Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2022

Options
  • 06-05-2021 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Anybody else here? I'm due the first week so might be a Dec 2021 yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Congrats Minier :)
    I'm also due early January 2022. This would be my first. Trying not to get too excited yet though as I've had light spotting on and off since Sunday.
    Had my first GP appointment today and she thinks I'll get an appointment with the Coombe as soon as next week due to the spotting.
    I've a long and irregular cycle but I think I'm due January 2nd.
    How are you feeling?

(Hope it's ok to go unreg here but paranoid real life people who know my username will see).

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Poissy

Congratulations Minier! How are you feeling?

I'm also due early January 2022. This will be my first.

I had my first scan today, at 6 weeks. I've had spotting on and off for over a week and my GP mentioned it in my referral letter to the Coombe so they offered me an early scan. Thankfully all looked well, even saw the flickering of the heartbeat. I'm finding the whole thing very surreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

Hi Poissy
    Congrats to you too!
    I am just a few days behind you then, I'll be 6 weeks this week too. I had spotting at the 4-5 week stage but is seems to have died down now, I am back to NMH for a scan next week too.
    This is baby 2 for me :-)

And I'm feeling good. Tiredness is my only symptom so far and a little bloated. How are you feeling?

That's great you're feeling good, long may it last. At least with this being your second you'll have an idea of what to expect over the next few months :)

I've felt ok so far. Every so often I'll suddenly feel a bit off (dizzy or mildly nauseous) but thankfully it doesn't last long. I'm worried though as a few of the women in my family have suffered from hyperemesis and I just don't know how I'll cope if it happens to me, I'm an essential worker so working from home isn't an option.

Hadn't noticed being more tired than normal but I had booked today off work and I randomly fell asleep in the afternoon for a few hours. Hoping its just on account of a bad night's sleep last night thinking about the scan, think I had convinced myself it was ectopic!!

• Advertisement

I had a bit of mild nausea last time but probably not this early. I found it worst when I had an empty stomach. Try to eat small but often and it might stay at bay. Hopefully you escape the severe nausea your family had.

I fall asleep alot watching tv in the evening!! My coping mechanism is to try to go to bed early one night a week. The odd sneaky nap could sort of any tiredness for you. Its just your body making you do what it needs.

I had myself convinced mine was ectopic too after the bleeding, and I have had previous miscarriages so was really thinking the worst. Yolk sac was visible at 5 weeks though, too early for anything else then but hopefully next week scan will bring more reassurance. Feeling very optimistic now.

Thanks Minier. Unfortunately I've been feeling very nauseous since Tuesday. Its more or less constant. Eating does sometimes help but not always. It hasn't progressed to vomiting but hoping and praying that its not just a matter of time.

Sorry to hear about your previous miscarriages, I can imagine it would make you paranoid. When is your upcoming scan? Hope it goes well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Laurz8558

Huge congratulations to you both!!!!
    My baba will hopefully be part of the January 2022 club too,all going well. Due on January 11th-4/5weeks gone. It was a surprise as we are getting married in Sept but the best one we could get and be so nice to have bump aa part of the day! No sympthoms at all yet except the cramps and tiredness!

Laurz8558 wrote: »
    My baba will hopefully be part of the January 2022 club too,all going well. Due on January 11th-4/5weeks gone. It was a surprise as we are getting married in Sept but the best one we could get and be so nice to have bump aa part of the day! No sympthoms at all yet except the cramps and tiredness!

Congratulations! A lovely surprise and addition for your wedding. I am just a week ahead of you. I am just tired and a little bloated so far. I have a feeling the nausea might not start until 8 weeks.... but hopefully you will be one of the ones who escape it!

Another symptom is tender boobs! Not too bad now but noticeable.

• Advertisement

Aw thank you so much!!! I am just so excited!!! I have been looking at maternity wedding dresses too and there is some nice ones! I'm definitely finding the tiredness strange as usually have so much energy! Boobs havent been sore yet really but Im hoping all the non symothoms Im having arent too good to be true! Be so great if we didnt have the sickness! Which hospital you going with? I have to send off the forms to the Coombe today

I'm in holles st, my daughter was born there. Sister using the coombe, she is a few months further along and they are looking after her well.

Minier81 wrote: »
    I'm in holles st, my daughter was born there. Sister using the coombe, she is a few months further along and they are looking after her well.
    Ahh thats great to hear! Have heard really good things about the Coombe so far

Laurz8558 wrote: »

Thanks and same to you, on both the wedding and pregnancy. Exciting months ahead :)

I'm also going with the Coombe, really impressed with them so far so hopefully that lasts.

Today is my worst day yet for nausea. Work was painful. Almost considering making myself sick to see if it makes me feel any better, but keep putting it off in case it's similar to breaking the seal & once I start I won't be able to stop. Sorry for the TMI:o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Remember feeling like that on my third, ir's terrible.I never actually got sick though.Small amounts of fairly plain food seem to be best.Sometimes a few mouthfuls of coke (weirdly) or ginger biscuits helped but hopefully it will pass in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cheesegirl

Hi All, I'm due early January too :)
    Trying to wrap my head around semi-private vs public - I really want my OH to be able to come to scans so thinking public and pay for private scans is maybe best option (as it looks like if semi-private you have to do the scans at the hospital on your own due to Covid). I'm guessing with Covid the waiting times for public are now much shorter - anyone have experience/heard from others?
    Thanks!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Cheesegirl wrote: »
    Trying to wrap my head around semi-private vs public - I really want my OH to be able to come to scans so thinking public and pay for private scans is maybe best option (as it looks like if semi-private you have to do the scans at the hospital on your own due to Covid). I'm guessing with Covid the waiting times for public are now much shorter - anyone have experience/heard from others?
    Thanks!

Congratulations :)

Unless you have private health insurance then I wouldn't bother.

I was in the same boat having my last and I was advised that ALL hospital stays would be chargeable to us if we didn't have VHI or alternative.

So if you had an infection, or high blood pressure and had to stay in for a few days. You'll be charged for everything.

Hope that helps.

Private scans are a different thing altogether. There are loads of places where you can just pay as you go for scans. Ultrasound Dimensions in Blackrock are great if you're in Dublin. Also Merrion Fetal Health.

shesty wrote: »
    Remember feeling like that on my third, ir's terrible.I never actually got sick though.Small amounts of fairly plain food seem to be best.Sometimes a few mouthfuls of coke (weirdly) or ginger biscuits helped but hopefully it will pass in a few weeks.

Thanks for the tips. I did read that ginger is good for nausea but didn't even think of ginger biscuits. The thought of them doesn't even turn my stomach like most foods do so I will definitely try them :)

Thanks!

Congrats :)
    I don't have any experience but I did read that public is grand so I decided to go public and then will probably pay for at least one private scan.

Thanks!
    Congratulations!
    To be honest I think semi private is a bit of a rip off. I would personally either do public or fully private. Public maternity care is excellent in Ireland. I believe with covid appointment waiting around times are improved but don't have direct experience of this. Getting extra private scans is easy. Also hopefully in a few months more and more are vaccinated, the birth partners will be back in person for all this.

• Advertisement

Oh no! I hope you are OK! I find I do be starving all the time but thats it! Feeling like I am way too lucky here! But definitely yes I find snacking often really helps! This baby clearly loves food! :)

Thanks!

Congratations!!!! Soooo exciting!!! Yes Im going to go public. Semi private is basically the same I heard except you have to pay for certain services so didnt see the point. Going to see about getting private scans too on my VHI so my OH can come. Really hope things get better for the OH soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭loriexxx

Very early days here not even 5 weeks and have zero symptoms hard to believe I am even pregnant. Anyone else have no symptoms at this stage

loriexxx wrote: »
    Very early days here not even 5 weeks and have zero symptoms hard to believe I am even pregnant. Anyone else have no symptoms at this stage

I was the same! Nothing to worry about. Some women escape symptoms altogether. But for many others symptoms start closer to 8 weeks. I only really have tiredness and a but of bloating.
    Congratulations x

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Yep had no idea I was pregnant at 5 weeks. I had nausea and vomiting at around 8 weeks but it only lasted a few days.

Yes I am the same! Just tired! My GP said I am 6 weeks but Im not sure if Im that far gone. Congrats btw!:)

Anyone else feeling totally miserable? I'm exhausted, breaking out with spots and have nausea a lot of the time - it's like having the worlds longest period

Anyone else feeling totally miserable? I'm exhausted, breaking out with spots and have nausea a lot of the time - it's like having the worlds longest period

Me! I've been feeling very sorry for myself for the past couple of weeks. Nausea is just horrible. I also just really miss enjoying food, so much of eating is now such a chore.

I have actually had a few days lately where I've felt a bit better and I still have never actually gotten sick so although I don't feel great today, I'm really really hoping that maybe it might ease off soon. Or maybe just wishful thinking!

Hope you are feeling better soon Cheesegirl and hope the rest of you are doing well.

I'll be 9 weeks next week and I've booked a Panorama test for late next week. It includes a scan so fingers crossed all looks well.

Poissy wrote: »
    Me! I've been feeling very sorry for myself for the past couple of weeks. Nausea is just horrible. I also just really miss enjoying food, so much of eating is now such a chore.

I have actually had a few days lately where I've felt a bit better and I still have never actually gotten sick so although I don't feel great today, I'm really really hoping that maybe it might ease off soon. Or maybe just wishful thinking!

Hope you are feeling better soon Cheesegirl and hope the rest of you are doing well.

I'll be 9 weeks next week and I've booked a Panorama test for late next week. It includes a scan so fingers crossed all looks well.

Thanks Poissy! Was feeling bad for not being all glowy and excited! Good luck with the scan hope all goes well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 babyllama

Me too. 9 weeks and symptoms are pretty much gone since 6/7 weeks.

Advertisement