Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App crashes

Options
  • 06-05-2021 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Issue with BOI app on Android Huawei Phone.
    Logo pops up but then disappears.

Tried to uninstall and reinstall, no change.
    Tried to delete data and cache, then uninstall and reinstall, no change.

App was running a few months ago. Probably with the latest version might be a problem.
    Any tips?
    Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Earl,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

Due to the trade embargo between the US and China, the US has banned Google from providing their Google Play Store to Chinese manufacturers, so therefore some Huawei customers are unable to use the BOI App.

This means that newer models of the Huawei phone does not have access to the Google Play Store, they have their own store called the “App Gallery”. It is important to note that older models (pre May 2019) that were released with the Google Play Store will still have access and will continue to be updated. It is only newer models released since that will not have access to the Google Play Store.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Earl Peter

As I wrote I uninstalled and installed it newly right from Google Play store. My phone gets every update because it's from before the bann.
    Tried the app again today, but it's still the same. As I saw on the board, there are a number of people having the same problem.
    Maybe your technical department has an answer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Not working on Samsung either. Starts, goes to white screen then nothing. Can't even use the old website as you still need the app to use it. What a POS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

spurious wrote: »
    Not working on Samsung either. Starts, goes to white screen then nothing. Can't even use the old website as you still need the app to use it. What a POS.
    Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

I am sorry that you are having difficulty using the mobile app. I would recommend deleting and reinstalling the app to see if this works for you. This has been a fix for customers with similar difficulty. Our technical teams are currently looking into this as a high priority. 

I hope this helps and please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Take care.

Many thanks,
    Megan

Advertisement