made was potentially defamatory and had to be removed
    Can I request another mod or a CMod to look at the comments and the punishment handed out and decide were there appropriate?
    Have you attempted to discuss this with the mod?
    I personally believe the Mod of the radio forum, A Tyrant Named Miltiades!, is on something of a power trip and someone needs to have a word with him.
    I fully support the mod actions here, and indeed discussed them with the mod yesterday evening.

If you wish to dispute your ban you must firstly discuss it with the mod. Once that avenue of appeal is exhausted and if you are dissatisfied with the outcome you can then, and only then, start a thread in the Dispute Resolution Forum

Grand so. Delete this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement