Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uranium Bull Market

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭kellyj77

Yep numerco on twitter for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any of you taking a punt on Sprott (SPUT) or do you think theres more money in the producers/explorers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

It's way safer option than explorers certainly. The flip side of that of course is that you limit your upside. The Discord I'm most active on regard it as the safest 2 or 3x you'll make.

Developers that make the leap into becoming producers during a bull run are the ones to outperform the rest.

Bannerman is my pick in terms of developers, but Global Atomic or Denison Mines would be considered really great picks too. Denison due to their asset and Global due to both a great asset and a clear path to production as regards permits. The only risk on Global is that they're located in Niger, which has been a bit troubled recently.

Denison are located in Canada, and they're trialling a method of mining that's untested in that particular region. Their permits alone may take years. I'm in them as my second largest holding though. Not because I believe they'll get into production, but because they're well known and they have option chains (more on that later).

I picked Bannerman as a third largest as they are highly leveraged to an increasing U price. Their asset is huge, but low grade. They suddenly become very relevant as the LT contract price heads into the $70s. Their team is great too and their CEO is also the current head of the WNA. They're an obvious target for a Chinese buy out given their Namibian location.

To give some context John Quakes on Twitter has stated that the average LT price in the last bull run was $74. Not sure how accurate that is though!

Explorers are up there when it comes to dramatic upswings too. They can go from zero to hero on a set of drill results.

Finally, it looks like WSB are picking up on this. They'll target companies with options. That's limited to a handful in this space, Denison being one of them.

Oh and to answer your question, I'll be buying in to SPUT late this month when I get paid.

On your last point, uranium is picking up massive traction on wsb and we all have seen then influence they have had previously. The uranium market is quite small so their impact should be considered. I saw ccj had been in top 5 mentioned stocks on reddit for the past few days. Denison also getting alot of attention. I hold both but if I didn't this would definitely sway me somewhat into which miners to pick.

So far without the American or Canadian exchanges being open I've posted my biggest single day's gains.

Australia:

BMN: 25.49%

BOE: 13.21%

PEN: 31.82%

VMY: 38.24%

London:

AURA up 48% so far

I have no doubt these prices will correct over the next while but man, what a day, and my biggest holdings have yet to start trading!

Mental. Woke up to a 28.3% gain in DYL. Following Fridays gains its getting ridiculous. Pre market looks like more big gains across the board aswell for uuuu, dnn, ccj etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Having read here and reddit and twitter, I decided to get in on some of the action with Kazatomprom, mostly just for fun, up 11% today, a bit short of you guy's gains :)

It's not bad for a few clicks! Kazatomprom is as close as you'll get to a blue chip in this space.

It's been crazy the past couple of weeks and especially the past two trading days. Don't be afraid to take profits.

• Advertisement

I cant make up my mind tbh, I got in early with a couple of Lithium producers on the ASX and made a couple of bags but then saw all the newbies rushing in and getting burned twice in the last couple of years, Im wondering if the exact same thing is happening here or if theres still a few 100% to go when you look at the historic highs a lot of these companies used to be at. Hindsight trading off a graph like that is a muppet move though.

Historic highs don't take into account dilution in the interim period. Market cap would be a better way to gauge it.

My personal feeling is to decide on how much you want to go in on, put 20% in now and add more on dips, and there will be plenty of dips. You avoid FOMO and you limit your downside to the initial 20% of your investment. The flip side of that strategy is of course if it continues to run up and the next dip brings us to a level that's higher than today you've missed out and you're still buying in at a higher price!

Good luck in the decision making ;)

Thanks, it was a great investment case and fair play for being so far ahead of the curve anyway, hope you do very well out of it.

Thanks and best of luck in your own investing whatever way you decide!

Ah feck it Ill start trickling into SPUT on dips like these and see how we go while researching individual companies, not going to go mad but Ive had a good year so far in crypto and lithium so I can take a punt without any pain.

Wow Degiro is a bit pathetic for Uranium companies though, most of them arent on there.

Yeah it's not the best. It's why I left them for IBKR.

Search for the company name rather than the ticker. Some of them are listed under euro exchanges under odd tickers.

• Advertisement

I have an American E-Trade account that I was given a while ago to handle my stock options for work, Ill just use that in future, Degiro just annoying me all the time these days, they work so well sometimes but all the missing tickers is such a bizarre business decision.

Post edited by Thargor on

It's risk led from what one of their support agents said to me when I asked them to add Boss (BOE) on the ASX. I'm not sure how much a front line level one person would know but probably a bit more than me when it comes to the inner workings of their company.

I can't blame them for not adding penny stocks as a whole. They can't research every one to see if they're a bag of turds or just been at the end of a ten year bear mauling.

Anyways, tis behind me. Best of luck on the E-Trade platform.

Post edited by RainInSummer on

Spot touching 50 😳It's getting mental. My gains and some of the movements have been cryptoesque recently.

It'll correct soon enough. Well I think it has to.

Higher highs is nice, higher lows are way more important.

Then of course that tea leaf reading of mine of a general market correction in q4/q1.

U stocks will drop with the rest but rebound hard I think. Well. I hope.

Agreed. There has to be some sort of correction. Are you planning on holding or exiting at some stage hoping to re-enter lower?

• Advertisement

I'm holding. I don't trust myself to time it.

You could end up with one ball ache of a tax bill.

Hope you didn't get to buy in this week @Thargor

It's been mentioned in the thread a few times how volatile this play is. Today is a perfect example.

My monthly buying money won't land in the account for another two weeks. I'll see how things are looking before either buying more or holding cash again.

Crazy day. Biggest losses so far. Any particular reason which triggered it that you can see? Or simply profit taking?

If the latter then I'm actually quite happy as pay day early next week and will be loading back up.

Nah just bought some SPUT on the big dip the other day, still in profit a bit. TBH I just did it to reduce the niggling sense that I was missing out on free money in the back of my mind, Im very suspicious of the entire market atm and looking for a house so Im mostly cash and crypto and a few lithium miners. I will grab some Bannerman and a couple of others if it dips further though.

I'm in the dark I'm afraid. Profit taking seems the most logical. Some equities ran up 50-100% in two weeks. Can't blame anyone.

Good stuff. Nothing worse than jumping in and getting a bloody nose straight away.

Looking like it's going to be another day of carnage.

Haven't checked the account. Days, weeks and months like this I just don't look.

Got one email alert about QCCU jumping 25% up though. So that's one ray of sunshine

SPUT finished in the green, it is free money! *touch wood*

I don't think we're out of the murky waters just yet despite a green day all round the sector again.

• Advertisement

Chinas closed today and it seems to be triggering a relief rally but the big event hasnt happened yet and it looks like its going to aswell because they've already missed a couple of payment deadlines, it could all kick off again tomorrow.

True. I won't be checking till next week when the wages land in the account anyways. Will see has this provided a good buying opportunity or what.

Wages landed yesterday so nicely timed dip. Topped up. Hopefully things don't dip too much more and continue upwards

Ballsy, buying into such uncertainty :)

Then again it's just a top up and not a full blown all in buy. Fingers crossed!

The bleed continues. Horrendous week and half or so. Still in green though so won't start complaining yet.

Same. Not worried, this is my third.

October should be wild, one way or another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Came accross this thread recently ....and it got be triggered to do a bit more research, anyway threw a few bob at

Cameco

Nextgen

Working out really well, I'm up about 15% on both after only about a week or so.

Probably beginners luck? 😁 🤞

But thanks lads 👍

October is typically the 'busy' season for uranium, you have the WNA symposium in Sept, then the UxC conference in Oct, after which it is fuel buying season.

I couldn't rule out a down week or two, but I have strong hope that the month finishes well up on Sept.

@littlevillage Cameco are as close to a blue chip in the U space as you will get, possibly limited upside due to them already being one of the bigger players, but they're safe and will benefit from any capital inflows to the uranium ETFs that hold them (that's all U focused ETFs btw).

NexGen have the best undeveloped deposit in the world right now. They have a slim chance of getting into production this cycle as it is in the middle of no where, approx 500km from a road. However, what stands to them is that any positive news flow from them will see a good effect on their price.

I think this cycle has had it's time frame shifted from 3-5 years to 1-2 years now. It'll run up all the more violently due to the compressed time frame, then drop back to a 'healthy' level that will allow new mines to come online over time. I can't see uranium dropping to 2011-2016 levels for instance.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement

My initial toe-dip with Sprott is now in the red by 15% 😫

Not too bothered though, it took me until my thirties to start DCA'ing into these things instead of rushing in and I avoided getting burned, I was seriously tempted that day a couple of weeks ago when it pulled back 20% and then surged the next day.

Looks like they messed up some submission and now nobody in the US can trade them, they're bleeding every day, could be December before its sorted.

Yeah, some brokers are not trading them. They're still buying though pounds though.

I was about to buy some more yesterday and all.

Might just hold off.

Phew. What a day. Looks like buyers returned in strength.

Not really sure what the catalysts were, closest thing I could find was France backing nuclear. Not surprising really, they're about 75% nuclear and have the lowest emissions in the EU as a result.

Hope anyone that bought in recently saw their positions rise.

Wow is all I'll say. By far my biggest non crypto related green day. Not going to get carried away as we have seen the wild swings in this over past few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Yep, the timing of my entry here has proved very fortuitous, already taking some profits off the table

(I learnt the hard way to always be taking some profits.... what the market giveth, the market can taketh away)

Excellent stuff. I'm one of these clowns that think the 'rules' of investing don't apply to them. I'll wait it out until I feel sentiment is a bit too frothy.

• Advertisement

Another positive catalyst: Kazatomprom, the world's largest producer of uranium has announced they are starting a physical fund along the same lines as Sprott.

Strong past couple of days too, getting hit with the rest of the markets today though.

Apologies for lack of info recently, I haven't been that active lately.

So no shortage of catalysts, not least of which is the above mentioned Kazakhstani fund going live. Probably too many to go over, but just a quick note that right now is a good buying opportunity if you're interested in this space.

Prices across nearly all equities in the uranium mining space have taken a recent beating after a solid run up.

I'll be adding more next week when payday rolls about.

1. We're still early in this. The price of uranium is still lower than is needed to incentivise opening of existing mines not to mind say incentivise new production.

2. The spot market and secondary supply is thinning by the day. Sprott have re-upped their ATM physical fund to $3.5bn CAD from $1.3bn CAD and the Kazakhs are getting in on the act too.

3. Any further covid (or other) related delays/shutdowns will only coil the spring further.

EDIT: Quick note on point 3. Inevitable does not mean imminent (as Rick Rule often says). In my view the time scale has been reduced from a 3-5 year run to a 2-3 year run. I had initially aimed at being fully out in 2024/25, however it's looking like that could be accelerated in to 2023. Subject to market conditions of course!

Best of luck to anyone involved! Any questions, feel free to ask.

Post edited by RainInSummer on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭daheff

Which is your favourite uranium stock Rain?

Like if you had to pick one only which would it be?

UUUU. Energy Fuels.

It started out as my favourite and still is. When I first bought them the rare earth elements (REE) side of their business was not really a thing. I think the CEO, Mark Chalmers is playing a blinder so far on both the uranium and REE fronts. Price target for me is mid 20s. I really do believe it will go past that though as the hype/momentum train speeds up.

.....that said, if I was starting from scratch or rich I'd probably load up on Global Atomic, GLO as well as a joint favourite. They have so much going for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 grassmoon

A bloody day for U stocks, getting fecked over by the general market. Wonder where the bottom is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement